Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Pablo Amaringo Passes

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
by Morgan Maher

The world of art has lost a truly original visionary – a seer in all senses of the word. I think we all join together in wishing him a safe passage to the other side of the river…--Laurence Caruana

Legendary shaman, teacher and artist Don Pablo Amaringo died on the 16th of November in Pulcallpa, Peru after a lengthy battle with illness.

Born in 1943 in Puerto Libertad, in the Peruvian Amazon, he was ten years old when he first took ayahuasca. A severe heart illness--and the magical treatment of this via ayahuasca--led Pablo toward the life of a shaman, and he eventually became a powerful curandero

pablo_amaringo-beings_of_the_vegetation1.jpg

In 1977, Pablo abandoned his vocation as a shaman. He became a painter and art instructor at his Usko-Ayar school, where there was no charge for the students to learn painting from Pablo.

Renowned for his intricate, colourful depictions of his ayahuasca visions, he was first brought to the West's attention by Dennis McKenna and Luis Eduardo Luna, who met Pablo in Pucallpa while working on an ethnobotanical project. Amaringo and Luna later produced the book Ayahuasca Visions: The Religious Iconography of a Peruvian Shaman.

Before he passed away, he was working on paintings of angels, as well as paintings that documented the flora and fauna of Peru.

source

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Pablo_Amaringo-Pregnant-by-an-Anaconda.jpg

pablo_amaringo-huarmi-nahui_sm1.jpg

172.jpg

R.I.P.

Icelus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Oct 2007
R.I.P.

The paintings he made were really beautiful.

krasojazdec

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Nov 2009
R.I.P Pablo
He sounds like a very interesting man. To bad he passed on. I think his work is very beautiful though.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
wow i really like that last one

ToToro

Inscrit
30 Mai 2006
O_O

He comes in France last 4 years to expose his paint and speak about chamanism, he was a really good and interisting guy... RIP.