Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Not too trippy

mindfukked

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Fev 2008
Apparently Salvia is a crazy powerful drug, but I'm really confused by it. I never heard much about it except it was like weed but didn't last as long and could make people freak out. I've had some invitations to come smoke it but was always unable to. Then I found a vial of 10x in my moms room with _____ (<-brainfart =P uh, that grid like thing in pipes to make sure stuff doesn't fall through?) so yeah, load all that up into my pipe and took two deep hits.

I wasn't tripping. My body became very.. physical and aware. It's like each part of me had its own set of energy and I just wanted to move.. all of me. It created a tension I could feel in all of my muscles and the only relief I found was spinning in circles in my room until I fell. Also, I felt there was a dialogue in my head.. but it was the Salvia.. like Salvia had a voice and was able to hear my inner voice as well.

And Salvia was kind of mocking me and I called a friend to tell her a message from Salvia just so she could remind me about it and tell me about it later cause I knew I probably wouldn't remember to mention it if I didn't.

I know that sounds like I was tripping.. but I don't know. I was still "here." And I still had a normal thought process, I just had an extra voice up in my head and was unable to sit still for the life of me. I don't know if I did something wrong or if I did not smoke enough of it or what but I'm having trouble understanding peoples reaction to salvia, the mere mention of the word in front of an ex boyfriend and his eyebrows were 3 inches above his head and he jumped up with this huge smile like "What do you know about Salvia?!?" and I've seen that reaction with other people talking about it as well. I really didn't think it was all that nuts.

buffachino

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
Do some reading here
Salvia is nothing like ‘weed’
Every substance is unique,
Don’t listen to the pseudo information your friends might tell you, and do some research to find out for yourself.

mindfukked

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Fev 2008
Well I did read up on it on the internet, most sites don't go into much detail about what the experience is really like, and the ones that do - I didn't have that kind of experience at all.

G

Invité
from what i understood from what you wrote, it is a typical SD experience. don't expect that people feel and think the same things as you did, but the overall situation and trip is the same. read some light trip reports on erowid and search through it, and you will find it so.
why do you think that you had such a unique experience ?

mindfukked

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Fev 2008
I don't really think that it was a unique experience, just that I did not get the full blown effect that I was thinking of. I was happy I did not freak out, didn't even feel myself leaning towards freak out or panic or anything like that.. I just did not feel out of my head at all. The effects Idid get were unique in that I've never gotten something similar from any other drug, but I do think that I feel more of a difference from smoking a bowl of good old marijuana.

And I like the feeling better too. It was interesting though, and perhaps in the future I'll experiment more with Salvia. Not with this stuff though, I think the cherry flavored smells and tastes pretty gross. I want to try leaves, or maybe a full bowl instead of just enough for two or three hits. I definitely still want to try the leaves though.

Also I read somewhere on this forum that your body has to learn how to break down SD and that the first few times you try it it may not affect you as hard? I am admittedly young and although probably more exp. than most people my age I still have a lot to learn, but that didn't make much sense to me. With any other drug I've tried the first few times, first time especially, are when that substance hit me the hardest and I noticed the most differences within myself.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
What you described is definitely tripping, man. I've never done salvia myself. But from what I've read is a very strange, unique thing. Your experience reminds me of other anecdotes, where people seem to get a kind conscience of the salvia itself, they sound like referring to a person, must times.

I have too felt "voices" or "personalities" in my head. Kind of like hearing your different mind-parts or bits that form your consciousness, but in my case it was still "me." Like a facet of mine... I can say that at some time I kind of got into an argument with one of this parts. he/it/whatever questioned me of why I took lsd in the first place, like why I had to do this, isn't it enough with your current experience, like I had many reasons to be grateful and satisfied and so on .... so I was the other side, the experimenting, adventurous side, perhaps, the one that knew I was reasonably safe, lots of people have gone through this... but at the time I was peaking and I felt really bad about it!!! I thought the argument had a point, like in the sense of "testing" myself, perhaps dangerously. I even imagined the other me and it was kicking me repeatedly while I was lying in my bed, I knew it was my imagination, helping to make the scene all the more dramatic! to the point of bringing me down to tears..... But I survived :) and now it seems ridiculous :rolleyes:

but it was very very interesting.... to say the least :) and I felt very good afterwards!

G

Invité
mindfukked, are you female or male ?
you didn't get the full-blown effects because you did too little. but it is better to have a small trip first, so you can have a taste of what is it like, than to have a heavy trip and throw yourself from your window. go for smaller amounts, and when you want to try larger ones, have a sitter with your, because SD has this amazing capability of erasing your memory and when you are tripping hard, you don't know what you are doing.
and what you told about the reverse tolerance it is true. the first times are harder to get a trip. when you get used to it, it is very easy to reach salvia land and have a nice trip. i don't know about heavy trips, since i only had one once, and i didn't liked it, because i passed out (or slept, i don't know), and remembered nothing. i really enjoy the medium dosage, when you melt with your surroundings, and have all sorts of CEV's and auditive hallucinations.

mindfukked

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Fev 2008
In response to ???????? (totally had to copy&paste that), that sounds pretty terrifying. I never had anything like that happen to me on LSD and I don't know how well I would handle literally kicking myself. I'm glad it was alright in the end though, that's the great thing abut scary trips, they're always over eventually. You just have to hope not too much (or not any at all!) damage is done.

Unless you've heard the 'Orange juice boy' story, I'd say he got tipped over a long time ago.

Anddd I am a girl, 17, senior in highschool and having a pretty good time with that. I don't think I'll be trying Salvia again any time soon, I've only done it when other things I'd rather do were unobtainable and my moms closet was just a short walk away. However thankyou for the information, it will definitely help with my next experience with SD.

G

Invité
i don't know why, but you "sounded" like a female to me, and when phillipos said

What you described is definitely tripping, man.

sounded real strange, and i wanted to be sure :) i don't know why i got that feeling, but anyway...
don't do SD just because "other things" are unavailable, because she will treat you real bad and beat you up real bad. it must be treated with respect.
cheers and welcome to the forum!

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
hey you're quite the observant, daytripper..

welcome to the forum, mindfukked :)