Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Pot and social anxiety

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
adrianhaffner a dit:
you realize, which IS accepting, then you change THAT view. you exchange (abandon) the old for the new.

for me i would call that less what I was talking about, and more the next step in the process that occurs after. you don't realize or accept anything without a lengthy period of self-evaluation first and all the processes involved therein. perhaps i'll try rephrasing my post: one can't realistically delve too far inward into the self and gain understanding if one never gets beyond being purely reactionary when it comes to one's emotions

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
adrianhaffner a dit:
you're all talking the same point you know...

you realize, which IS accepting, then you change THAT view. you exchange (abandon) the old for the new.

dont get caught up on words when the meaning is there

i think realizing is not always equal to accepting. sometimes i realize a thought or memory, but i find myself in the process of accepting it for a much longer time after than it took for realization... hmm for me accepting is a bit like putting a seal on a document while realizing would be printing the document.

maybe the metaphoric perspective on the minds' apparatus is not elaborated enough, as it sometimes might appear similar to a cupboard or something like that and the only thing you needed to do in order to change something is to put in new drawers or different content in the drawers...???

and maybe this perspective might seem to give back good results at first, but it might be a bit too far from reality depending on your own imagination, so i suggest a more natural metaphor for it. i think the mind can be seen like a tree with leaves that represent the tree and do work for the tree and you can also either nourish it or let it die, which would be a reflection of what you do to yourself if you you could see it blossoming or decaying.

but then of course before doing something i suppose it'd be beneficial to see clearly what it looks like in order to be able to do what needed to be done to make it look like you want it to like and well i think by that you'd have created a psychological cycle of self-dependancy, which is not a bad thing per se, but maybe if you have a tendency to bring in inner negativity into such cycles...

i don't know ... but i think also that it might be good to elevate your own perspective on your emotions, in order to not attach your possibly very reactionary being to these, as these might be negative. by the way i am not saying "don't feel your emotions". food for thought on a plate. enjoy your meal! :D

peace :weedman:

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
st.bot.32 a dit:
adrianhaffner a dit:

for me i would call that less what I was talking about, and more the next step in the process that occurs after. you don't realize or accept anything without a lengthy period of self-evaluation first and all the processes involved therein.

right, lengthy process = time. the suffix "ing" is an expression of time, in that if you say running, that means whatever you are talking about has not finished running (if you use proper grammar). walking, hiking, thinking, realizing, accepting, these are all expressing that the verb with the ing after it has not finished. you guys are getting caught up on past present or future tense and consequently missed that you're all talking about the same thing, the only thing that is different about any of your posts is the TIME in which it takes for each step in the process(entirely subjective), or, WHICH step in the process you are talking about... only difference. same picture different words, or "frame" rather :lol:

st.bot.32 a dit:
perhaps i'll try rephrasing my post: one can't realistically delve too far inward into the self and gain understanding if one never gets beyond being purely reactionary when it comes to one's emotions
i like this post more, but once again, its just a re-hash-ING of the exact same thing we've all said :lol: :roll: :lol:

toogoodforyou

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Juin 2008
BrainEater a dit:
either that or you have to train to feel comfortable while stoned when around people. either do it when alone stoned and imagine how you would feel when you would be there and there right at that moment and try to cope with the feelings.
alternatively you just need to jump in the cold water and practice real social situations when high, if that's what you want to achieve.

+1

I used to be all anxious after getting stoned earlier. But now i can converse perfectly even after getting stoned. Or head for class or gym. Maybe its the LSD that has opened my mind up ;)

Another tip is use eye-drops. At times after getting stoned the eyes get red which makes one feel concious. Use eye drops that clear your eyes... that will give you confidence.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
eye drops are good for while your still high, but after that, you are down, and no physical cover up will disguise your lethargy. embrace your emotions. it's an infinitely long process, as you can't master 100% of your emotions due to the dynamics involved, but you can definitely stay on top of them. how to is a whole 'nother topic, but simply being able to periodically step out of your box and examine yourself helps. just remember, you cant be examining yourself & flow conversation at the same time. its like the double slit experiment. if you look, it's broken down into pieces, if you dont look, it just flows. disassemble and reassemble. you cant shoot a gun without a hammer or barrel, but understanding the individual pieces will help you firing again if the gun should jam

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
toogoodforyou a dit:
I used to be all anxious after getting stoned earlier. But now i can converse perfectly even after getting stoned. Or head for class or gym. Maybe its the LSD that has opened my mind up ;)

It was once the same for me too. There was a time when I did everything stoned. Hell I smoked a bong for breakfast...
I can remember once a friend told me "how can you smoke that much weed and now go pick up your parents from the airport? I couldn't do that!" And I thought "What's the deal? I'm a bit stoned, like always..."

