Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Psychoactive amanitas

mutant

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Fev 2008
How come aren't there any mentions of Amanita? [the search engine finds only 3, not so relevant/ practical/ bioessay stuff].

Noone round the balkan peninsula have any experiences or it's just that most people around happen to prefer the so called classic psychedelics?

I would love to exchange experiences and data from people who have ingested european amanitas, especially in the balkans.

random

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Déc 2007
I never took them.
But from what I read, it seems that Amanitas are overrated.
And the reason there's not too much mentions about them, it's probably because the experiences with them, most of the times, end up with no insights at all, nausea and a not much pleasant experience.

Have you had pleasant and magical experiences with them? Please report.

G

Invité
i advise everyone interested in amanitas to watch a documentary:

"Sacred Weeds - Episode 1 - Amanita Muscaria", it has three small parts and it is indeed interesting.

it is on a torrent called Psychedelic_Visionary_Plants_Sacred_Weeds_Salvia_200603

DeepTurtle

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Fev 2008
mutant a dit:
How come aren't there any mentions of Amanita?

This free "treatise" by Donald Teeter changed the way I think about amanita muscaria: Bread of Life

I've picked amanita muscaria, and eaten them, with mixed results. People getting sick from them is because they must be dried first, thoroughly dried, to convert the ibotenic acid to the psychoactive muscimol.

mutant

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Fev 2008
Sacred Weeds on Amanita is not too good, but it doesn't harm to see.

Note that Amanitas potency varies a lot from continent to continent, ecosystem to ecosystem and as well from a specimen to another.

Yes I have had pleasant experiences with them, in fact ALL were at least interesting [the milder ones] and in mid doses the effects are quite energetic and euphoric, folowed by slight but pleasant sedation, actually I have only used them in low, low/mid and mid doses mainly as a euphoric. Never were there any nausea or any other mentionable sideffects in any of the experiementers apart a single case of slight nausea in all these experiments this 2 years.

Bigger doses will result in a full blown trip which is unpleasant for most. I believe that slow in the way to go if you want to explore Amanita potential. I still haven't gone for that full blown trip after 2+ years of picking and experimenting with amanitas, but I begin to sense the dissociative character of the main experience. Maybe salvia has something to do with this?

People of the 'community' often or almost always overestimate the so called classical psychedelics, and tend to believe every psychoactive functions in the same way. Muscimol, the active ingredient in Amanitas has a totally different pharmacological character than say, lsd or psilocybin which are similar.

Amanitas are not for the young and eager, the hasty. Some say they're not really psychedelic. So fuck it! What is psychedelic? OK, it's something else. You know which are the classic psychedelics. Amanitas are 'difficult' material, but very interesting one.

You should aways follow you 'heart' and listen to your body. We are not the same, and so are also our tools and catalysts and magic.

edit:
People getting sick from them is because they must be dried first, thoroughly dried, to convert the ibotenic acid to the psychoactive muscimol.
there is also wide evidence that US specimens contain more muscarine, resulting in extreme sweating, salivation or twiching, all often reported in bad amanita experiences of american teenagers who are out for the next legal high...

The japanese, european and siberian specimen are said to be the 'best'

Dantediv86

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
*and here i go again*

ok
about amanita
what i really enjoy about this fungus is it's craving for respect, i.e. never EVER take it for recreational purposes. i use it during the season and it's been over 5 years now that i have experienced with them. what i found out is this that:
1 you never know what you get, their powr changes from year to year even with fixd amount and fixed time of harvest
2 when you want to try them you have to "cook" them at a temperature of 50°C until completely dry or actually cook them and make a "risotto" (they taste awesome with rice :D) and then ingest them.
3 pray to them before injesting them or they'll seriously cick your sorry BButt!
4 make sure you have drunk water before and that you are feeling hungry when you are ingesting them otherwhise the risk is of losing everything you ate or drunk before (this is really up to you i personally fast for 6 hours before injesting)
5 if you are strong enough drink your own pee to renew and strenghten the effects (personally i can't, therefore i eat a lot of them)
6 enjoy the ride and make sure someone is watching over you because as it's true that they are called Fly agaric you are gonna want to fly
7i forgot to tell you that before, start with at least 5 grams of dried amanita and work your way up.

