Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Poppy Tea Question

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
I found some poppies and a friend and I are going to try some poppy tea. But I was wondering because all the recipes I've found call for the pods alone, but I don't want to waste the stems. So how many stems and pods should I use for a beginner's cup? Two each?

Thanks for any help :D

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
honestly I don't know, but I'd guess that there is no opium in the stems since every recipe only talks about the pods?

I always used ~12 medium sized pods for one litre of tea, and then drank maybe half a small cup to see how strong it really is. I don't know which pods you have, and to be honest I don't know which I have :P start with small doses and see how you feel then, the come up is rather fast anyway.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
you should try one batch with just stems, one batch with just pods.

Don't take too much! My friend's throat closed up, he just "eyeballed" it.

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
I didn't end up taking the stems, just some pods. I managed a little bit of opium tar from the pods too :D I think I'll throw that in the vape tonight!

I have to let the pods dry before I use em, but yeah, definitely going to take it easy with this stuff. There's a reason why it's been used as an anaesthetic for thousands of years haha.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
:lol:

I love scratching after having opium tea, it feels like scratching your arm after getting a cast removed

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
Unfortunately my pods must have been from an impotent species because the experience was mild at best. It was comparably weak to smoking sage leaves! We tried it with three, then four and a half pods each. I suppose it is better to start small with this stuff anyway.

Better luck next time I guess, maybe someone I know will grow them :mrgreen:

yngvie

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Août 2010
Don't underestimate the value of the stems. Just Google poppy straw. The major portion of the worlds opiate supply is now produced by an extraction of poppy straw rather than the old fashioned, labor intensive method of lancing the pods. The straw is cut both high and low, some producers taking off the top third of the plant. I made a great tea just the other day using only parts of the upper stem. You can see the raw material at the top of the stem when you cut the pods off. Of course you have to be certain that your seeds are the true poppy seeds. Too often seeds taken from the wild have been mixed genetically with inferior strains.

As far as the scratching goes, it can be quite fun. I once ate a gram of almost plastic Vietnamese Opium and took some very good acid (purple Haze) this was back in the late sixties. It was the best trip I ever had, well short of those great mexican mushrooms I found in the kitchen of the New Buffalo commune. :lol:

Ya, don't throw away those stems if you have the good stuff. Save at least the top quarter of the stem. It all adds up in a small garden and it's a long winter.

Kev

veritas.socal

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Mar 2011
although the danish flag and gigantum seeds have yet to be ordered, so i have no experience, it is my understanding that the 10 cm below the pod contains the most alkaloids(apart from the pod), and i also HEARD that the poppy straw extractuses a gazzillion megatonz of poppystraw to get some decent amt...the yeild suck, so i hear(not calling u a liar)
i also HEARD that its transported in liquid state, full of h2o, to deter thefts(coulda read it here last night...still aint slept..