Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Serotonin boosts after Mdma usage.

Djones

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Nov 2006
Lately I've discovered something strange.
Usually I just feel a bit down for a few days after a weekend of Mdma.
Then mostly the second week I start to feel just normal again without any negative effects.
But the last couple of times I've noticed that in the second or third week I feel like the serotonin is getting massive boosts in my head.
I feel overly confident and happy and energetic, all at the same time.

Now I wonder, is the serotonin really boosting up, more than before I used Mdma, or is it just the contrast I'm feeling between feeling down the first week and just coming back to normal again?

I kind of feel I'm actually feeling better than before I used Mdma.
In that case, Mdma might not even be that bad for you :D
So I wonder if this sounds familiar to you!?

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"after a weekend of Mdma" - "But the last couple of times " - "I feel overly confident and happy and energetic, all at the same time. "

Sounds like the start of damage to me , to much , to often . It starts like that and then after a few days you feel realy down again , and it just keeps happening like a roller coaster . Sometimes up for no reason and then other times down . With me it got so bad that one minute i was flying and the next crying watching the news on TV . I think its probably time for you to take a break for a few months and see what happens .

skrudge

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
Nah that don't has to be true GOD. When I was 19 I used shitloads of mdma. In retrospect this was a bad move, me and a couple of friends did it every weekend for over a year/ a year and a half. In that period i never felt down after the use of mdma or xtc. My friends did, but i didn't. So don't present it as a fact, I think it depends on your personal mind state and your body's ability to regen serotonin.

But Djones, don't let this fool you, and please don't say 'mdma might be good for you', because it's not when taken weekly or even monthly.

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
It's most likely the contract between the up period and the down period, or it's just an assumption you are making which is placebo.

Maybe you're just in a good period of you're life and feeling good anyway. Lots of possibilities. :)

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
I noticed that too. When I take xtc, the day after I feel just a bit down (I don't have much negative effect from xtc). Then I feel more happy and smileful for at least a week after. This wasn't true with my last MDMA experiences tho, but they were bad quality pills. I am very interested in the fluctuation of the serotonin level in the brain, before, while and after XTC. I wonder if there has been studies about it...

Cause I'm pretty much convinced that when you use MDMA responsibly (no more than one dose every 6 months), your brains learns to overproduce serotonin and then your normal level goes up a bit. This is just an hypothesis tho...

Roeligan

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
Cause I'm pretty much convinced that when you use MDMA responsibly (no more than one dose every 6 months), your brains learns to overproduce serotonin and then your normal level goes up a bit. This is just an hypothesis tho...

I think you might be right on this one, in a study done on rats where these rats were given a low dose of MDMA the serotonin levels in certain brain regions were elevated after 10 weeks. But don't cheer to fast, with higher doses the level of serotonin was lower after 10 weeks.. If you have a little medical knowledge you can find an article here which sums up most of the research done on MDMA to date.

Enjoy reading