Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

offtopic multipost forum rules blablabla

restin

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
stop spamming Ahua, seriously

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
This is not spam.

To say someone is spamming when he is merely trying to make a point is disrespectful and offensive.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
if he is making a point, he should make it in 1 post. double or even multiposts are not wanted on any forum. And you are in the minority with your mentality that you can make points without proving them...

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Slow down a bit too, each one chooses his own windows and pencils to set out what's on his mind. We better have an unaffected debate about the index of the subject.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
if he is making a point, he should make it in 1 post. double or even multiposts are not wanted on any forum.
We don't demand that from anybody. In fact we prefer that people post a new message rather than repeatedly edit the first. The different writings and posting of images and videos were mostly well spaced, as you can see.

All times are GMT - 1 Hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 19:24

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 20:18

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 0:30

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 0:41

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 0:48

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:43

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:52

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:32

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:38

This cannot be considered spamming or otherwise against the forum rules.

Hey... I just noted: the forum rules have been updated! Mutual respect and peace. :D

As far as me being a minority around here: I'm also a minority in the larger society. I can live with it. :wink:

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I did not consider it spamming considering the forum rules but considering my view of what is seen as a reasonable post, and what not. About the minority stuff: it is not about people being "different" - but in a discussion, if you want one, it is important to have common ground. Imagine a dispute between the pope and richard dawkins - that's how not to do it. Therefore I still would prefer not to give anyone the rights of not needing to prove anything...

G

Invité
restin a dit:
Therefore I still would prefer not to give anyone the rights of not needing to prove anything...

Actually, proving the facts your putting forward is like the basis of any constructive discussion, but the sad thing is that he's not in the least interested by that.

And multi-posting should be avoided, especially when everything could be done in one post. This is a common rule of ALL the boards I went on.

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
Tiax a dit:
And multi-posting should be avoided, especially when everything could be done in one post. This is a common rule of ALL the boards I went on.

Agreed, I've seen it multiple times, people adding another message after the other while they could easilly editted the first....

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
What do YOU think ?

I think you are down the rabbit hole once again.

{edit} Multiposting was covered in our forum rules before. I don't think it is necessary per se, but I don't like reading 10 posts by one member in succession.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
restin a dit:
in a discussion, if you want one, it is important to have common ground. Imagine a dispute between the pope and richard dawkins - that's how not to do it. Therefore I still would prefer not to give anyone the rights of not needing to prove anything...
The thing is, if I write something about a book I just read or a video I saw, it's not necessarily meant as an argument, much less to cause a dispute. We are explorers here, and often I simply invite others to explore something with me. Or I want to get their feedback to see if my views need adjustment.

Like everyone else around here, I love proof. For example, when a certain research shows that a vaporizer releases less toxic particles than a bong, I become very enthusiastic about such data. I do read, and often post, research results. I even demand it where it's appropriate (for example, in the letter that was published in the Metro newspaper last month I requested that the Dutch government does a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study into the effects of cannabis on driving skills, before they introduce saliva tests).

But we all know research is expensive, and only funded when it's lucrative for certain wealthy parties. Hence we don't have much proof when it comes to psychedelics, psychology, spirituality and so forth. Yet these ARE things we are all interested in around here. We cannot halt discussions about these matters until all the proof or facts are in, because that could take decades, if not centuries. Besides, some things are really difficult to prove, while they can easily be experienced personally.

Last but not least, I have a fulltime job and lots of personal responsibilities. I do not have much time to engage in lengthy arguments. When the views of Stan Grof resonate with me, I have the right to talk about that and ask people questions about their lives. In doing so I'm not obliged to prove anything. If you want proof, you can contact the researcher himself. He's alive and well. You can also read his books first.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
Tiax a dit:

Agreed, I've seen it multiple times, people adding another message after the other while they could easilly editted the first....
You've seen it multiple times because...despite of what Tiax writes it's not a rule on this board. A while ago many of you said this forum doesn't need rules at all, or that the rules we have are sufficient, so why are you complaining now?

And why is this so much worse than what took place in the "word association" thread, or in some of the music or humor threads?

If someone did it every single day, I might agree with you, but if it happens once in a while, I see no reason to complain or call it spam.

Forkbender a dit:
but I don't like reading 10 posts by one member in succession.
Others will say they don't like reading a single post that's too long, or that's edited too frequently. But whether repeatedly edited or devided into separate installments, you don't have to read the posts at all. This topic was started by Ahuaeynjxs, and you should all know by now what to expect.

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
I'm feeling a split topic coming up...

Fuck man.... psychonaut mods are kings at derailing topics

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
lol....I don't believe anyone will ever split anything here...

and space...if you claim this thread is going off-topic, why don't you go on-topic again if you are so interested in that...?

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
restin a dit:
and space...if you claim this thread is going off-topic, why don't you go on-topic again if you are so interested in that...?

I'm not the slightest bit interested in the whole signs of the nw fucking o topic, I'm just wondering, do we have forum rules or not? And are we going to mod by them or not?

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I thought splitting a thread of Ahua was a sacrilege?

Space: this is a decision of the mods, I don't know.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
You guys have turned into radicals or some other formula than the golden mean...

I mean really ?

Splitting my thread about suicide was not sweet just because it was philosophical, while the thread I posted now was meant to be practical, it's not changed by the spliting (whomever did it)...

Since I am young I try to fight division and conquerance tought forms, and I try to ask people for help, for encouragements, and it ends up in non-physical violence ? I took it personally... makes my whole intention reverse...

This wasn't a NWO thread... you haven't read it well. The NWO is a diversion tactics for the war that is hapening NOW in cyberspace... I mentioned that quite clearly if you have ears to hear. Something connects cyberspace and lucid dreamspace, I also said that...

If you are not interested, it can only serve to show you have closed your mind... that you are not "exploring" as a psychonaut, merely jumping from kind of flowers you know, and following a hive mind. It's a physical phenomenon, the body produces homeostasis then it "looks" in the distance, for something, poesy, philosophy... something that will make it go "aaah!" these moments is food for our souls.