Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Psychonautica #36 - Amanda Feilding talk

maxfreakout

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
This week's episode of psychonautica contains a talk from the recent World Psychedelic forum, by Amanda Feilding of the Beckley foundation, entitled 'expanded consciousness and its importance to survival'. Amanda talks about the specturm of states of consciousness, the benefits of expanding and altering consciousness, the neurophysiology of altered states, prehistoric mn, altered consciousness and cultural evolution, the psychedelic transformation of the 1960s, the Eleuinian mysteries, Benny Shannon's writings on the use of Acacia and Harmal (ayahuasca analogue) in ancient Egypt, the potential benefits of psychedelics for modern society, the ability of psychedelics to increase blood flow to the brain, the importance of increased cerebral circulation, the scientific understanding of consciousness, Beckley foundation's research projects, obstacles to scientific research into psychedelics, LSD assisted psychotherapy, using psilocybin to help with addiction problems and represssed memories, development of new antidepressant medications based on ketamine research, the antipsychotic component of cannabis, using an EEG on people meditating, trebination to increase blood supply to the brain, potential for use to delay the onset of dementia in old age, bringing the light of reason to drug policy, the evidence based approach to drug policy, the lack of attention being paid to the potential benefits of illegal drugs such as LSD and ecstasy, the road to a 'new Eleusis'.

Playlist: Ozric Tentacles - White Rhino tea

Beckley Foundation website:
http://www.beckleyfoundation.org/

DOWNLOAD EPISODE #36 HERE:
http://media.libsyn.com/media/dopecast/ ... ica036.mp3

Pariah

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Mar 2008
:shock:
trebination?..... psychedelics and blood flow? a little sceptical about that one... but I'll look into it. seems a bit ...medieaval to me though.

would be quite funny if the theory is proven though; headline reads:

Study into Trebination, sheds light on the human brain.
:lol:

*sigh*
...well I thought it was funny.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Trepanation .

I thought it was funny to ..... Ho! , Ho! , Ho!

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004

Ah yes! I remember being a kid and seeing some 'weirdo's' on tv with a hole in the foreheads, claiming they where high constantly. Actually it was the first time I ever heard about the concept of 'being high', good for me I never thought about actually picking up my dads electric drill and go on with it :D

/ontopic: listening, thanks for sharing

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
Pariah a dit:
trebination?..... psychedelics and blood flow? a little sceptical about that one... but I'll look into it. seems a bit ...medieaval to me though.

that struck me too she was showing photos of ancient skulls with huge holes cut in the top, as if to say that this is some wonderful pioneering medical treatement which we need to revive

but, herself, and a few members of the audience, had experienced it and they only had positive things to say about it