about the trip:
what i love about it is that it feels like you are in the sea and my mind feels relaxed yet my body feels invincible and i can see like i was back to being 4
colours become really strong and wou remain amazed by flashy tones seriously i spent a whole hour looking at my sisters lavalamp
the trip is so long and enjoyable most times and if they are a weak batch, what happens is that i feel drunk the whole day 10 hours of drunkness this year!!

EDIT:
Oh! i see you have been faster than me :p

mutant

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Fev 2008
A common respect could well replace the prayer. ;)

There is a way to determine a stable potency. Actually its quite easy. Pick A LOT. Dry them all in the sun for best results. Powederise the dried material. Now you have a LOT of the SAME batch: the powder is of the same potency. Go slowly, and remember, next time you will pick, you must again be careful, especially if they're picked elsewhere or in another season...

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Most people dont agree with you and only do it once . Thats the reason why they are unpopular , its a sort of democracy thats been going on for thousands of years . Thats why LSD , Peyote , Psilocybin and Ayahuasca are popular , people like the efect . And drinking piss is bollocks . Find me please a report where anyone says that they have only drunk piss and had a trip .

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Just wanted to post a link to jamesarthur.net - there used to be some pretty extensive information about amanitas, but now the site has been replaced with a new version that is only one page of text and three links that take you back to the same page.

My own experience with low to mid doses of dried amanita has been the same as many people say: there wasn't much effect at all, and I wasn't sure even if I liked it or not. Seems complicated to reach a good effect with these mushrooms.

mutant

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Fev 2008
GOD a dit:
Most people dont agree with you and only do it once . Thats the reason why they are unpopular , its a sort of democracy thats been going on for thousands of years . Thats why LSD , Peyote , Psilocybin and Ayahuasca are popular , people like the efect . And drinking piss is bollocks . Find me please a report where anyone says that they have only drunk piss and had a trip .

The piss thing is not bollocks at all there are many reports on the net the confirm it [you just did't search it enough] and the mechanism of this is also well know! Muscimol is almost not metabolised , but just passes though the body. I haven't done it, but its IS true!

The rest of your arguement, about the democracy of the classic psychedelics is so childish I don't even care to answer in that level. So your beloved classics are the best?? Hoooray! Bravo!!

I know they are liked more by most. What the fuck does it mean? I don't explore psychdelics to be happy, or to like the stuff. You know, people are different...

My own experience with low to mid doses of dried amanita has been the same as many people say: there wasn't much effect at all, and I wasn't sure even if I liked it or not. Seems complicated to reach a good effect with these mushrooms.
Tryptonaut, how many times did you experiment, which country were the Amanitas picked, what were the settings of the experiments?

yes, it's somewhat complicated to use amanitas properly. one should not hurry , that's a nice tip !

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
well all i sayd about the amanitas comes from my own experience with it and the experience of others i know by person who told me about it and by actually seing raindeers getting high and tripping balls by drinking the pee of another raindeer who ate the mushrooms. besides it's been documented that in siberia in villages some important people would ingest amanita and the servants would wait for them to piss to then collect their urine and drinkit and get high.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Show me any report about people just drinking piss and getting a trip . All the reports i have ever seen were either second hand , like yours , or were people subjectivly claiming that drinking piss lengthened their trip . How can anyone say how long their trip would have been if it wasnt as long as it was ??? The body does piss out a lot of the active chemicals , but in what concentration and over what time ? To get a trip from piss one would have to collect it from at least several times of going pissing over many hours and then cook it down because of the bulk . Instead of being snoty use your brains , get some personal experience , and answer my questions .

