Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Question

silv

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Hey people, not so long ago i did my first full dose mushroom trip (~35 grams). I did it together with my room mate and long time friend (we took the same dose, made tea and drank half first and the other half after about 25-30 mins). We did this in our dimly lit (with red light, which proved to be a good idea) living room. It was a load of fun, we did a number of good trippin' activities which we only stopped for like 15-30 mins during the peak and basically all I could think of was "Wow". There is one but however. And that is that we both had a slightly bored feeling, as if we were only treading water where we hoped to go deep see diving. Now I remember this mckenna(i think?) quote, and I'm wondering if it's wise to follow up on that advice. :S
Opinion's please!

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Are you talking about taking a higher dose? If you are, and you feel comfortable, why not? Also are those doses fresh or dried? I'm hoping fresh...lol

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
What quote ????

I think the boredness could be that you have come to a time where it is time to go deeper = take it and lie on your back with your eyes closed , with no music and no playing games and laughing and to let go . To do it ritualy . To dive into it and let it take you and to see where you go and what it has to tell you . I realy liked that , to lie in a fetal position with a blanket all over me and to let go , to surf around my brain and see where the wave took me . Just watching the film , to be the panorama being aware of itself . For me this was the ultimate high . To totaly forget who i was , where i was and the whole of the " Real " world . A total holiday from myself and my view of the world and my personal history . Like being born again . Seeing things from fresh , virgin eyes .

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Stop doing things you find boring.

And what GOD said.

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
GOD a dit:
What quote ????

I think the boredness could be that you have come to a time where it is time to go deeper = take it and lie on your back with your eyes closed , with no music and no playing games and laughing and to let go . To do it ritualy . To dive into it and let it take you and to see where you go and what it has to tell you . I realy liked that , to lie in a fetal position with a blanket all over me and to let go , to surf around my brain and see where the wave took me . Just watching the film , to be the panorama being aware of itself . For me this was the ultimate high . To totaly forget who i was , where i was and the whole of the " Real " world . A total holiday from myself and my view of the world and my personal history . Like being born again . Seeing things from fresh , virgin eyes .
you really can't think whitch quote? I mean maybe it's not mckenna but it's your sig :P I guess next time we'll take 3 doses between the two of us to see how far the shroomz take us :) Except when we go into the forest, we'll stay @ ~30 grams then ;D
And ofcourse fresh ;)

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Higher doses work for me, lower doses I found interesting when I just started to trip and was still in the process of establishing my own response to these substances and finding the limits.

My personal experience is that I gradually increased doses from 30 grams up to a 120 grams fresh mushrooms. At some point I reached a plateau from from where it can become more intense both physically and mentally but it becomes like overdoing it then.

I settle now for doses between 80 and 100 gram which are always a guarantee to 'get me there' and are not too intense that it becomes hard to remember anything at all and (maybe) harder to learn something from it. Doses like this are never boring. The full spectrum of the phenomenon of the psilocybin experience is maybe the most profound, bizarre, ecstatic (and what more) experience available to humans. In my own experience, I can totally submit that this is the case for me personally.

the fetal position can sometimes feel like the best option. However, it can be rewarding as well to shake off that thought and just lie on your back or, if you are able to, assume a lotus meditation position. It's not a sure thing or something, just something I read not so long ago myself and found just amazing when I tried it out on one of my last journeys.

On a personal note, on a full dose I can't stand any light at all. Even a LED display on a DVD player just hurts my eyes so I journey in total darkness.

Love & peace
HC

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Alright this has made me sure that I will next time at home take a higher dose (somewhere around the 50s maybe 60s grams), but going out in the forest or something I'll stick with 30-40.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Yeah I was going to comment more on what I said.

What I don't want to say is: 'if you where bored, take a 100 grams'. It took me roughly 15 years to find what works for me. What you don't want to do, is skip on this and end up at a place where you realize 'half of this would already be twice as intense as I can bear'.

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
HeartCore a dit:
Yeah I was going to comment more on what I said.

What I don't want to say is: 'if you where bored, take a 100 grams'. It took me roughly 15 years to find what works for me. What you don't want to do, is skip on this and end up at a place where you realize 'half of this would already be twice as intense as I can bear'.
yeah, don't wanna become an annoying statistic =]

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
I agree with GOD and HeartCore.

In order to realize an overwhelming and transcendent experience, take a stronger dose, find a serene location and lay down in reverential solace.
Attempt to attain lucid tranquillity; sit or lie with an aligned spinal column, on a comfortable bed or within grass amid nature, dissolve and become one with yourself. Do not react to external stimulus, and love all sensation with equal awe and respect.

Peace.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
i'm still experimenting with doses like 30grams fresh.
the last time i got total confusion, being warped between worlds.
it felt like i was half in one world and half in another.
i didn't know where i was in the room. then i got pulled from my body and put in back again, and all stuff like that. seeing weird maya statue faces...

it was fucking intense...

could a higher dose give a more stable trip? it was the confusion that freaked me out.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Meduzz a dit:
could a higher dose give a more stable trip? it was the confusion that freaked me out.

Stable is perhaps the wrong word. It could give you a trip that skyrockets you so fast into hyperspace that you forget who you are and don't even care. And then back to where you were, feeling ever grateful for your life.

Take so many shrooms that you are certain egoic little games don't play any role any more. Some people need more to accomplish this than others but you usually need less every consecutive time.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
yes i was planning that. that last trip felt like unsuccesfull ego-death. but i was tripping in daylight with friends, normally i trip in darkness with some soft music on low volume. and those did gave me cosmic experiences.

i'm planning on growing them myself so i can take bigger doses easily.
ordered the starters kit from ******* with golden teacher spores via some friends who were ordering, but it had lots of delay... they sent it thursday but i can only pick it up at weekends at those friends. and it wasn't there yet last weekend :?

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
nd that is that we both had a slightly bored feeling, as if we were only treading water where we hoped to go deep see diving.

I'm surprised you get this on your first trip, but you're totally right - low doses can get you into a totally bored feeling. If I took 35g fresh now it would be only that. More side-effects than tripping. Doses above 6g cubensis (dry) never get boring, I can assure you - but approach slowly, please!

It was a load of fun, we did a number of good trippin' activities which we only stopped for like 15-30 mins during the peak and basically all I could think of was "Wow".
From my experience, this is the way up to the real trip (which won't be hilarious anymore when you get used to higher doses, it will just be the beginning of the trip, without the "wow"). The bored feeling, on higher doses, is only a very short lasting next step to the real trip. Once you go there, you'll know that you have never really tripped before...

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
tryptonaut a dit:
nd that is that we both had a slightly bored feeling, as if we were only treading water where we hoped to go deep see diving.

I'm surprised you get this on your first trip, but you're totally right - low doses can get you into a totally bored feeling. If I took 35g fresh now it would be only that. More side-effects than tripping. Doses above 6g cubensis (dry) never get boring, I can assure you - but approach slowly, please!

[quote:3il2kq0l]It was a load of fun, we did a number of good trippin' activities which we only stopped for like 15-30 mins during the peak and basically all I could think of was "Wow".
From my experience, this is the way up to the real trip (which won't be hilarious anymore when you get used to higher doses, it will just be the beginning of the trip, without the "wow"). The bored feeling, on higher doses, is only a very short lasting next step to the real trip. Once you go there, you'll know that you have never really tripped before...[/quote:3il2kq0l]
You're getting me excited! :)