Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

oaxaca, mexico, fighting (and dying) for bread and freedom,

alice

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
9 Juil 2003
against poverty and repression, the people of oaxaca (a mexican city and a state, with 3 million inhabitants) has barricated itself about 3 weeks ago, as a result of years of miserable condictions, and finally the goverment wanting to privatize education.
last i heard there were 20 deaths, including children, a reporter from indymedia new york (brad will), shot while he was filming, and many people arrested and missing, but the state police still can't manage to get in to the city. the people remain united!
there are many images and news about what's going on available on indymedia, but the main stream media is completly ignoring this major revolt from the people and the killings from the state police.

take a look at http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=u ... &scoring=d

if you're dutch check

www.indymedia.nl/ander

alice

Ilian

Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
yeah, both indymedia and oaxaca rock!
ive been following the events too, and its really a revolution going on over there!
the big media is not covering any of this!

i dont watch the commercial news myself, so i talked about it with some colleages some days ago.. i was very suprised to learn that they didnt hear anything about it!

MindAstronaut

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
10 Juin 2006
This indy media is really giving a good few of the situation in oaxaca, i hope that this news is going to reach the crowd so this grazy act from the govnerment of mexico can come to a stop, and that the people can choose there own fair state.

I hate the news on tv cous its only givin you a tiny bit of whats really going on in the world.

I think indymedia is a good alternative and gives a clean on things that are going on , thank you for your site :D

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
the big media is not covering any of this!

That's true - I haven't heard of it anywhere! And I thought german news channels were better than the american news... guess I was wrong...

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
Very sad that this issue hasn't been on any major newschannels. Getting more disappointed about (the Dutch) media every day.

alice

Inscrit
9 Juil 2003
it's an ongoing thing, going on right now, more people dying, etc, but not important enough... anyway... revolution some day.

until then we will hear (not!) about the very important football matches and so on.

alice :?

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
anyway... revolution some day.

It won't be avoidable. Capitalism is a fuckin monster that feeds on people and their souls. It won't get any better until the time is right to start the global revolution.

alice

Inscrit
9 Juil 2003
that's right, resistance is pretty useless, but still i can't bear the fact that there are people struggling for their right to live to a point that they don't care anymore if they live or die in the struggle.

for them it's very important that we are aware of what's going on, and show them our support in whatever little/big way we can do so.

alice :heart:

some photos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/revolucionoaxaca/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/puntoyaparteoaxaca/

alice

Inscrit
9 Juil 2003
The last news i could find, pretty much updated:

Oaxaca, the city in resistance, erupts after PFP attacks marching demonstrators, arresting over a hundred, killing three.

click here for article updates
November 27, 2006 - Simon Fitzgerald writes: What was supposed to be a peaceful eight-mile march to the Oaxaca City Center from the offices of the repudiated Governor of Oaxaca Ulises Ruiz ended in violent confrontations that spiraled into a five hour battle between police and protesters this past Saturday. This confrontations started less than an hour after the start of a “48 hour peaceful siege

Jakobien

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
Kwarkfanaat a dit:
Very sad that this issue hasn't been on any major newschannels. Getting more disappointed about (the Dutch) media every day.

So true.
I did research on Indymedia and it proved (once more) that Indymedia is not taken seriously by the mainstream media. In resarching whether the news on IM reaches the mainstream... It turned out that pretty much the only articles published by them were about Indymedia servers, photo scandals etc.

This Oaxaca situation is also new to me... How are the chances that Mexico is heading towards a left government, like so many other S-A countries? Will one day a tribeman (or woman) become president of Mexico?
:roll: