Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Pot and social anxiety

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
as long as you don't try to hold on or cling to that yeah... i agree that forgetting can be equally important to memorizing , but well what sense does it make anyway to say what is more important when both functions work together in a balanced mechanism. however these mechanism seem to be there for a reason, for example also imagine perception filters: imagine being in a room with many people talking at the same time and being able to hear what everyone says at the same time ?? wouldn't that make you crazy or at least how could you concentrate on your own thoughts with so much unfiltered sensory input at once?

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I've been doing framing for about a year, and successfully gotten it down within the past 4 months. It does work, and for about 3 years now I have been aware of the fact that, yes, you can wipe your harddrive clean from what you want - you don't have to have the same fears for your entire life, and I could argue that SOME fears are much more easily and safer to be replaced, than to be faced. But that is my personal experience.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
ya i think too that one of the toughest fears to get rid of is the fear of death for letting go of the fear doesn't mean letting go of your life....

Sinaeps

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
16 Déc 2009
Some fears, such as the fear of death, are healthy to have. Fear of death is the most natural fear, it is necessary for our survival (for obvious reasons). Walking on narrow ledges is also something that is scary to many people while some can do it without worrying too much. It depends if you associate the act with the danger of falling and dying or with a simple movement of the body. The same thing is true for fear of rejection. Rejection is something to be feared, because if someone lacks it, he may never be able to reproduce or live a happy life. Talking to people is the equivalent of walking along the narrow ledge: you can associate it with rejection or simply to human interaction.

That's pretty much the core idea behind reframing.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
MMmmm... If you go to far into reframing your going to end up emotionally numb - you don't want that... unless you plan to start from that and then rebuild positive emotion...

That would take a decade to do though, to be honest... I don't think thats a good decision.

Sinaeps

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
16 Déc 2009
IJesusChrist a dit:
MMmmm... If you go to far into reframing your going to end up emotionally numb - you don't want that... unless you plan to start from that and then rebuild positive emotion...

That would take a decade to do though, to be honest... I don't think thats a good decision.

Could you please provide the logic behind that? Sources? Evidence?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
it is a very intellectual approach to a non-intellectual problem.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
the evidence is me.

To become perfect at reframing, you have to strip all emotional ties to the current situation, and re-enter it. By doing this you are disregarding emotion. To have the ability to completely disregard emotion is very touchy territory in the society you and I live in, I don't think anyone is ready to be able to carry that load... If you don't believe or understand what I'm saying, its not a big deal, I have just been attempting to do reframing for quite some time now.

You can make it intellectual if you so choose - everything can be, and everything eventually is, Fork. Emotions are what make us enjoy life - however, life can exist without them.

I don't know if that is a response to anything really.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
why can you not observe emotion and thought at the same time??? or why can you not remain the observer in the state when you experience thought and emotion at the same time and not disregard either emotion or thought?? i think you can, but not all the time!! i can't do it as well, but well our minds are like machines anyway , on the one hand like a clockwork, on the other hand like a factory/enterprise. so be aware of the machine that drives you, but don't be mistaken in its identity. recognize that all your thought processes are not you. you are more. most often you'd be something like the observing, judging and deciding instance. but that would not describe who you are anyway, it'd just be a distant reflection of pure awareness.

peace :weedman:

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
IJesusChrist a dit:
You can make it intellectual if you so choose - everything can be, and everything eventually is, Fork.

Yes, if you so choose. But I have doubts it is the right choice for problems like these. It can be a start, but ultimately you need to feel your way out.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Brain eater, you don't understand what framing is according to your response.

How can you change your emotion, while still feeling the same emotion??

Reframing works because you back up and restart. I think you missed what I was getting at or something.

Sinaeps

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
16 Déc 2009
IJesusChrist a dit:
To become perfect at reframing, you have to strip all emotional ties to the current situation, and re-enter it.

I don't think we're thinking of reframing in the same way. It's not as complicated as you make it sound. In fact, you and I do it all the time. You change your opinion on a subject, the meaning of the words change, your awareness of the subject changes... You don't have to get rid of emotions, you simply view the problem from another angle (so it isn't a problem anymore).

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Not all emotions or situations are that simple.

Jeniger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Oct 2008
i agree with sinaeps

It reminds me of the cognitive behavioral therapy i have had in the past to treath social anxiety.

Cognitive-behavioral therapy is based on the idea that our thoughts cause our feelings and behaviors, not external things, like people, situations and events. The benefit of this fact is that we can change the way we think to feel / act better even if the situation does not change.

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
I thought reframing was looking at other angles too. There is only one situation, and reframing alters the way you look at the situation, from negative to positive, anxious to whatever you like.

I had cognitive therapy as well, seems like reframing would be a sort of that.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i'm out as i apparently don't understand it anymore..................

peace

p.s. IJC you did miss something too but well as smart as you are you'd probably find out yourself.

p.s.2: framing = putting an image in a frame
reframing = putting an image in another frame than it was before

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
What I was trying to get at is that if you are suffering from a fear, an axiety your entire life, and you read about reframing on wikipedia, you're not cured...

Reframing takes a LONG time, and to be able to conquer some of the most intense emotions, you must first learn to abonden that emotion, allowing for a new one to come in...

I've been trying to change my perception on life for 4 years, tried experimenting with psychology, ends up its what wikipedia defines as "Framing", and have been doing that for about a year - successfully for about 4 months... Not sure what I'm missing.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
why abandon the emotion?? why not be the emotion and change it?? why you think your methods are working the same way for everyone. well maybe i understand where you are wanting to get at but maybe you should also formulate it better so that it is more easily understandable. i mean it's good to speak from experience, but you cannot always draw explicit conclusions from others' experience.

peace

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
IJC a dit:
How can you change your emotion, while still feeling the same emotion?

personally i embrace my emotions, that's how I find out where they come from and in that process you can learn a lot about yourself. think about what is causing them, challenge those perceptions, see the world from different perspectives.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^indeed, the only way to make them go away is by feeling them and not fighting it.