Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Pot vs. Booze: A Former Police Chief's Take

Getafix

Banni
Inscrit
18 Avr 2009
Back to booze vs. pot. How do the effects of these two drugs stack up against specific health and public safety factors?

Alcohol-related traffic accidents claim approximately 14,000 lives each year [in the USA], down significantly from 20 or 30 years ago (attributed to improved education and enforcement). Figures for THC-related traffic fatalities are elusive, especially since alcohol is almost always present in the blood as well, and since the numbers of "marijuana-only" traffic fatalities are so small. But evidence from studies, including laboratory simulations, feeds the stereotype that those under the influence of canniboids tend to (1) be more aware of their impaired psychomotor skills, and (2) drive well below the speed limit. Those under the influence of alcohol are much more likely to be clueless or defiant about their condition, and to speed up and drive recklessly.

Norm Stamper is former chief of the Seattle Police Department, and an advisory board member of NORML and Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP). He is the author of Breaking Rank: A Top Cop's Exposé of the Dark Side of American Policing (Nation Books, 2005).

Over the past four years I've asked police officers throughout the U.S. (and in Canada) two questions. When's the last time you had to fight someone under the influence of marijuana? (I'm talking marijuana only, not pot plus a six-pack or a fifth of tequila.) My colleagues pause, they reflect. Their eyes widen as they realize that in their five or fifteen or thirty years on the job they have never had to fight a marijuana user. I then ask: When's the last time you had to fight a drunk? They look at their watches.

Article: Pot vs. Booze: A Former Police Chief's Take
Huffington Post

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Thanks for this post and the others youve posted lately . Keep them comeing .

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
Good stuff.
I definitely agree with GOD,
you're a good addition to the forum :thumbsup:
Welcome btw ;)

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
With all the bad news I've read lately, on here and otherwise, it's nice to see a bit of good news. It's very heartening to see a police officer who not only knows the facts, but strives to teach others about them. Thanks a lot getafix, This article just really improved my day. ;)

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
Welcome to the forum mate and congrats for the very constructive posts :)