Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Psychonautica #40 - Thomas Roberts on psychedelic medicine

maxfreakout

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
In this week's installment of psychonautica, Max Freakout plays the 2nd half of the talk 'psychedelic medicine' from the world psychedelic forum, including a talk by Thomas Roberts about modern practicalities and procedures involved in creating officially approved psychedelic medicines, and a question and answer session to finish it off. Thomas Roberts talks about a corporate model of psychedelic research, including a plan for the next 10 years, the lack of public awareness about psychedelics, public apathy towards the issue, the process of getting drugs made available to the public, how to obtain funding, modern culture's addiction to money, the procedures involved in drug trials and FDA involvement in the process, getting media coverage for drug trials in particular the importance of the financial media, the approximate number of psychedelic drug users in the US and worldwide animal studies with psychedelics, the failure of the CIA's attempts to use LSD for their evil purposes and the efficacy of ibogaine comparaed to methadone for treating heroin addiction.
Also in tis week's psychonautica, Max plays a recording of a trip session with himself and the Oracle in Amsterdam, trying out a smoking combination of Banisteriposis Caapi vine, and extracted freebase DMT, bith Max and the Oracle take turns at smoking the mixture and then report the effects and have a general conversation about psychedelics.

DOWNLOAD EPISODE 40 HERE:
http://media.libsyn.com/media/dopecast/ ... ica040.mp3

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Thanks Max! Remember I told you about the translation of the Pharmacratic Inquisition we were working on? It's finished. We're now in the final editing stages, possibly uploading the video this weekend! :)

Here's a short clip of Tom Roberts:

zezt

Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
I really am not on baord witth what that interview's about at all. In fact its what I FEAR. Where psychedelics are ttried to made to be corporatized---ie., the 'means justifies the ends'

I hate it. And when language is abused like when he slips in about 'animal studies'--ie., animal ABUSE. Where animals are made to take drugs.

That SUCKS. And it is not my idea of radically changing things via insight with psychedelics/entheogens/sacraments/Medicine.

I would SOONER then they stayed underground and not profaned.

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
CaduceusMercurius a dit:
Thanks Max! Remember I told you about the translation of the Pharmacratic Inquisition we were working on? It's finished. We're now in the final editing stages, possibly uploading the video this weekend! :)

that ?s awesome man, ?m tak?ng a break from psychonaut?ca now but ? w?ll ment?on that on the next one when ?m back, anyway check out your ?nterv?ew ?n the new ep?sode