Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Shifting Oneself

LlunaBlue

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Jan 2009
Heya, I'm fairly new to drugs (Had a couple of times where I've dabbled with psychadelics or weed) and I'm looking for a specific kind of effect to feel.

Whenever I smoked weed I became talkative, and whenever I tried psychadelics I see lights. May I ask for advice on what kind of drug I should be looking for if I was aiming for the sensation of shapeshifting?

Is there a drug which feels like it affects yourself, as opposed to the world around you...? Would there be something that could make me feel like my body is growing, shrinking, expanding or changing...?

I am looking for something truly intense, where I feel like my body just isn't as solid as it seems. Any advice I'd be very appreciative of.

lucky_lab_rat

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
5 Avr 2009
I would argue it is not only which drug- but how large the dose :wink:

That said- be careful going into an experiement looking for specific outcomes. The old saying "careful what you wish for- you may get it" pops to mind. But more deeply- I think it will interfere with what the experience has to teach you.... I remember Leary did an experiement with lsd and religious folks- christians saw jesus/god, muslims saw mohammed, etc etc. They did not have a deeper experience because they let their minds get in the way.

LlunaBlue

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Jan 2009
Lucky_Lab_Rat a dit:
I would argue it is not only which drug- but how large the dose Wink

That said- be careful going into an experiement looking for specific outcomes. The old saying "careful what you wish for- you may get it" pops to mind. But more deeply- I think it will interfere with what the experience has to teach you.... I remember Leary did an experiement with lsd and religious folks- christians saw jesus/god, muslims saw mohammed, etc etc. They did not have a deeper experience because they let their minds get in the way.

In the sense it might be that I've only tried the lighter drugs and I'm not very receptive to them

At least, I don't feel receptive...

I guess in simpler terms I'm looking for something more... introverted. And intense ; )

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Larger doses of Mescaline , LSD , smoked DMT , Psilocybin and Ayahuasca if taken with care , in the right set and setting and with a sitter are intense enough for most people . Provokeing types of trips or effects doesnt work . Every trip and every person are different .

Alice in wonderland was good though............

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
I shape shifted into a deer and a cat on ayahuasca and saw other people growling like animals.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Hi LlunaBlue.. both of the drugs you mentioned can sometimes produce the effects you are interested in.. I've totally felt and seen my body completely out of proportion like a cartoon on higher doses of cannabis. Psychedelics--to a much, much greater degree, becoming other beings, etc. But as other posters mentioned, it's difficult to just make this happen. It will happen when it happen, and it is always an interesting experience when it does. It is more frequent for me on closed-eye psychedelic trips though

The drug that consistently makes me feel like a shapeshifter is salvia, I've frequently had effects where I felt that I had become objects in the room or had become some imaginary forest creature. But the experience isn't nearly as clear as the above drugs though... in my opinion anyway.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
I agree, Salvia is a tremendous shapelifter. Even exchanging your posture with objects. To me, it's effects are too strong and weird to get a complete evaluation out of. High dosages of psilo have completely altered the way in how I have felt my body as well.

LSD however, is quite straight, even at ego death I'm relatively clear in this world. The same goes for mescaline. Although these two, offer a great opportunity for restructuring your Self due to their direct message. And mescaline an exceptional gateway to new worlds.

Smoked DMT strongly depends on dose, duration of holding breath and mindset. With half way through, I had one leg much longer than the other, or my head which felt pretty much like an oval.

Don't know about ayahuasca, no experience with this yet.

Getafix

Banni
Inscrit
18 Avr 2009
LlunaBlue a dit:
I guess in simpler terms I'm looking for something more... introverted. And intense ; )
But why the desire for shapeshifting? Did you read about it somewhere?

I agree Salvia gives very intense sensations of changing shape, of being dragged somewhere, or of becoming one with the objects around you. But you rarely hear of people 'becoming' a cat or a bird. That is more likely to happen, as pointed out by magickmumu, with Ayahuasca.

You write you have dabbled with psychedelics. Does that include mushrooms?

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Proper goodness Getafix. Going into altered states of consciousness with the intention to become a different physical form or shape may possibly result in unexpected encounters. Exploring the entheogenic world with this main motive wouldn't cross my mind either. Their addition to the soul is much more elongated.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Large dose of psilocybin, and sitting in the woods will turn you into an animal.

Salvia will melt you into the wall.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
LlunaBlue a dit:
(...) and whenever I tried psychadelics I see lights.

That tells me that you have never taken remotely enough psychedelics to know what psychedelics are about. You might not feel shapeshifted on a high amount of shrooms or lsd (or you might...) but that is totally not the point...

Like everyone else here said, salvia is a good means to feel shapeshifted, I read many trip reports where people turned into a sofa or a wall. I never did - but I never really liked salvia and aborted experimenting after one medium strong trip. I didn't shapeshift, I was just swimming in a universe full of geometric shapes. It wasn't a pleasant feeling though, and it told me nothing. Then it left me hollow and depressed. Never did salvia again.

LsDxMdma

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Nov 2007
i was going to suggest salvia but u guys beat me to it!

the first time i did sally-d i smoked a bowl pack of 20x..i was looking down at myself from the corner of my room in the corner, and I was a gargoyle.trippy stuff!

Mara

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Avr 2008
I think the dose is really important here. I once felt completely shapeshifted on a high (unintended) dose of cannabis (ate them as cookies). When I was alone during that time I felt more like an object then a human being. During a few of my mushroom-solo trips I shapeshifted as well, becoming one with the frequency of sound and becoming an animal sometimes. I know my father became an Aardvark on his first trip on magic mushrooms! :rolleyes:

Again, try to find out your dose.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Once on mushrooms during the peak my cat jumped on the couch where I was. I wondered how it would be to be a cat and to experience that consciousness and low and behold ...

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Tripping with pets around changed my perspective of animals in some ways..

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
st.bot.32 a dit:
Tripping with pets around changed my perspective of animals in some ways..

Same, I hate watching my cat when I'm high, he's so blindly in love with me it bugs me, plus he licks me.

But when I'm sober I love the fluff ball... But I did realize, when thinking about it, they are extremely intelligent, much more so then I previously thought. They have internal conversations too... I wish I could understand them, however.

You know what is NOT FUN? Going to the zoo high... If you are able to pick up the empathy of the animals there... You will want to leave (or break them out and put em in the back of your truck n drive em "home")

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
my cat came to my room while tripping and all the hair in her body stand up and was supersensitive of my touch, like i was full of static, and she wouldn't stop vocalizing

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Has anyone got their pet high?

I did, one cat despised it, so I stopped (she won't go near me if she smells the stuff)

The other cat, seemed to become retarded. He would get so happy he would drool, and want to rub it on you, like it was a loving thing, he would head butt you in compassion too... very very funny little guy,