Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

(Poll) How does cannabis affect your trips?

How does cannabis affect your trip?

• It amplifies the psychedelic effects and/or extends the trip.

Votes: 1 50,0%
  • Same as the above option, but it also really changes the feel of the trip.

Votes: 0 0,0%
  • It relaxes me.

Votes: 1 50,0%
  • It has little/no effect.

• It depends on the psychedelic.

• It produces negative effects for me (body, mind, etc).

• I've never explored this.

• Other (please explain).

• Nombre total d'électeurs

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
My curiosity got aroused in the mushroom section when some of us started talking about smoking cannabis during the trip.

When I'm tripping with people and a bowl goes around I always have to think twice about whether I want to do it or not. I find that cannabis does indeed actually greatly amplify the effects of whatever trip I'm on, acid, shrooms or mescaline (when I smoked cannabis on a low dose of mescaline, I had probably one of the most.. dare I say.. 'spiritual' experiences I've ever had on a trip).

At the same time cannabis does indeed change the feel of the trip quite a lot. To the point where when I've smoked during an acid trip I've almost felt like I was on two trips at once as I got thought patterns distinct to both thc and acid at the same time. (Sometimes they synergize in a very powerful way however.)

I'm also curious about this because sometimes people reccommend that you smoke weed to calm down during a difficult trip. For me that would probably be about the worst possible advice to take. If I smoke weed at the end of the trip, I'll be more or less back in the trip for another 2-3 hours. So that's not advice I ever give out to others.

So that's me. How 'bout you?

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
It grinds off the clearity of being 'awake' for me. This picture respresents (althoiugh not as drastic as this difference) the alternation in my state of mind. Left is with the addition of cannabis, right just a psychedelic.

matglas.jpg

RushNerd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Mai 2009
Brugmansia a dit:
It grinds off the clearity of being 'awake' for me. This picture respresents (althoiugh not as drastic as this difference) the alternation in my state of mind. Left is with the addition of cannabis, right just a psychedelic.

matglas.jpg
%25 lens blur filter then you got it ;)

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
Brugmansia a dit:

matglas.jpg

jup, but the right half should be as clear as a crystal..

Snurry

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
20 Sept 2009
I find it depends on the substance, but usually it intensifies it and ands a weird confusion to it.

I found when I was smoking cannabis daily 1.5g of psilocybe cubensis was enough for my consciousness to constantly disconnect and come back which at times was alarming. I'd be walking around, disconnect, and when I'd realise where was I'd usually be on my way walking down the street.

Though I've always found a smoke on the comedown always just gave me a nice glowy-buzz that'd allow me to fall asleep no problems.

On MDMA I found cannabis to trigger the effects if they haven't already come on. It also intensifies it greatly and adds yet again confusion which can be very distracting from the euphoria and empathy.

Just my two cents.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I chose very little effect, though I've never really tried to inhale a lot during the peak of a trip. I did smoke a couple of times right after ingesting mimosahuasca, to combat the nausea, and usually I end my trips with the good vapor, which I personally experience as grounding. Not sure if that's really what's going on, just that it feels that way.

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
Voted A.
I like to smoke when I'm coming down from a mushroom trip. Actualy I never smoke during the come up or the peak, somehow I don't feel the need to but when it wears of I like to extend trip whit some nice weed. I also like to start the trip whit a clear head, being high before tripping holds me down to earth.

To be honest I don't have much exp. whit other psychedelics and smoking weed combined, time to change this.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I chose B. Cannabis does amplify the psychedelic effects, or maybe the psychedelic amplifies the psychedelic effects of the cannabis, but it is stronger. However, there is another spirit in the mix, which makes it sometimes harder to retrieve something from the experience.

In combination with mushrooms I only smoke near the end, on the peak I feel no need. I have had both positive and negative effects from it. The negative being a physical tiredness and mental overstimulation which leads to headaches. Smoking a little, pure, has done me good, though.

With acid, the peak is more stretched out and less hectic (at least in my case), so when I do smoke then, it tends to become a little more chaotic, loosening my thoughts the way cannabis does and then expanding in bliss. The shadow side of this is that I sometimes loose focus if I smoke too much and end up in a state of confusion in which I am hyped by the acid and have little short term memory so I feel like a record stuck in one groove. Thoughts repeat themselves and I walk about aimlessly. I don't like this, so I'm very careful with acid and cannabis. A little is okay near the end, but they don't mix too well.

All things considered, I prefer to take mushrooms or lsd without cannabis, unless the atmosphere is there (friends, joy, peace). When I'm on my own, I tend to not use it or only do a little near the end.