Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Peyotl : how much ?

yourownworld

Psycho disparu·e
Inscrit
22 Juin 2006
Hi

I plan a cacti trip soon, I've ordered three "5cm+" peyotl ($140 each on eth*****den) and I was wondering if those three are enough for a strong trip?

(I also have a san pedro at home, it's about 25cm tall with a diameter arround 7-8cm in the middle)

thanks
peace

Brugmansia

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Tough question. 25 cm San Pedro is definitely sufficient for a nice noticeable trip. Especially if it's consumed on an empty stomach. Although it'll bring you not even close to an ego death and white light to step through.

I do not know anything about peyote. Just as you I just got one peyote that's 7 cm thick but I don't dare to cut it since I have seen pretty big peyotes and I perhaps might waste mine with hardly an effect.

Somehow I love peyotes, even if I had a massive dose it'd make my heart cold to eat those. :cry: They're special and unique, especially since in their natural environment, they're less crowded. :cry: Maybe I'll just keep them for life as respect for the plant material.

I'm pretty sure Deep Turtle can tell you more about this.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I've ordered three "5cm+" peyotl ($140 each)
I think you got ripped off. They are 60 euro or 94 dollar here: http://*******.net/smartshop/psychedelics/cacti/peyote_cactus1/

Notice you only eat the part above the ground. If you carefully harvest the Peyote, the root (which doesn't contain mescaline) will survive and grow new buttons. You can consult the Encyclopedia at the above-mentioned website for dosage guidelines:
http://*******.net/encyclopedia/8/Peyote_cactus/

Same for the San Pedro cactus:
http://*******.net/encyclopedia/7/San_Pedro_cactus/

yourownworld

Psycho disparu·e
Inscrit
22 Juin 2006
thanks for you answers :)

I can't find how much mg of mescaline there is in a 5-6cm peyotl so I still don't know if the 3 I'll get are enough for a trip.

And if I'm right my san pedro should give me a good trip? (I'll take some pictures)

peace

scamie

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
23 Mai 2006
cactusplaza 6-7 cm lophophora. 30 euro!!!

scamie

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
23 Mai 2006
PEYOTE
This spineless, tufted, blue-green, button-like cactus, known botanically as LOPHOPHORA WILLIAMSII, is the most famous of the hallucinogenic cacti. It grows wild from Central Mexico to Northern Texas. It's known history dates back to pre-Columbian times; possibly as early as 300 B.C. During the past two centuries the religious use of Peyote has spread northward into the United States and Canada among many of the Plains Indian Tribes such as the Navajo, Comanche, Sioux, and Kiowa. This cactus eventually came to replace the hallucinogenic but dangerous red mescal bean (SOPHORA SECUNDIFLORA) as a ceremonial sacrement. During the 1800's the North American Peyote ritual was standardized. By 1920 the ceremonial practices of most tribes were identical with only minor variations.

(Note: In Mexico there is a popular liquor called mescal. Many people believe that it is made from the Peyote cactus. Actually it is fermented from the Maguey plant, a large succulent of the Amaryllis family with sword-like leaves. This plant does not contain mescaline or related alkaloids.)

It was in 1896 that Arthur Heffter extracted mescaline from Peyote and tested it upon himself. This was the first hallucinogenic compound isolated by man. About 350 mg of mescaline is required for a psychotropic experience, although definite effects can be felt from as little as 100 mg. Mescaline may comprise as much as six percent of the weight of the dried button, but is more often closer to one percent. An average dried button the diameter of a quarter weighs about 2 grams. it usually takes 6-10 of these buttons to gain the desired effect.

It has been noted that the peyote experience is quantitatively somewhat different than that of pure mescaline, the former being more physical than the latter. This is due to several of the other alkaloids present in the cactus. These include: HORDENINE, N-METHYLMESCALINE, N-ACETYLMESCALINE, PELLOTINE, ANHALININE, ANHALONINE, ANHALIDNINE, ANHALONIDINE, ANHALAMINE, O-METHYLANHALONIDINE, TYRAMINE, and LOPHOPHORINE. Not all of these substances have psychopharmacological activity when administered singly. Some of them in combination apparently potentiate the effects of the mescaline and definitely alter some of the characteristics of the experience.

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
Sorry man but I know that your Peyotes are grafted ones. No mescaline!
Bunch of Internet shops sell big and fake old Peyotes! Those cacti are grafted ones! But if your source is reliable they might work.
You can easily check age and properties by the this way, First replant your cacti! :!: Roots must be at least double size or triple comparing to the roots! I mean in length by that! :!: Not wide size! Also you can post pict.
I will gladly make statement. Also have XP, believe me! :) 8)

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Hey goran, i once (long time ago) sent you a picture of my peyote (with the big tufts!!), it's about 15 years old and it was also probably grafted and then removed and planted.. How long does it take for it to be like a peyote grown from seed (as in root size, mescaline content, etc)?