It totally changed for me, I got more and more paranoid on weed over time, up to the point where I had to totally quit it (well totally is not the right word, I'm like smoking once or twice a year since, at new years eve maybe... and sometimes for meditation at home).
I didn't give up too easily though, I tried and tried again smoking like I did before - hell I had always loved it! But it just wouldn't work. The paranoia got worse and worse when I was stoned.
I guess if you never experienced it you can't know, but advice like "think positive", "use eyedrops" and "practice being amongst people while stoned" is almost like telling someone in a wheelchair to just believe in themselves and get up and walk again. Yeah like they never tried that before, duh... :roll:

I have experienced the most serious bad trips from smoking weed while being with a couple of friends in a safe environment. It wasn't fun, and it wasn't changeable - at least not with everything that I tried. And I tried again and again and again.
In the end I think it was good for me because the weed itself told me to quit abusing it. I'm glad I can see the psychedelic potential of weed with different eyes now, and I know I can only use it here and there for a little insight. I had to learn it the hard way, though.

I just don't like it when someone who is experiencing serious problems with the effect of weed is told that there is no problem and they should maybe even smoke more and that paranoia can be spirited away with some eyedrops and a more positive attitude.
Hell when someone says I'm having paranoia from shrooms or lsd then the consensus is stop taking it, at least for a few months. Or at least seriously change your setting. Not go party even harder and take even more. Why is weed so seriously underestimated as a psychedelic substance?

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
trypt, true words,

Taking a break is the best idea, however I have, and it seems you have, gotten over the anxiety/paranoia. The wheelchair analogy is a bit harsh

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
digging deeper isn't the same like turning away from it. maybe you should start working on yourself with a metaphorical pick-axe, so you can start to harvest the precious silber, gold or whatever shiny elemental manifestation, you happen to find in the depths of your own private rabbit hole. lol well it almost seems proven you can learn something there, like tryptonaut or adrianhaffner! but b-ware, of the h-ware inside you! and beware of the r-ware that comes with the t-ware trying to destroy your h-ware! in other words: maybe better vaporize it??? :mrgreen:

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
tryptonaut a dit:
I guess if you never experienced it you can't know, but advice like "think positive", "use eyedrops" and "practice being amongst people while stoned" is almost like telling someone in a wheelchair to just believe in themselves and get up and walk again. Yeah like they never tried that before, duh... :roll:

i used to be awkward socially, and the only way i got used to it was forcing myself into talking to people. you have to break your fear of the unknown before you can do or try anything new(a process which is not to be underestimated). i think drawing that comparison(wheelchair) is horribly skewed, the person could walk before the incident, and now they physically can never overcome. looking at any scenario that way is teaching submissive, self defeating behavior, which is the root of this entire emotional problem in the first place. it sickens me. paranoia and anxiety CAN be overcome, but not by reading a manual or watching a video. what do you propose? as to me it seems your advice is to give up. i refuse to be debilitated by my emotions.

tryptonaut a dit:
psychedelic potential of weed
i think alot of people miss that entire concept. there's alot to be said about that. i think weed is highly abused.

tryptonaut a dit:
I just don't like it when someone who is experiencing serious problems with the effect of weed is told that there is no problem and they should maybe even smoke more and that paranoia can be spirited away with some eyedrops and a more positive attitude.
Hell when someone says I'm having paranoia from shrooms or lsd then the consensus is stop taking it, at least for a few months. Or at least seriously change your setting. Not go party even harder and take even more. Why is weed so seriously underestimated as a psychedelic substance?

well for 1, underestimated because of the duration and intensity(not comparable to lsd like psylocybin or mescalin). but you're exaggerating way too much, nobody said that paranoia could be gotten rid of easily. besides, the tools must be aware of before they can become of any use. do you suggest that we stop sharing our experiences of how we've all dealt with anxiety? im being a bit rhetoric here if you cant tell, but im kind of hazy on what your stance actually is on this matter, other than knowing exactly how to not deal with your anxiety...

ps. wtf is your post braineater? makes no sense