The net contains very much background noise , lots of it is full of people talking about things that they have heard but have never done , and there are very many people who dont use their brains , make claims and dont offer any proof .

"it's been documented that in siberia in villages some important people would ingest amanita and the servants would wait for them to piss to then collect their urine and drink it and get high."

These are from 3 or 4 second hand reports from the 17th and 18th century made by prisoners of war held captive in Siberia . Do you know what the price of salt was in those days and what other sources of salt poor people , or raindeer in Siberia had

???

mutant

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Fev 2008
Look man,
I don't care to proove to you anything. I don't like your style anyway...

The urine drinking is WELL documented by ethnobotany, WELL explained chemically and moreover there are first hand experiences round the net, I have talked to them and gave me all the details.

You can ask your friends McKenna's elves if you don't believe me :p

PS: There's even a ritual experience from a couple in Erowid, oh, there it is, easy: just google urine + amanita + experience + erowid ..... ooof!

https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=28413

Convinced now??

If not , here's some more.... just the google search I suggested above

GOOGLE IT MAN

DeepTurtle

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Fev 2008
I ate some amanitas a week ago. They are definitely psychoactive. I ate three "grade A" caps. I wouldn't have believed it, but they are more than just hype, now I know for sure. Not a classic psychedelic, not at all like psilocybe. Very different, more like hashish or alcohol.

I'll add one more thing, that since my amanita trip, I can't get my mind off of them. All I want to discuss is amanita. If you want to talk amanita, mutant, fine by me.
mutant a dit:
How come aren't there any mentions of Amanita? [the search engine finds only 3, not so relevant/ practical/ bioessay stuff].

Noone round the balkan peninsula have any experiences or it's just that most people around happen to prefer the so called classic psychedelics?

I would love to exchange experiences and data from people who have ingested european amanitas, especially in the balkans.

mutant

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Fev 2008
LOL, so tell us how was your experience. How long did it last? You had a full-on experience, and if yes, what was the 3rd phase? Where were the amanita caps you bought supposed to be from?

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
probably Latvia
usually the european ones come from there

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
ot a classic psychedelic, not at all like psilocybe. Very different, more like hashish or alcohol.

That is a very vague definition - well, it's not a definition at all, because alcohold and hashish are way different from each other. I guess you're talking about an effect like from lower doses of beer or hashish - i.e. not psychedelic, more kind of relaxing. The real psychedelic effect of amanita is supposed to take you in a realm out of time and space, something like smoked dmt or even higher - at least that's what James Arthur says (I can't prove it, I only had the kind of alcohol like effect from them, they had been dried and ordered from ******* btw)

FrigginJoe

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Mar 2008
Not that you can guage the effectiveness of the mushroom, but I ate about 12 grams of lower quality amanitas for my first real "experience."
Previously I'd eeatn smaller amounts with food and felt very good, slept very well.

After eating 12 grams on an empty stomach, I had very mild nausea about 20 minutes in, so I laid down and waited. First effect was the damned things put me to sleep.
I woke up a coupe hours later, feeling like I didn't dose high enough(I will dose higher next time), because nothing seemed to be happening. I heard some machines, and I got to my feet. When I got to my feet I realized the mushrooms hit me. My thoughts and movements were off-sync, movements were delayed from my intent to perform them, so I found myself moving in jerky motions.
I felt pretty good though. I felt as if I was floating while walking, yet at the same time a part of me was falling in every direction at once. The machine sounds, they were impossible, they sounded like tiny mechanical machines in the air.
For the first minute or so while walking around, I heard tiny voices saying "he's green! he's green!" repeatedly. WTF made me hear that, I don't know. (makes me wonder if the gnomes are real and from texas, and calling me a newb).
It lasted a couple more hours. It was weird. A small dose, but an effective enough one, nonetheless.
I wasn't nauseous at all, I felt very relaxed. I was salivating a lot.
My mind and body felt very detached from one another.
I could see dosing higher with better caps being interesting.
At least I know there IS something to these mushrooms. I been reading reports both for and against them.
They're not 'shrooms. That's fine, we got those already.

mutant

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Fev 2008
Hey frig-joe, interesting experience, somewhat breakthrough and dissociative like a full dose, but rather milder than some really intense experiences found on the net !

