Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Psychedelics, Meditation, Enlightenment, and the Brain.

Kai

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
4 Juin 2009
Just a little something I wrote pretty fuckin' high the other night, hope you like it. Some REALLY deep thought went on here.

I do believe in right amount of dosage, is great for expanding our consciousness and understanding of things. I find my self suddenly having the "creative spark" in my writing, digging back through all those old files of documentaries that were too long and boring to watch, and not just watching them and trying to understand them at a deeper level but writing, in depth about what they were trying to convey in the speech or documentary. A great way I like to put certain psychedelics (weed is considered psychedelic by the way) is this; say if the state of enlightenment and truth is just a vibration? Then psychedelics are like tools used to tone you closer to that frequency. Another thing that's caught my interest is how meditation is psychedelic, not in the sense that it makes you hallucinate, but that it expands the mind in ways that psychedelics do. Enhancing the third eye which is linked to mental visualization, ego dissolution, and the "closer to truth" vibe it gives of. I read something mind blowing in "The Holographic Universe" by Micheal Talbot. Ram Dass gave Buddhist monks STRONG hits of acid, and it did virtually nothing to their mind what so ever. Showing that they truly have transcended their minds. Scientific studies have shown that strong meditation does change neurochemistry, and the brain really is just kind of a... radio tuning in to different channels through receptors and and chemical compounds, there's probably some holes in this theory but it's a creative way to look at it; maybe our brains are just some complex puzzle piece, and some how some way through our experience we build it up just right until we ascend the puzzle all together???

figment

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Jan 2008
You may not like the destructive nature of my response, but don't these kind of metaphysical constructs arrise all the time when on psychedelics? Even when I party on acid I see 'wholes' where there are only 'parts'. It's fun and interesting, but you shouldn't forget about its speculative nature.

A 'vibration'? What is a vibration? A vibration of what?

mysticwarrior

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
17 Août 2007
I am always amazed how some of us, come to exact the same conclusions. Especially the part where you explain how there are frequency's of consciousness, is something i think lots about. For me It does explain a lot ;)

Even when I party on acid I see 'wholes' where there are only 'parts'. It's fun and interesting, but you shouldn't forget about its speculative nature.

Why? Because you can't touch, feel or see it as truth? Maybe in your truth, it is speculative, but for thousands of people including me, it isn't. Don't forget that there is no other truth then your personal truth which is based on what you have experienced and know.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
mysticwarrior a dit:
I am always amazed how some of us, come to exact the same conclusions.

yeah, i feel the same. there are threads that i don't post because everything i think about the subject has already been explained by others. and this tuning thing is basically what we're all trying to do here, in some way or another.

Ganesha

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Mar 2009
mysticwarrior a dit:
Even when I party on acid I see 'wholes' where there are only 'parts'. It's fun and interesting, but you shouldn't forget about its speculative nature.

Why? Because you can't touch, feel or see it as truth? Maybe in your truth, it is speculative, but for thousands of people including me, it isn't. Don't forget that there is no other truth then your personal truth which is based on what you have experienced and know.

I find that hard to believe. You distinguish between yourself and figment in this very post, so who's talking?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I like the associations, but it is a bit too condensed for me too read.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i agree that in such a mindstate often creative thoughts arise and even if the thoughts might not be actually bringing something positive, at least the intention behind it might be positive and i think this is something very valuable and respectable. i don't say the thoughts stated are aren't but i have yet more to think about it.

apart of that if you do not know really better you should probably shut up or explain what you do know better, so others who you think might be deluded and all others can learn from it.

the analogy of the brain and a puzzle to solve i like. i wanted to say more but i forgot it... maybe i will post it later.

peace

figment

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Jan 2008
mysticwarrior a dit:
I am always amazed how some of us, come to exact the same conclusions. Especially the part where you explain how there are frequency's of consciousness, is something i think lots about. For me It does explain a lot ;)

I disagree. I don't want to debunk the psychedelic experience. I've seen this 'vibration' myself before and I too noticed that my practice of meditation brought me more 'in tune' with this cosmic vibration. However, for now, I don't see any reason to believe it is anything else than a metaphorical experience. Surely it's awesome that you can learn some things by actually experiencing these crazy metaphors. But what you are doing is considering the truth of the metaphor itself.

For example: last time I took a decent dose of acid I transformed in some kind of primitive mystical animal and sexual life energy was running through my vains. I even knew no human language anymore. This experience was the greatest gift, because since then I have the greatest drive to work hard for society, for the survival of myself, my future children and the species. I finally saw society in a new light. What we as humans are doing is simply organizing ourselves to increase the succes of our species (and so our own children), and that's what it's all about. Surely you would think I am completely crazy if I thought I might be transforming in some primitive animal in real life soon.

The only thing that separates physics from speculation is the fact that in physics theories predict new things or events that are later experimentally confirmed and therefor it seems that it has at least something to do with reality. The self-consistency of a system doesn't imply it has anything to do with 'reality'. Many people can come up with a random self-consistent system, it's called religion.

VapourTrail

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Sept 2007
mysticwarrior a dit:

I am too sceptical I feel.

I like to ask questions, who here does not?

The thing that strikes me about the whole vibration topic of conversation is there are many quotes from fairly famous people and to an extend the quotes are so widely distributed that they have fame in their own right.

Bill Hicks a dit:
Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration — that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death; life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves... Here's Tom with the weather!

Anyone here NOT heard that one?

It's hard to remain unbiased when so many people have already said it.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
The human mind is more amazing then we ever give credit to. Once in a while I can see it's shadow, and I can't imagine it's magnitude.

Sorry for this, but what you're feeling is motivation, I don't think you're fine tuning yourself to a cosmic wavelength - where is that wavelength? Where is that energy? In the middle of your forehead?

The reason we all come to relatively close conclusions is because we're all human. We are so similar in everything it's quite funny. There is individuality, but the differences among person to person are so small, they just come off as large difference because we are so complex... In reality we are all nearly the same, especially considering neuro-chemistry.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
how can we not tune our brains into cosmic frequencies with WHATEVER frequencies?? what choices do we have to make???
what depends on that choices and why would we CHOOSE to be dependant of the "reasons" or "solutions" of any of such choices ?? what would add to our feeling of self-actualization not adding something we even might not want or would not want to have chosen??

and well yeah... i think it might be true that "everything is illuminated" therefore it does make sense in a way now to tune into the "enlightment vibration" with the tools mother earth provides for us. but the question remains whether we just are a processor of information for the "cosmic" and "earthly" frequencies that we apparently DO process or whether some sort of mental energy could be created "just like that" whereever in your head but maybe it would be in the middle of your forehead???
or could you create thoughts without mental energy???

i don't know.... we are children of the earth and the sun ... who are children of some sort of galaxy ... who are children of some sort of hyperdimensional vibration which would stand for ever still... in this hyperdimensional vibration, cause and effect aren't separetely identifiable at first glance ... that's maybe why we try to make sense out of the relation ourselves could possibly have with the universe in the first place??? FOOD for thought ;) but does that mean no food = no thought ?? no but it does mean that a energy consuming device won't work whatever its work might be if it had no energy to feed on.

peace :weedman: