Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

psychedelics drawback

WaseFraKa

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Sept 2005
well do you guys think that the benefits of psychedelics go without loss?
what I mean is that everything in life has it's i-quality, it's balance between the yin and the yang, the limit, so I guess what i'm trying to ask is just an easy question and i already have the answer, but having other opinions is always enlightning
before I took strong psychedelics , by strong I mean that I consider weed as a weak psychedelic but still it is one, i heard people say that they take away your youth, as to say that you beget the elder's way of thinking, and that after it you are full of knowledge, but you earned it the easy way....
well if anybody understands what I mean please share your opinions on the subject, I'll complement htis later on myself....

forest

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
losing youth doesn't mean getting wise. not at all.

jesus said: be like this child and you will enter the kindom of heaven.

the true way is staying jong and becoming old at the same time. children have a lot of wisdom.

G

Invité
I feel like a child when tripping, but still after every trip I feel a bit wiser.
I experience nature and life more, the simple things you know?
Like blowing soapbubbles :mrgreen:
So I deffinately can still be a kid, but also have a mature and responsible way of life.

And who said this was the easy way?
I think a lot of people encounter things of themselves they don't like while tripping and that can be pretty tough.

But I understand your point, I don't think however that the extra knowledge contributes to you growing up quicker.
It's like what Forest said:

the true way is staying young and becoming old at the same time

Shneck

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Nov 2005
I've started using the "strong" ones very late, in my mid-30s, and 6 years after I can only say they gave me my youth back.
So far I can't see anything that I could regret after taking the "blue pill".
The only thing that makes me really sad is that I've lost so many years before I met these allies.

Peace.

TheeLord!

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
Just empirically spoken without generalisation: No.
The "strong ones" influenced my life in many positive ways,
no drawbacks experienced so far.
("started" 2 year ago)

The question is so general (there are sooooo many different psychedelics, so many different people with so many different attitudes/reactions to them, what is strong ? etc) s.t a definitive answer aint possible, imho.

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
u think that u grow older in your head but u don't..
u still dont have the life's experience

G

Invité
ProStoner a dit:

We'll that depends from person to person I think.
I think I have had a great deal of life's experience although I'm not that old.
But I don't think is the age, it's the growing as a person that matters.

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
ProStoner a dit:

We'll that depends from person to person I think.
I think I have had a great deal of life's experience although I'm not that old.
But I don't think is the age, it's the growing as a person that matters.

well yes that's true
I myself also think I that I have a big life experience and psychedelics surely had their role in that
but im almost 20 years old now and that is still like 80 years from 100 :p
there can happen soooo much eventhough I think I have this much experience
its still nothing compared to what will come
so the way I think now will also change very much
and for that reason I rather see myself to be stupid then fool myself thinking im allready "wise"

G

Invité
Yeah I also don't think I'm wise or anything.
What I do think is that the mentallity, way of life and way of thinking that I'm growing into (because of spirituallity and psychedelics and because of the experience of losing friends to the final DMT-experience(no not the smoking, I meant dying)) can help me throughout my life, nomatter what things will come on my path.

So I might not have that much experience or wisdom.
But I allready can say I am becomming a good person, caring for others, being openminded and allways trying to make the right choice.

And my experience so far is more then some people have there whole lives.
That's why they didn't live (just worked 5 days a week, paid their bills, put out their garbage, went to relatives birthdays etc etc, but didn't really do what felt right for them)

tWizTA

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Mai 2006
What I do think is that the mentallity, way of life and way of thinking that I'm growing into (because of spirituallity and psychedelics and because of the experience of losing friends to the final DMT-experience(no not the smoking, I meant dying)) can help me throughout my life, nomatter what things will come on my path.

But I allready can say I am becomming a good person, caring for others, being openminded and allways trying to make the right choice.

That's why they didn't live (just worked 5 days a week, paid their bills, put out their garbage, went to relatives birthdays etc etc, but didn't really do what felt right for them)

WORD !! :)

Tetris

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
5 Juin 2006

and maybe that felt right for them..
I mean, that`s the way this society is build up..

school, work, work, and then death.

I`m not saying it`s the best way to live, but some people just don`t know better.. too bad off course, but I think people can be happy doing that.

Siq

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Fev 2006
True, and at times, they will probably as happy as they can be.

Nevertheless, their experiences cannot be compared to anybody else's .. because they have all experienced all they have experienced. It sound silly, but it's just that allmost everybody subjectively experiences the same amount. You can't imagine what it's like to have experienced more, less or different, it's like imagining how it is to think differently, 'cause your experience creates you and your thoughts ..

.. but I'm derailing from topic :)

I find my use of psychedelics has contributed positively to the way I see this world. Marihuana hass led me to start thinking, and I have not stopped doing so eversince (except when drunk, that's twice a year or so). Shrooms have started to make me doubt about what the hell this Western society is about, this commerce and money focussed free-for-all for all the so-called succesfull idiots. Salvia opened a whole other world, quite litteraly .. I have not yet found the meaning of that yet. It did has brought me calmth I have not ever experienced so intense, also did it brought me to meditate and go easy on marihuana.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I find my use of psychedelics has contributed positively to the way I see this world. Marihuana hass led me to start thinking, and I have not stopped doing so eversince (except when drunk, that's twice a year or so). Shrooms have started to make me doubt about what the hell this Western society is about, this commerce and money focussed free-for-all for all the so-called succesfull idiots. Salvia opened a whole other world, quite litteraly .. I have not yet found the meaning of that yet.

That was like reading my own thoughts, please be so kind to inform me once you find a meaning for that ;)