Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Permanent Hallucinations

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"i never said i consider myself to be ill,"

You said you have HPPD wich if it exists is an illness , damage caused by taking psychedelics . So either you say you have an illness , mental or physical damage caused by psychedelics or you dont . If you dont you dont have HPPD . If you have HPPD you have mental or physical damage and should go to a doctor .

Psychedelics dont cause mental or physical damage allthough if a person with mental problems takes them he can make his mental problems worse . So if you are ill you are saying you had mental problems before you took the psychedelics that you made worse . So why are you blaming psychedelics ? People with mental problems shouldnt take psychedelics .

If you dont understand that theres no point in me trying to help you anymore .

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
peeniwalli, when you say you have it you're saying you are sick. Because it is a "DSM-IV diagnosis with diagnostic code 292.89".......... it's a "condition", and thus it carries pejorative connotations.

You said yourself you're not worried about it and so I guess we can agree you don't consider yourself sick. This is why GOD tells you to go see a doctor, because you don't need one, yet you're self diagnosing this thing which makes you a sick person who would then indeed need one.

So enough of this; you should instead discuss the fact that we need another term for seeing optical phenomena without the disease connotation.

peeniwalli

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Sept 2008
When we established that hppd might not be real i never once said i had it, when i was talking about my own expiriences i used the quotation marks to express the ironic use of the word so that we didnt have to come up with another one in its place, i now realize its causing some confusion and ill take your advice and from now on ill call it FUV or FUVs (Fucked up visual or fucked up visuals) i dont think its very important.
Im not saying hppd does or does not exist, im not an expert.
I was talking about the possibility that hppd was symtoms of a neurological syndrome like migraine, brought out by the use of psychedelics.
If that is the case then hppd is not caused by mental or physical damage, or is an illness itself, but only symtoms of an illness.
Its not certan what causes migraine, but migraine does cause visual distortions, and some people claim they have cured their migraine with psychedelics, is it impossible it works the other way around sometimes if you are genetically predisposed to getting it?
Not that ive heard of anyone getting migraine from mushrooms, but there are a few talking about FUVs.

peeniwalli

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Sept 2008
I accidently deleted some of my text its supposed to be "if anyone else have a better suggestion ill be happy to use something else, i dont think its very important."

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
The world isnt realy exactly like we see it . Our brain puts a template on it and organises our senses into what we call reality / think we are seeing .

I can look at objects on a table for examople and make them apear to be vibrating / moveing , without them realy changing position . Its just that one can shorten ones focus , concentrate on them and see the effects of the heart beating , pushing blood through our eyes . For example , try to be still . You cant . The body is full of processes that are moveing and making noises . Our brain blocks that all out and presents us with a focused , still picture of the world around us .

I had a heart attack in a plane once and for me everything in front of my eyes apeared to be moveing in a way that wasnt conected like things are in the normal view we have when we open our eyes . It was probably caused by lack of blood / sugar to the brain .

peeniwalli

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Sept 2008
it seems it is not certan what really causes the visual distortions in migraine sufferers, and its not certan what cause the migraine.. that would suggest its pretty hard to determine if or how hppd is caused by psychedelics since its poorly understood how or what area of the brain might be effected.

i found this:

"Our preliminary study demonstrates a significant relationship between visual distortion and visual neuronal activity in migraine. We found that: (1) the migraineurs were highly susceptible to visual distortion and stress, compared with the non-headache controls (Table 1); and, (2) severe visual distortions induced by the linear stimuli in the migraineurs were associated with hyperactivity in the visual cortex. Furthermore, the visual hyperactivity in the migraineurs exhibits: (a) asymmetry between the primary migraine-affected side and the opposite side of the visual cortex; (b) spatial frequency dependency of the linear stimulus; and (c) significant correlation with sensitivity to visual distortion. These data support the notion that visual distortion has a neurological origin."

here: http://www.rad.msu.edu/research/pages/N ... efault.htm

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
Psychoid a dit:
You are posting lies but you aren't aware of it.

What you are describing are normal effects that normal people who have never taken any drug and are mentally sane experience too. Most people never notice it. Psychedelics make us aware of those things, and then sometimes we can have the impression that the substance was the cause, but that's not the case.
i totally agree, this is more or less what i was aiming at

adrianhaffner and i have alot of similar symtoms..i know exactly what he means with the world dissapearing for him, when i watch tv i often experience this...when i focus on the tv everything around me goes black..

i never said that i had hppd, i was more mocking the general idea of it as i have NOT noticed something that was not there before, only finally realized that it was there all along after doing psychedelics, and now i have the ability to control it..