Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Project Sunspot

Amroth

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Juin 2008
Has this already been posted?

Psychedelic Research & Education

Many leaps and bounds have been made in all fields of psychedelic research and education in the last century, and continue to be made at an accelerated rate. Yet one approach has still not been taken as it has not been able to have been taken effectively before now— addressing the public at large. This group exists as an attempt to do just that, in the simplest and most all inclusive way possible. It exists as a tool to quantify and document the world number of those who in one way or another:

Support the furthering of psychedelic research/education.

People from all walks of life, professionals from all fields; the numbers of support can be found growing out of nearly all facets of society if one chooses to look. And while each one is as valuable as the next, and while they all support the same fundamental goal, they all contribute to it in vastly different ways. This process is excellent and will undoubtedly unfold great results in time, but if we could find a way to declare and build on a singular link between all common interest, we could all contribute to each other and the whole in ways that could easily be greater than what any of us could have previously expected.

I for one, would love to be surprised. So here it is; let’s see what we can do!

First goal: 10,000

All debate i|s welcome.

~Thank you~

If you support the furthering of psychedelic research and/or education, please sign our petition.
http://www.project-sunspot.com/index.asp

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Why waste time and energy , AGAIN , signing petitions that just show how few we are , how little we have to say . Its the same with demos EXTREMELY SILLY AND COUNTER PRODUCTIVE .

What about farting for world peace ?

Amroth

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Juin 2008
It exists as a tool to quantify and document the world number of those who in one way or another: Support the furthering of psychedelic research/education.

Don't you support it? It's not that it takes that much of your time...
And even if it's not going to change anything, i certainly am curious how many people, in some way or another, are supporting psychedelic research.
What to loose...

What do you mean with?
COUNTER PRODUCTIVE

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"Don't you support it?"

No . I dont want to sabotage our chances by doing the same thing that didnt work all the times we did it before over and over again . The petition has to be checked by big brother to check if the people who sign it realy exist and if they realy live at the adresses that they have betrayed themselves with . The love and effort that you and your friends are putting in could be used more intelligently in other directions .

"What to loose."

EVERYTHING . Its called playing the game to beat the game and doesnt work .

This is not meant to hurt you , i respect you for your love and effort , but what i say is true .

Love GOD

Amroth

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Juin 2008
i understand what you're saying.
but i don't think this is really a game:

"This group exists as an attempt to do just that, in the simplest and most all inclusive way possible. It exists as a tool to quantify and document the world number of those who in one way or another:

Support the furthering of psychedelic research/education."

or maybe i'm a bit naive of not seeing there's something bigger going on then what it seems...

The petition has to be checked by big brother to check if the people who sign it realy exist and if they realy live at the adresses that they have betrayed themselves with

you have to give up an e-mailadress and your vote doenst count untill you've submitted the confirmation email...So the only thing they have to do is check if there are two the same emailadresses in the list.

but i know what you mean with playing a game to beat a game

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
This is not meant to hurt you , as i said i respect you for your love and your efforts .

A group of people walk down the beach carrying a boat with a hole in it offering to rescue all the psychonauts in world . When i point out that boats with holes in them sink taking the passengers down with the crew they start talking about what colour the boat should be .

People have to step over their own shadows sometimes . If one wants to win one often has to beat oneself first . Sometimes its better to do nothing and wait for a good strategy .

Internet petitions have no legal basis and would not be taken seriously . Anyone can go out and get Email acounts . From my account i can open 25 parallel acounts . Its also possible to make false Email accounts . A real , legal petition has to have real names and real adresses on it and is checked by the authoritys .

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I`ve now signed in 137 names , most of them were idiotic fantasy names .

Heres another titbit :-

The Dangers of Buying E-Mail Lists - The story of Javelin Marketing and the troubles it encountered

What can result from purchasing e-mail lists

Bob Richard, the marketing director of Javelin Marketing, a California based company that specializes in selling promotional material, has recently revealed to the general public that the organization he works for wasted $14,000 on an e-mail address list. It was purchased from Emailappenders and seemed to be genuine, but after about 100.000 messages had been sent out, a staggering 85% of them "bounced back" and put so much strain on the servers that important messages could not get through.

Javelin Marketing relies on e-mail messages in order to attract new customers and, for that reason, they have their own database. But managing such a database takes considerable amount of time and effort, so you can see why one would be tempted to purchase a list of people that want to receive informative messages and have for this specific reason given out their e-mail.

Bob Richards had never done such a thing before, so he approached the offer from Emailappenders with caution. Since the previously mentioned company also provided a list of customers, Richards took the time to contact them and see if they were content with the database they had purchased. Since none had anything bad to say about Emailappenders, he paid $14,000 for a list of 135,000 e-mail addresses. At that time, Richards believed it was a good deal, even if just 67,500 of them would yield a positive result.

The database was then handed over to SwiftPage, a company very similar to FedEx or DHL, just that instead of delivering regular mail, it delivers electronic mail. After sending out about 100,000 messages, it was noticed that a staggering 85% of them were redirected back to Javelin Marketing's servers.

"It actually clogged our e-mail server. There were so many bounces coming back so quickly, other mail couldn't get through," says Richards as cited by NetworkLand. Since SwiftPage is very careful about its activities and does not want to be blacklisted or related to spam, it has dropped Javelin Marketing as a client.

This is what Richards has to say about the incident: "I kind of learned my lesson. I 'm convinced that the only way to do it [compile an e-mail list] is ... you've got to do it the hard way and develop all of the mechanisms necessary to have people opt in to your own sites".

http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-Dang ... 0816.shtml