Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

sad little cactus

atypical

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Avr 2009
heres the new addition to my family, had an interesting trip home as I took him to a vapor cafe and poolbar on the way but now has an illness? water defiency? stress? exposure to ~0 degrees celsius or a bit colder air for 60-180 minutes?
Im new to the world of growing cacti and would appreciate any possible diagnose because at the moment I have no clue what it is, if its dangerous and what i should do if anything to combat it.
:)

atypical

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Avr 2009
and close up they look like old burns that are peeling with a few that are 1/2 inch long approx right near the soil.

atypical

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Avr 2009
started treating with a nicotine solution as I think it is some form of scale, if this doesnt work in a week or two going to buy some oil to try and suffocate the little fuckers.

MrCactus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Oct 2009
The big white spots are dead epidermal tissue.
You can not do anything to remove or cure.

When you see black, brown or reddisch tissue the Cactus is in danger: infection or rotting.

atypical

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Avr 2009
thanks, that makes sense in retrospect, I assume this is from being transported various places in my arms/a backpack and the stress from that? Will these go away on their own then? or will i have a splotchy cacti forever?

atypical

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Avr 2009
though under some of those spots it gets darker brown dunno if its just scarred cactus or infection.. ill just blend the non bad skin up into a smoothie for swim if its uncurable with my succulent idiocy.

MrCactus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Oct 2009
When you are in doubt about rotting tissue, you can cut-off 3 x 3 mm of the white tissue.
When the inside tissue is brown or black, you better cut the cactus beneath the brown or black spot.
Then dry the bottom part.
And cut-off slices of the upper part of the cactus untill you do not see brown or black or orange coloured tissue.

atypical

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Avr 2009
thanks I took a little chunk outta the worst looking spot and it was just dead dried brown skin over delicious looking green flesh underneath
appreciate the help and hopefully my cactus can survive without my love while i plant trees for the summer.

atypical

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Avr 2009
hes doing fine, grown .5-2 inches since march (realistically 1ish), new growth and weak spines at top even with the scabby spots though i think my woman/women over the course of this time may have been wary of me based on my phallic succulents problems