Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Peyote Seeds

DevXavier

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
My peyote had a weird purple pocket on top of him for quite some time now. Today I decided to remove the little bag and open it. To my surprise there were 9 peyote seeds in there.

Since I am not going to plant them, seeing I do not have the patience to grow a peyote from nothing.

I am sending them seeds out for free to anybody who would like one or two or all nine.

Maybe I am making a fool out of myself and everybody has shitloads of seeds at home.

Just let me know. :)

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
If you got the seedpot your peyote must have flowered. For peyote the purple flower is quite normal. Once its withers (is that the correct term?) and if its pollinated it will form seeds. Sorry to hear you missed the flowering!

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
That's weird huh Rutger.

I believe I ordered the peyote from *******. I got it. After 4-5 days this purple thingy appeared. I reckoned it was gonna flower, but it didn't, as far as I could see and I watched it pretty closely.

Then the purple bag became older and uglier, then I took it off and there were 9 seeds.

Ilian

Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
it only flowers for one day :P i guess u missed the flower ;)

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
Omg, that sucks.

But then again, it's standing inside. How did it get pollinated?

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
BombSki a dit:
it only flowers for one day :P i guess u missed the flower ;)

This is not true-flower birth-life-death is from 3 to 5 days. Seen it, on 7 of them. Maybe this is prolonged with years so first flowering truly lasts only one day.Don't know with young ones cause my young ones have never flowered and 24 year old ones flower 8 times from spring to late summer-fall.

A

Apaec

Invité
Is peyote self-fertilizing or does it need to be.. violated by another nearby flowering peyote? :?

A

Apaec

Invité
Thank you.. so the seeds are 'copies' of the original plant?

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
No, as I remember, self-fertilizing plants are not copy's. DNA is going trough transformation and adoption to new clime. Maybe European Peyote is not so 'strong' as Texas or Mexico ones. More then three century's of evolution has changed plant so it doesn't produce alkaloids so much any more? Who knows? :?: