Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Personality, Character, & Manipulation.

Lion

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
So this the story:

A while ago I started to get interested in people.
Maybe in an obsesive way but who's to judge, right?

Anyway; I noticed that different people have different effects on myself.
Sometimes I get easily irritated by the "simplest" persons, sometimes by "smarter" people. Sometimes both, and so on and on..
Now this being said I started studying every human being I came across.. Whether they annoyed me or 'stole my heart'. I tried to study their personality and their character. In a brief way, obviously.

I came to a certain conclusion that people who meant a real deal to a mass amount of people, interest me the most.
It seems to me every person that had such an influence on the world, persons such as Bob Marley, Jim Morrison, Ghandi, ..., have a certain stron personality and character.

You can't deny they hadn't.. so how do they get it?
What makes them so smooth, so joyfull, so strong, etc..?
I mean.. is it possible to manipulate your personality/character? Or even change it?

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Greetsss, R.

Rymmen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
Be careful what you think, for your thoughts become your words.
Be careful what you say, for your words become your actions.
Be careful what you do, for your actions become your character.
And character is everything.

If you can change what you value, you can change your interpretation and character. It is a conscious decision.

G

Invité
have you considered that the majority of people are easily influenced ?
and that those people you are speaking of don't influence as much as their image and message, just like kids recognize a song by it's video ?
i once was with this indian girl who told me that gandi was a phoney. she told me the name of another guy (can't recall), and swore that he was the true liberator, and that gandi was just the guy who took the credits. the same happens with ravi shankar, but perhaps you already know that ? i belive(d) her. from my personal experience, true thinkers always keep their heads in the shadow. persons who never were able to be bright and genious take the credit from someone else's work, normally with not enough contacts.
knowing the right persons is the only factor that determines your rate of sucess with posterity. that's what i know from experience.

scamie

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
23 Mai 2006
manipulating is not the right word here i think. It's transformation through adjustment of words to that account.
if one is becoming more conscious of himself/ the world around him, he has a choise to choose a path. What i am getting out of al my reading/ exploring/ traveling etc... is that a path of heart, to follow your heart and if you do what you want to do
Will make you more pure, shine etcc... and you are more natural. Also i think there are thousands of peolpe like bob marley ghandi etcc.... but not everybody becomes that widely known to lots of people. So doning your "thing" is al you have to do i think. I myself dont know where i am going to but i know i want to work with the entheogens to percieve knowledge and happyness for me and my surroundings. I start to believe for myself that the the way to live is through personal/ spiritual/ growth/ insight, or consciousness or what the h# you want to call it.
and that following your path, with it's ups and down's is the way to be the light to shine/ to do good etc

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Some people have higher charisma scores. It's part of who they are.
I think of charisma as a talent, like creativity and dexterity.

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
Allright..
let's get this straight: i'm not keen on the succes part AT ALL.
I like to be in the shadow here, doing my thing etc..
And I know where i want to go, how i want my life; I have thought this all over well enough.

What I'm after is what magickmumu sais. The Charisma part. In a way you can describe a part of what i mean with that. And that's where it interests me.. Can you build that? Can you manipulate it, or even change it?

G

Invité
you can practice it for sure. i am not very charismatic, but i have learned some tricks to speak to large groups and maintaining their attention, only changing posture, tone of voice and hand gestures. this is the way you "cheat" when there is no natural charisma...those guys you mentioned have natural charisma, and there is no way you can train to beat that!
it is easy to see fakeness in it!
and don't forget that it can serve both sides: luther king wasn't more charismatic than hitler.

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
of course you can't beat that but i mean..
..there has got to be a way to bring out your own tone, your own nature out in a good way.?. just reflect the character and personality to the outer side and amplify it? so i guess every person has charisma but doesn't know how to bring it out? and people more fortune already had that out..?

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Ever thought your wish is just to rock on stage? :twisted: :D

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
No. It's more I want to show the world who I am. Meet people and make my stamp the way I want..

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Whatever you do. Do it with awareness.
if your practice awareness people will notice.

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
We are equal beings.
We all embody the harmonics of energy.
It is how one channels this energy that denotes personification.

In so much, one can operate by factors that appear alien, existential, or superfluous in relation to the self, yet often elicit large scale influence on the structure of the whole, because of ones perceptual abandonment to their modality.
Many of these are linearly indiscernible, and so are ignored as factors not under ones guidance.
This is where the whole nature vs. nurture thing comes back into play, without people considering that both are the same.
Simply arbitrary harmonic resonance.

If one abandons themselves to an ideal or system, and can only function within its parameters, because of complacency, doubt, conviction, ignorance, or unawareness, then one will be ensnared within the perceptual confines of that construct, and all ones emanations will reflect this energetic relationship.

Disposition is a synchronistic and equilibrate filtering of energy through matrices of perception, but these are always open sourced, and one can change their tune with the same dexterity that a musician changes the melody of their instrument.

All one needs is intent. A will to fathom existence beyond structure.

Peace.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
It's always the people who think they have no charisma/talent/whatever that seem to talk about it, instead of working their ass of to cultivate it. So yeah, I do believe that it is something that one can build up.

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
Forkbender a dit:
It's always the people who think they have no charisma/talent/whatever that seem to talk about it, instead of working their ass of to cultivate it. So yeah, I do believe that it is something that one can build up.

yup, and that's where i come in.. with my questions 'how to cultivate it?' etc