Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Papaver specie

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
What specie is this? Is it a Papaver Somniferum?

I know that this Papaver is seeded from seeds from a Papaver Somniferum, at least, the one who seeded it made tea of the poppy's and was really buzzing.

Is it possible to have yellow Papaver Somniferums?
I'm searching the internet, but can't find something about it.

papzm8.jpg

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
If you would have done your research better and compared not only the flowers but also the leaves of the plant you would notice that this is NOT a papaver somniferum...

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
It's a californian poppy if you ask me!

The californian poppy isn't even a papaver specie. Notice the size and shape of the pod, completely different from those of papaver. It's does resemble the Papaver naudicale indeed, but just look that specie up and see the difference in the pods.

Peace.

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
Strange...
The seeds are from somniferum poppy's who are used in tea, and with the opium-like feelings... :roll:

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
Okay, but those leaves do not look like papaver leaves at all! perhaps we see 2 plants, cause I can't see those leaves being attached to the poppies.

+californian poppy is used as a homeopathic herb, to aid in falling asleep and relaxation. It does seem to have narcotic properties, though I have experimented with it and found it hardly worth the trouble.

just googled it, still betting on Californian, but I ain't no botanist... :lol:

Pariah

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Mar 2008
Is that to say you bought them being told it was somniferum?

Unfortunately this thread doesn't allow pics to be uploaded, so I can't show you my somniferum for comparison, but papaver somniferum has single long, waxy leaves with frilled edges, and bulbous seed heads. Whereas the Icelandic has feather-like leaves (if I remember correctly).

You would likely get intoxicated by eating it / the seeds, but the alkaloid profile is likely to be pretty bad for you (moreso than opium that is).

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
Okay you have a point! :roll:

But it aint somniferum that's for sure, and getting high off of nudicaule is impossible, toxic even. So that still doesn't solve it, maybe the friend who got high, is prone to placebo?

Either that or he got high of the seeds, which really were somniferum seeds, but they just didn't do well and so now the spot is infested with the mistery specie?

I dunnow:P

Peace.

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
is it just me .. or isn't the papaver somniferum Red ?? not yellow
I mean that should be a noticeable difference ;) hence ur color blind ofcorse

Pariah

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Mar 2008
^there are loads of colours they come in, I'm growing persian whites at the moment (still papaver somniferum), the colour doesn't necessarily mean it's a different species.

Edit: Although in this case it is a different species..

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
I already know what happened,

This specie were already flowering near a house where this one lives.
The ones that are planted are still growing. ;)

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
this poppy is MECONOPSIS CAMBRICA, known in UK as welsh poppy. its native to France (Pyrenees, Lac D'Oo) and available as a gaden plant. it may contain opium like chemicals but it also contains andromedotoxin. effects the heart nerves! best avoided but pretty enough. ive got some in my garden :!: may also cause nitrite poisoning ut my memorys vague there

Pariah

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Mar 2008
^so it is!

by the way, Where in scotland are you drugless? (if you don't mind me asking).

I used to live in: bonar bridge and alness (highlands), stirling, glasgow and falkirk (central).

Pariah

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
druglessdouglas a dit:
this poppy is MECONOPSIS CAMRICA, known in UK as welsh poppy. its native to France (Pyrenees, Lac D'Oo) and available as a gaden plant. it may contain opium like chemicals but it also contains andromedotoxin. effects the heart nerves! best avoided but pretty enough. ive got some in my garden :!: may also cause nitrite poisoning ut my memorys vague there

Thanks for the information! This is the specie!
But this specie doesn't get the poppy's who look just like the papaver somniferum poppy's right?

Like this:

7ED4AAC9B38464CF8062C9C5E90779C9.jpg

If not, then I'm absolutely sure that the Somniferum's still need to grow a nd that the above specie has grown from seeds that are from an other garden. :D

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
well Pariah i live not too far from alness, but far enough. i wonder if weve met.its a small globe(though youd know me as druggy dougie) :D happymind has the real deal in the above photos though.ps the ones (meconopsis) in my garden came to me in the same way via a well meaning friend.

Pariah

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Mar 2008
Well, I was just 15-16 at the time (2000-2002), went to Invergordon Acadamy, and was about as far removed from the drug scene as its possible to get (brought up mormon), so if you know any mormons in the highlands, I probably know them too.

To HappyMind:

How you get the attachment into this thread? it wont let me (or I don't know the method) - usually I get the option, but it doesn't work in the psychoactive plants threads (annoying since its my favorite area of psychedelics).

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
The picture was already on the internet. I found it via Google.
Just copy and paste the url and place the url between the tags.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
In Thailand the Opium poppys come from white to purple to red .

"How you get the attachment into this thread?"

It probably doesnt take it because its to big . If you resize it with nero photo watsit it should work . At least that was what was hapening to me when i first tried to post fotos .