Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Revealed – the capitalist network that runs the world

Nomada

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
http://www.newscientist.com/article...e-capitalist-network-that-runs-the-world.html

some complexity theorists in Zurich, apparently, using supercomputers ran a big "follow the money" exercise. quote:

The work, to be published in PLoS One, revealed a core of 1318 companies with interlocking ownerships. Each of the 1318 had ties to two or more other companies, and on average they were connected to 20. What's more, although they represented 20 per cent of global operating revenues, the 1318 appeared to collectively own through their shares the majority of the world's large blue chip and manufacturing firms - the "real" economy - representing a further 60 per cent of global revenues.

When the team further untangled the web of ownership, it found much of it tracked back to a "super-entity" of 147 even more tightly knit companies - all of their ownership was held by other members of the super-entity - that controlled 40 per cent of the total wealth in the network. "In effect, less than 1 per cent of the companies were able to control 40 per cent of the entire network," says Glattfelder. Most were financial institutions. The top 20 included Barclays Bank, JPMorgan Chase & Co, and The Goldman Sachs Group.

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
This looks potentially ground breaking!

How long can the governments and media keep dismissing reality as conspiracy :?: :rolleyes:

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
as long as we allow them to

we are the determinants of our reality, by consensus. They cannot do anything unless we go along with it, they figured this out and give us enough comforts to where we will tolerate all their crap.

as soon as a person decides he can get by without the infrastructure, it is like an evil spell dissipating, the blinders fall away.

They have convinced everyone that we need them, and since many of us do not know the difference between 'I want' and 'I need'

(think that was an accident? they created this too)

it was easy

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
buy buy buy and when you can't buy anymore get a credit card and take out a loan, support your country!

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Exactly that Spice, Glad to see you mate :)

I have a book for you, I have left it in the book exchange thread on the forum but here it is again :)

You will love it :D

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
I thought it relevant so Im gonna share,

I was on RT the other day and posted a comment on a report about the author of "The Alchemist", Paulo Coelho encouraging people to go to the pirate bay and share and download his works. Should people like them he has asked them to buy a hard copy :)
Source - http://rt.com/art-and-culture/news/coel ... wnload-399

I posted a congratulations to the author for his courage but another poster made an absolutely brilliant point, That being:
M Kowalski @ RT a dit:
The only ones afraid of piracy are those that are peddling things that are not worth buying.

How true.... 8)

Zosimos

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
24 Oct 2008
spice a dit:
They have convinced everyone that we need them, and since many of us do not know the difference between 'I want' and 'I need'

(think that was an accident? they created this too)

it was easy

They sure did! For anyone who has not seen Happiness Machines, this explains exactly that!

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
some posts here make my wish for responsability and vitality tingle tingle. I agree a lot with IJesuschrist, play the game HARD, very hard. sleep, eat, think, to thrive economically. How we produce and reproduce language is paramount too, both alone and in social contructing, how we speak about ourselves, to other people, how a hardened jaw and face, when listening to some possibly painful and possibly overly complex truth, hardens the skin and reduces breathing...

On the internet note. The communication density that the internet can afford is mind numbing. Think about it, high speed knowledge socializing in and around the cold atomic concise structure of THE WRITTEN WORD, with immediate hypertext, with the possibility of multi-sensory imput. yeah, we are inches away from universal participatory education, perhaps it shall never happen, but to think how close we are, just a little more moral strength and...

The cloak of ambigity cannot stand a self-examining [self] culture with ever increasing modes of actualization. In this the internet is secondary to real connection, but I believe it is such a powerful ally that I feel its importance cannot be overstated. Voluntary accountability for hardcore leaders, taken to hardcore levels, plus internet velocity mmmmm.

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
I've always wondered how all of this pans out for humanity. I mean, for example, Coca-Cola, Bayer, IBM, Volkswagen all pushed the Nazi agenda forward, and they're still around, spic and span, promoting like always. So clearly these entities profit and grow no matter what government or power is in place, which means that as a species we are slowly working to kill ourselves through overproduction. What doesn't make sense is, are those in charge so fucked up that they don't care, or do they hold some sort of knowledge that makes it all okay (contact with extraterrestrial life, a bio-dome blueprint, escape plan, etc)?

I mean, what's the point of being the most profitable entity in the world, if the world doesn't exist anymore? Or is that really the secret to humans, we evolved to the point of rot, where now we have to inevitably wipe ourselves out due to the inability to live harmoniously anymore.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I have always wondered the same. why do people whose great majority of lifetime is being spent on working on/in a system that is, if looked at, obviously determined to fail continue to work in that system? how can economists assume that endless growth is possible? only a madman would assume such a thing.
I don't think that they have knowledge that makes it all "okay", but certainly they have illusions that make it okay.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
it's to a large extent just a rat race... some people trying to exploit other people... some people
let themselves be exploited and others not...
i think it can even be seen like a test... how, how much and why people are willing to work together
instead of against each other...

capitalism is the religion of the "modern" and "civilized" western world... "almost" like a disease, if you ask me...
it's just a whole other level of expression of the ego drama, that's going on in a lot of places...
or also obviously an expression of the sickness of the planet and the individuals.
it's very interesting... because i have noticed that certain feeling or so in myself, too.
it was like i only cared for myself and i couldn't even see what i was really doing, but when
i could see that it felt really bad...
i learned from that, that i shouldn't be too greedy or so... and in that regard listen more
to the inner feeling...

they just don't really care about people, they just care about themselves. peoples with "tons of money"
prefer to put ugly smiles on their faces and become fat motherfuckers instead of helping others.
or in principle: they rather make war than help others...

well i read that war against nature has officially been banned, but since that was supposedly back in the
vietnam war times, i have my doubts.... since i know that a lot of shit has happened since then.. :roll: :?

to me it shows (in a twisted way) how they don't love themselves, because that could very well be a reason,
why they can't "really" love others...
what they call love is just some kind of fake business or whatnot...

rich people make themselves enemies....... can't you see the connection with the obsession for security???????? :shock: :shock: :shock:
it just seems like a fucked up and twisted game of monopoly.... :cry: :x

what is sickness pretending to be health??? right.. another level of sickness... :shock: :shock: :roll:

violence is NOT a solution!!!!!!!! it's like violence only produces more violence...

but ah well maybe we also shouldn't demonize them too much or so... isntead try to see shit as it is
and not only as it appears to be or so... i guess my point is just that they don't know , what they are
really doing as well... or at least certainly as they claim to....
maybe they just don't know it any better or act as if they didn't...the question would be why should they do that?
maybe to make it worse until people wake up lol... as if they were also part of a program or so.. hmm
the program of the war of money and capitalism?... :shock: :roll: :x :idea:

hmm anyway... enough for now... :x :x :x

peace