Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Opium Poppies

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
I'm curious about the legal status of Papaver Somniferum (Opium Poppy) in Canada. I'm aware that making a drug from them is illegal, but what about growing them. Is it illegal just to have them in your garden?

Now before anyone links me to the page on Erowid, I've looked and it was a bit vague. There was no legality section for the poppies but it did mention "federal law" (which to me implies US law) in one small post about cultivation and manufacture. What it didn't mention was an actual law about the poppy itself, specifically for Canada. If anyone can help me with this I'd greatly appreciate it. Aside from any drug use, they really are a pretty flower. ;)

skoeip

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
usually if they are intended for ornamental purpose governments tend to turn a blind eye and not prosecute people that are growing them.

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
That was my thought, but if I'm going to grow them outdoors I'd like to know that the cops couldn't just (legally) walk up and arrest me for them.