Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

...potency...

woundsarehealed

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Fev 2006
What are the most potent kind of mushrooms. You know....the ones that have the most psilocybin in them... :)

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
If I remember correctly, the woodloving species like the cyanescens (sp), are most potent. They are also more difficult to grow (not with standard pf tek) than the cubensis strains.

HC

psilocybe

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Fev 2006
That is right. This Shroomery link says that the Panaeolus cyanescens (called "Hawaiiaanse" in the Netherlands) and Panaeolus tropicalis are about as strong, but harder to grow yourself. Are you going tot grow your own mushrooms?

Arafat

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Déc 2005
I saw a folder a while ago of a new mushroom species in the local smartshop were they give you only 8grams fresh of it, I don't remember the name again, but it seems very potent for me.

woundsarehealed

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Fev 2006
Yes, I do plan on growing them. I have never done it before, but i have much experience in growing other things (ie. flowers, herbs, etc.). I also would like to start a movement to make entheogens for religious purposes LEGAL in USA. The laws here are retarded! Thank you guys so much for the replies already posted!

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
The azurescens are very potent, I think I remember they're about 3 to 4 times more potent than regular cubes and are one of the most potent in nature. A benefit of this shroom is that it is pretty easy to grow and that you can grow them outdoors.

Arafat

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Déc 2005
Forkbender a dit:
The azurescens are very potent, I think I remember they're about 3 to 4 times more potent than regular cubes and are one of the most potent in nature. A benefit of this shroom is that it is pretty easy to grow and that you can grow them outdoors.

yea, that's the species I was talking about, I forgot the name..

psilocybe

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Fev 2006
Do you want to grow indoors or outdoors? You should take a look at the shroomery, they have great guides for both growing indoors and outdoors. Growing mushrooms is very different from growing plants, you have to work sterile (if you grow indoors) and a lot of other things. I reccomend that you read the PF tek and the PF tek for simple minds.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
If I were you I'd start with shrooms which are easy to grow - they will also be strong enough to blow your mind, just take a few more :)

I have grown a few batches of stropharia cubensis from grow boxes, they were very easy to grow. 10 medium sized specimen of those, prepared with lemon juice and mixed with cocoa, were enough for me to experience my ego dissolving. My mind couldn't take it, I had a shock with pure terror from the thought that I had just been about to transform into "another" spiritual being, losing all connections to and memories from "me", yet still being aware... very weird, undescribable
Do I need stronger shrooms? Definitely not, I can always take some more of these.

Of course if you like to grow plants it's probably fun to grow different or rare species - I just think it's best to start with the easiest, not the strongest ones

I also would like to start a movement to make entheogens for religious purposes LEGAL in USA.

This might interest you (if you don't know already): The Uniao do Vegetal church has just won a case which allows them to use Ayahuasca as a religious sacrament in the US:

http://www.cognitiveliberty.org/dll/udv_pj_granted.htm

Arafat

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Déc 2005
Verry nice :D But are the stropharia cubensis the easiest to grow :?: I wanna start a growkit to, the idea of eating home made mushrooms seems verry cool :D

abrad84

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Déc 2005
Yes cubensis are by far the easiest to grow but i would recommend starting from spores instead of buying a kit. It works out cheaper and you get a much higher yield.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I have never seen growkits with other species, so I guess these are the easiest to. If you want to grow other species you need to do everything on your own, buy spores, mix the growth substrate, innoculate the substrate and so on. I've never done that - with the growkit you just open the box, put it in a bucket, close it with kitchen foil and give it water and air regularly, that's it!

I want to try growing from spores in the future, but currently I have to be glad when I have enough time to trip once in a while, there's no room for new time consuming hobbies right now :(

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
The reasons why these growboxes of different kind of shrooms do not excist is because its very difficult to sell them. Most people who buy a growbox buy it because its easy. The cubensis species are easy to grow and are also easy to fruit even in not ideal settings.

Lots of other shrooms need very precise conditions or it will not work. This is why companies doe not sell the other growboxes. They might work under ideal conditions but most people who buy them have no idea how to threath them so it jiust will not work.

Psilocybe cubensis howerver is a very easy mushroom to grow and can take some abuse so is much more suitable.

Can agree with tryptonaut, if you want to have shrooms but not to much hassle , just go for the growbox. It will for sure be cheaper than buying freshshrooms and if you are lucky and a bit skilled you can harvest a lot of these kit. I once had a kti that flushed 4-5 times , the last shrooms were only a few but they were all over 60 grams each !

psilocybe

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Fev 2006
I don't think it is legal for Americans to buy/sell growboxes, because they contain mycelium, wich contains psilocybe. I think spore prints are legal though.

woundsarehealed

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Fev 2006
I am about to send a letter to Free Spore Ring Europe to send me a strain of psilocybe cubensis or even Psilocybe azurescens. It is only $2 US or 1 euro for a spore print. It will probably be a few weeks before it gets here, but i think i can wait for it! I really want to start growing my own so that i can enjoy them when i want without having to pay $30 for a decent dose around here. I seek the mushroom so that i can seek myself. I would really like to even grow them outside if it is possible to do with psilocybe cubensis. I think it would look wonderful in my garden!

psilocybe

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Fev 2006
Psilocybe azurescens is pretty hard to grow inside, pretty easy when grown outside (depending on the weather conditions) and psilocybe cubensis is easy to grow inside.
Good luck! :)

woundsarehealed

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Fev 2006
Thank you, if i get the psilocybe azurescens then i will definately grow them outside. I haven't found much info on them though. What temperatures do they like best? and how fast do they grow? and how does the mycelium grow? do i have to do anything special to the soil before i just put the spore print in?
Thanks again!

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
the azurescens are usually grown outdoors & they're pretty easy to grow. No need to sterilize the environment and yourself as much as with the other species. But if you want to grow indoors, I reckon the regular cubes might do just as well.
Good luck on the "changing-the-world"-thing.