Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

predicting events

gammagoblin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Mai 2007
I was wondering whether or not I should put this in the determinism topic, but I think it comes more to it´s right in a new topic. So I´ll start one.

When I took psychedelics I had a couple of incidences where a dream I had would become real. For example I when I was a child I dreamt a really weird dream, where I was in some room and everything looked really weird and there was an older guy, about 40 years old and he was playing with an RC helicopter. In this dream I didn´t pay any attention to the helicopter but I was wondering why I didn´t because I thought it was a really cool thing.

When I was 18 years old I once took acid and went to some squatted building where this guy came and played with the helicopter. This time I thought it was really stupid that some guy on coke was playing with such a helicopter. Then it occured to me that I have dreamed this already. And now I could explain why I wasn´t paying any attention to the helicopter when I was dreaming that dream.

It could off course be that my brain was doing some weird stuff because I was on acid but I really do remember waking up from that dream and thinking `What a weird dream was this`.

This was the most vivid `predicting` dream I had. But I had other similar things:

I also once took DXM and was laying in a grass field but I was actually in some rome doing ketamine. A year later I was actually doing ketamine in my new appartment, but then I was lying on the grass doing DXM.

And doing DXM + mushrooms once when I was still in the same house but with a lot of other guys and just doing mushrooms. 6 Months later I really was doing mushrooms with the same guys I saw when I was doing DXM + Mushrooms.

Of course it could all be your mind fooling yourself but I talked to more people who had these kinds of things while on trips. Some say they could even predict what happened next.

I'm wondering whether you guys had such experiences and what do you think of them?

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i think it has somewhat to do with fnords. you can look up what the word means...
and possibly also with alternate/parallel realities. it's fascninating tho... i think what it alludes to, is that your brain
can't distinguish whether it is dreaming or not. hence that would make lucid dreaming an interesting option or cultivating your consciousness in general. it's like just because you can't see something doesn't mean it is not there. maybe try to dig into some subconscious stuff that may relate to that dream you mentioned or old dreams/feelings in general... and then brainstorm/look where you can make connections that make sense to YOU. :eek: :wink:
i also had an experience that was somewhat similar ... it was like i couldn't distinguish whether it was real or a dream, anymore... but i don't remember it very well... it just fucked my mind lol...
hmmm anyway i guess what may be of some relevance is to let things unfold naturally, if it's possible.
good luck!!! :lol:

ah btw i just remember one more thing that may help... it's that time is very psychological and in my opinion it is also a factor of synchronisation.... :?: :arrow: :idea:

it's a matter of seeing reality as it is and this also applies to memories, of course. how much you fool yourself in yourself in your perception of how you would (not) like to view the world etc etc???

peace

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I've experienced this as well and this is the conclusion I came to;

Everytime I've had these "dreams" that came to reality I have been on a binge of psychodelics. And I'm fairly certain what is going on is an extreme version of deja-vu. A reality- warping form of deja-vu where you actually implant a memory of what is happening, and attribute a "dream" feeling in the past.

You can believe this or not, but after about a year of this occuring over and over I realized that I had no recollection of recounting the dream before the event, but after words I was infatuated by it; I thought for sure I had just had a dream about this! OR maybe even years before!

But yes - nobody but me seems to believe this.