Strange you didn't get any euphoria at the first phase and got straight to sleep... Were you physically tired at the time? How low long did the experience last?

I don't think the dose was 'small'. I think what you felt was a limbo just before the full blown experience, and somehow you did't get the first phase of euphoria/stimulation.

In low/mid, mid doses I have found bodily tireness to be the reason why some are quickly sedated and/or loose the 1st phase.

How did you feel the next day of the experience?

DeepTurtle

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Fev 2008
mutant a dit:
LOL, so tell us how was your experience. How long did it last? You had a full-on experience, and if yes, what was the 3rd phase? Where were the amanita caps you bought supposed to be from?
Ok, since my amanita experience a few weeks ago, I wrote a trip report, and I also purchased some more.

It's nice to hear people talk about amanita. It's funny to read people who know all about them, but have never tried them for themselves.

tryptonaut a dit:
not a classic psychedelic, not at all like psilocybe. Very different, more like hashish or alcohol.
That is a very vague definition - well, it's not a definition at all, because alcohold and hashish are way different from each other.
I'm talking about the feeling, like you're at the bottom of a deep swimming pool. You know how psilocybe and acid and mescaline really wake you up, but amanita made me feel whooshy or woozy, like that "distant" perception when you're stoned. Kind of like when I used to eat hash, it was like being a deep sea diver. Or, like when you're drunk, and you turn your head real fast, but the world doesn't turn at the same speed.

Here is my experience:

[quote:1qvz663d]Weekend with Washington State Amanita

February 23, 2008

After years and years of seeking the truth about amanita psychoactivity, I can now report in no bullshit terms its reality. The first time I ate an amanita muscaria was in 1997. But this weekend, I actually gained a real understanding of its psychoactive effect.

I should point out that I deliberately chose the amounts to eat, and the methods of ingestion, loosely based on the Donald E. Teeter paper, "Amanita Muscaria: Herb of Immortality".

I should point out one more thing, and that is I'm not prone to placebo or imaginary highs. My trip reports tend toward a very conservative self-assay, as can be attested by my report of a legal herbal smoke, found elsewhere on this forum.

On Saturday I made a pot of amanita muscaria tea, using a single cap and some small sections. Total weight of completely dry material: 4 grams. I drank it all that night, but felt no effect. It tasted good though, as culinary mushrooms do.

On Sunday, I woke up feeling good. At about 11:00 AM on Sunday, I pulverizd two caps (one orange, one bright red, both the size of half a ping pong ball, and dome shaped-perfectly formed specimens. Total weight: about 6 grams) using a coffee grinder. I poured the powder into a small Chinese teacup. I filled the teacup with cold drinking water. Throughout the day I stirred the mush.

At about 6:00PM, I began drinking the mixture. It tasted good, in the culinary sense. By about 6:30PM I had finished drinking it. At about 7:00PM, Thistle and Shamrock came on the radio. I noticed I wasn't feeling anything from the "ambrosia". I had one cap left, another perfectly formed, dark red Washington cap, weighing about 3 grams. I began to nibble on it. By about 7:30, I had completely consumed the third cap, and I had about 9 grams of high quality amanita muscaria caps in my belly.

Shortly after eating the third cap, there was a bitter taste underneath the usual mushroomy flavor. By about quarter of eight, I started to feel slightly queasy. I was reading Mircea Eliade's "Shamanism: Archaic Techniques of Ecstasy", page 400:

[quote:1qvz663d]“In a number of Ugrian languages the Iranian word for hemp, bhangha, has come to designate both the pre-eminently shamanic mushroom, Agaricus muscarius, (which is used as a means of intoxication before or during the séance) and intoxication; compare for example, the Vogul pânkh, “mushroom