Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Poisonous Mushrooms

user_1919

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Hello all,

As the mushrooms hunting season is coming up, I thought it would be appropriate to compile a topic on just poisonous mushrooms, with photos and descriptions. I believe there is not a very big list of poisonous mushrooms, but rather a few that we should focus on. I am no expert on mushrooms, but rather starting out. So everyone, please add to the list. I will start off with a few that I am familiar with. Also if you believe you have a better site, than me, or someone else, please provide it. There is never to much information.

Death Cap---> http://americanmushrooms.com/deathcap.htm
Just a good site---> http://academic.evergreen.edu/projects/mushrooms/phm/

So everyone, please add, so we can compile a big list, and keep everyone safe this year, including myself!

PEACE & LOVE

magickpencil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Mai 2008

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Wow! That is an excellent site, thanks a lot!

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Beautiful! Thanks drugless.

magickpencil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Mai 2008

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
im self taught in identifying mushrooms though i worked as a biological surveyor for a year (1991-2) and learned a bit more. ive still eaten the wrong one from time to time (eg False Chantrelle) and count myself lucky to still be alive. you have to be SURE

magickpencil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Mai 2008
that Hygrophoropsis is admittedly quite close in appearance to the golden chanterelle..
how would one know?, looks substantially larger, but that's judging from one photograph

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
they are quite different. the stem ifs brittle, hollow and whit inside, they smell completely different too. sometimes you get one in among the Chantrelles.

magickpencil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Mai 2008
we should really start an edible mushroom picking thread

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
I think it was Paul Stammets who told us in a lecture that the best test is to take a spore print and look for blueing. They should have purple to black spores and turn blue. And indeed if you check the site given by magickpencil the only ones that also do those 2 things that are deadly are agaricus species. Not easily confused with psilocybes.

matt86es

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Fev 2007
magickpencil a dit:
Mushrooms Demystified - David Arora - supposedly the best book out there on general mycology, recommended to me by an expert mycologist

Yes, this is a required read for anyone interested in mycology in general as well as knowing what mushies to avoid. My Mycology professor, who I'm still friends with, used this book as his primary source of reference. BTW, he has been doing research and crossbreeding to restore the American Chestnut. Pretty cool stuff.