Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Patterns, themes, memes and memoralia

Oknayd

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Mai 2008
Opening towards beauty

'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'

I can remember a time when i was more in touch with the beauty that surrounds us daily. Enjoying a sight, a smell, taste, sound and touch for what it is, observing it in wonder and stillness.
Times have changed, or so did I..Somehow I have seem to developed restlessnes instead of inner peace and acceptance.
The last couple of months i sort of lack in direction or purpose and my self esteem also ain't what it used to be.

I see patterns and themes that run through my life and I think this is another phase in my life where i possibly have to make decisions and take a new path. I haven't used any entheogen for a while, my question to everyone is :

Have you used psychedelics to 'ring in' a new period in your life, or let go of old ways? Or do you use certain techniques to get into another state of mind/perspective.

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
It's generally the circumstances of life that push you into a certain direction. If you resist going in that direction, it may be that you recognize that resistance during a trip and do the needful, even if that involves making difficult or painful choices.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Oknayd a dit:
I can remember a time when i was more in touch with the beauty that surrounds us daily. Enjoying a sight, a smell, taste, sound and touch for what it is, observing it in wonder and stillness.
Times have changed, or so did I..Somehow I have seem to developed restlessnes instead of inner peace and acceptance.
The last couple of months i sort of lack in direction or purpose and my self esteem also ain't what it used to be.

I recognize what you have written here. I think it might have to do with letting go of an old (false) sense of self and getting accustomed to a new one. Psychedelics, if used in a controlled setting for inner exploration, might help you.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Oknayd a dit:
Have you used psychedelics to 'ring in' a new period in your life, or let go of old ways? Or do you use certain techniques to get into another state of mind/perspective.

I personally experience, that I can test a new path in the entheogenic world first to benefit myself with a clearer field of vision about both the positive and negative apects of future time. Because doing my future actions in the entheogenic world, is attached with more real senses and a more sophisticated map. And therefore, truly a learning moment with no actual consequences.

With the gained perception in my mind about the future time, I can pratice it for real in reality with more control, sanity and common sense and less of the unexpected.

I wouldn't recommended to set a specific goal of where you want to finnish before any ingestion. It's not a matter of performing to achieve drawn deadlines.

Being honest with myself and being no one except for a present body and mind. Entering thoughts of my inner realm while being inferior to the psychoactive I took is the basic configuration for all times. Specific mindsets for another timeline are naturally written and coming from this basic platform as the time goes by.

When my life changes, the former mindset might not work so properly as before. That's a time in where I feel less balanced and bright, all I can do is live with the assumption that I am in able to adjust this. It is a sort of challenge to find new bits and bits to obtain an upgraded mindset that fits better with the new time of my life.

Literally taking the substance is no solution, it merely presents an opportunity but it is in no way a substitute for self faith.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Cool drawing 8)

Every moment is a opportunity for change. It's your own choice. Telling yourself over and over again that it's a concious choice, empowers oneself.

(I hope that made sense, I don't want come on like a smart ass)

I did use psychedelics to ring in new periods in my life, and I still am using them to ring in new periods and let go of the old ways.

I know how it sucks, when you have the feeling of having no direction in life.
I think it's easier to let go of the old ways when you have a goal, something you want to achieve.
I believe psychedelics can help you to understand who you are. And if you know who you are, what you want will follows.

Oknayd I know you, and you're a great friend. I enjoyed all the mushrooms trips we had together.
You have a very creative mind, and I am sure something will come on your path that gives you a new direction. Don't listen to much, to what others have to say, they can't give you direction, you have to give it to yourself.
But you already know that.

Love.

:) :heart:

Oknayd

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Mai 2008
Thanks everyone for your replies, i appreciate it.

brugsmania your answer comes very close to my personal view and how i use the experiences with entheogens in my life, i just couldn't verbalize it in such a clearminded manner.(my mind feels a bit fuzzy)

Caduceus, what do you mean by circumstances, the outer world or do you count everything as circumstance? i don't really like the idea being pushed lol

"I heard shoving is worse than pushing but id rather know a shover than a pusher cause a pusher's a jerk"
de la soul ;)

mumu thanks for the kind words, i wish to become more conscious and return to myself, i've been interacting with to much noise surrounding me and made me fear.
I want to partake in this world but it's hard for me to find a way of living that suits me and my deepest values, but hey i guess i'm not the only one eh? ;)

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Oknayd a dit:
Caduceus, what do you mean by circumstances, the outer world or do you count everything as circumstance? i don't really like the idea being pushed lol
A new period in life means a change, and a change usually occurs when the circumstances demand it, or make it possible. And yes, with circumstances I mean everything: personal development (new insights or passions), outside chances or challenges, financial pressures, loss, gain, disillusionment, etc.