Thanks

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
I can't remember the picture! :roll:
But if Peyote is big, growed big as graft, 3-4years are needed for "normal" roots growth from removing time off the graft! Why "normal" :?:
Peyote grafts are never like normal Peyote. Just like normal cultivated Peyote compared with wild one! Big differences!

You sad that cacti had big tufts!? :?: This is not Lophophora Williamsii!
That cacti is Lophophora diffusa or Lophophora jourdaniana

Check your cacti, place Pict again. Tell me do you remember the color of FLOWER?

VERY IMPORTANT cause Peyote doesn't have big tufts and one flower color variation.
RESPOND IMMEDIATELY :!:

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Ok here come the pictures (same cactus). They were sold as williamsi btw, by a specialized cactus seller.

2.jpg

1.jpg

At that time you told me it could be about 15 years old, but it has been grafted and then replanted. Which i think is correct.

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Well to me all the species look quite the same.. There are a lot of different descriptions of the different lophs and i'm not sure which is right..

The main difference between williamsi and diffusa is supposed to be primarily the flower color, and also the ribs.

Mine is a still a little bit pumped up on water, but this is an older picture.. The ribs are more defined now.

I sure hope its williamsi though.. i started a big breeding project with it.

Edit: the koehresi dont really have ribs, its more like fat-rolls..
I made the comparison williamsi-diffusa because i thought that koehresi is a subspecies of diffusa..

Edit2: also the flowertips of koehresi are much more pointed than a williamsi.

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
Your cacti is "for me" very "maybe" true Peyote!
And differences bout Peyote and others mentioned is mescaline alkaloid production! :!:
Other cacti doesn't produce it at all or much less then Williamsii! :!:
Something like 3-4x Pedro! :!:

scamie

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
23 Mai 2006
Even the williamsii do not all look the same. there are a lot of small differences. I have also williamsii with big tuuffts and with hardly any!!
they can also have different colours. from greyish darkgreen. to a more light green. For difussa, they are more round like ... almost no ribs and they are a different colour.
But with al the cultivation there can be a lot of cross over speceis maybe???

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
[b a dit:
scamie[/b]]But with al the cultivation there can be a lot of cross over species maybe???

LOPHOPHORA cacti divide to L. diffusa and L. williamsii variations. Those two variations doesn't have any resemblant between them! Two different cacti with same or very similar "look like" form&size&general similarity.
But Genome is different! Like dog and wolf! You can find dog which will look exactly same as wolf!, but those two specie can't mix and make new breeds!

Also Williamsii is THE ONE with mescaline highest concentration in whole Lophophora cacti specie!

L. Diffusa subspecies are Lophophora diffusa var. koehresii,
Lophophora diffusa subsp. viridescens. L. diffusa subsp. fricii (this is Diffusa genome which is called ficii) True "hybrid but with Diffusa and other unknown Lophophora specie! It is Suspecting that long isolation produce this variation of L.diffusa, because fricii is L. Williamsii specie!

L. Williamsi subspecies are Lophophora lewinii, Lophophora echinata, Lophophora fricii,
L. williamsii var. fricii (this is what you call hybrid between two spiece of L. Williamsii) and last one from L. Williamsii is Lophophora jourdaniana

GUYS YOU HAVE KILLED ME WITH THIS SPECIE AND SUBSPECIES DESCRIPTIONS! I NEED LOT'S OF PHONE CALLS, BOOK LISTING, AND BIG PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE REMINDING!! :!: :roll: :)

But doesn't matter if this is worth of time and explain something to members and people who want to know differences! :) :!:

Big issues with L. Williamsii are in the original&false declaration of true Peyote and concentrations of mescaline in cacti and those Williamsii variations which have visible&trip-reports which have less mescaline then subspecies of Williamsii itself! PEYOTE today is everything with name or shape of Lophophora Williamsii, even Diffusa have Peyote declaration in stores and shops! :!:
But Diffusa doesn't have mescaline at all! Even in traces! Just like all that cacti subspecies.

Sorry guys for such confusing explanations between Williamsi (and subs) and Diffusa (and subs)

PEACE
LIGHT
BLESS 8) :)

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Yourownworld:

Very sorry but that is 100%, definitely NOT a San Pedro.
The spines are much too long.

Nice peyote though.