Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

No link between marijuana and lung cancer

Spidi

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Juil 2006
The largest study of its kind has unexpectedly concluded that smoking marijuana, even regularly and heavily, does not lead to lung cancer.

Tashkin's study, funded by the National Institutes of Health's National Institute on Drug Abuse, involved 1,200 people in Los Angeles who had lung, neck or head cancer and an additional 1,040 people without cancer matched by age, sex and neighborhood.

Link:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... pe=science

Read it and indulge yourself. I'm sure I will. :D

????????

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
OH many thanks, I was waiting for a study of this kind had to emerge!

The new findings "were against our expectations," said Dr. Donald Tashkin, a UCLA pulmonologist who has studied marijuana for 30 years.

"We hypothesized that there would be a positive association between marijuana use and lung cancer and that the association would be more positive with heavier use," he said. "What we found instead was no association at all, and even a suggestion of some protective effect."

I think this is very nice and just wanted to quote it here nice and bold and all so more people read it and realize the truth.

Federal health and drug enforcement officials have widely used Tashkin's previous work on marijuana to make the case that the drug is dangerous.

This shouldn't be news to anyone. Studies by this "officials" have always been biased and ill-conceived, going so far as literally fumigating animals in labs with ridiculous amount of cannabis smoke "to prove why it is so dangerous", I assume. Assholes.

Tashkin said that while he still believes marijuana is potentially harmful, ...

On what basis? why is this guy's opinion the opposite of what his tests show? "against [his] expectations" as he says.

... its cancer-causing effects appear to be of less concern than previously thought.

Oh please! he's struggling to admit it! he just has to twist things around, this study shouts that cannabis is pretty harmless related to cancer, but he just has to say that is "less evil than previously thought."

the fact that marijuana users inhale more deeply and generally hold smoke in their lungs longer than tobacco smokers -- exposing them to the dangerous chemicals for a longer time

I don't know how this shabby argument keeps popping up everywhere. It's nonsense if you think 10 seconds about it. It compares marijuana and tobacco smokers, avoiding mentioning that the second ones smoke much much more. pfft.

Anyway I'm glad this studies are finally done.. although it doesn't seem like it :wink:

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Smoke it pure! Many assumptions and diagnoses are based on mixed stuff.

Believe me, expantion of your bloodvessels is not bad if you keep yourself warm.

The tobacco lobby, pharmaceutical industry, and plastic industry along with many others dosn't want weed to be acknowledged as excellent material.

I do exercises on a heavy level, my physical peaks are not influenced by the inhalations of weed and neither does decrease my lung capacity in it's oxygen transport and the amount it can pick up at once.

Also, pot is a stimulant! The whole perception of weed making passive is based on joints with tabacco. 'Cause cigarrets narrow the blood vessels and weed expands them. So this contraproductive command takes a lot for the body and it's energy to remove the substances. Since your brains are using the most carbohydrates (energy source) you'll lose concentration and the ability to store information. But pure weed allows you to pick up even more info at once withinm a short time! And draws your attention to stuff which is usually seen as boring.

I have never noticed skin hydration either, but with tabacco I noticed this already after 3 cigs.

Pure weed isn't as addictive as mixed joints, 'cause pure weed is smoked to do activities with more extended passion and raises your sensories. It's like a planned moment. All that's incoming within the brain is experienced way more intense and subtle. That's why it feels great before listening to music, or have sex hehe.

The smoking habit on it's own is merely the form of ingestion, and should be seperated from the whole addictive habit of tabacco smokers who need to keep their nicotine levels in the blood due to their addiction.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
I agree.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Me 3 .

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Nice to see this research being published in a mainstream paper.. i wonder if it will get the same attention as that negative article that circulated a few months ago based on what.. 14 people or something?

chemikolik

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
16 Déc 2007
:roll: Ive been smokin' for far too long now and just the thought that weed could actually be benificial to your lungs is fuckin uplifting. We used to have buckets with resin when we couldn't get any green, a bucket being the old 2ltr bottle with the bottom cut off from about an inch up it, fill a bucket 'hence the name' with water to just under the top, find a foil milkbottle lid, 'failing that just ordinary kitchen foil will do folded over atleast 4 times if its the cheap shit or it burns through the foil' A milkbottle lid is perfect though, just place it onto the mouth piece of the bottle,with no lid on the bottle, press the lid into the neck of the bottle slightly makin sure not to put your finger through it or push it into far and end up with the gauze being far too deep, aslong as their is enuf foil left hangin over the sides of the mouthpiece, using your fingerz mould the excess foil around the bit of the neck of the bottle that you can reach with the foil lid, rub fingers around to make it seal but yet still posssible to either twist off at the right momenr or just take it off if its a little bit lose, when uve done all that and the 'now foil gauze' nicely fittd all thats left to do is put plenty of holes in the foilgauze with a small pin like a map pin or something, safety pin, syringe, 'lol' what eva.When finished you should have your typical home made gauze, the nxt part is the ingredients but thats down to personal tases. I personally think skunk is far better in a joint than a bucket, where as if things have gone seriously wrong and everywhere is dry of weed but theirs some solid knocking about it is by far the best way for getting the nicest and strongest buzz possible out of something that if smoked in spliffs would taste shite to the tweed and your constantly skinning up. This way when we first tried it me and my best mate who were just guessin that just 1gram of draw mixed with one dried out ciggarette,the easy way to do it is use a small tin a'bacca tin' works aslong as theirs no paint on the inside, dry the bacca out first making sure not to burn it, then burn the draw in as you would do if you were burnin it to put in a bifta, then mix it alll together with your fingertips, then heat up the tin with both ingredients in and repeat the mixing toogether between the finger tips, now it should be blended together suffitiantly enough to ensure each bucket pulled has the same amount of drugs :? as the one before it. Place the 2ltr bottle with bottom inch cut off and place the gauze on after, otherwise it blows off with the air pressure coming out the bottle as the water fills it as you push it down. Make sure the bottles not gonna keep falling over everytime you let go, place one pinch of the mix into the gauze on the bottle in the water (-; place a flame above the lid/gauze so its touching and with your other hand(if you have one(;)start to ease the bottle out of the water keeping the lighter on te lid until the mix is fully lit in the lid, pull the bottle up to just underneath the top of the wter leavin just enuf of the bottlle in the bucket of water to ensure no smoke escapes, while doing this you need to be removing the lid and puttin it out the way, place ur hand ontop of the 'now open bottle mouth' lace lips around it forming a tight seal then push down and suck the smoke straight dwn into your lungs at the same time, if you push dwn quicker than your sucking up it can send the water over the top and wet u, if u suck faster than you are pushin dwn you are liable to get a mouth full of bucket water, which dont taste too good when youv'e smokd a few mixes with it. Ive had some amphetamine or fet as we call it here and all I wanted to mention was after having these mixes using 2ltr bottles, it only took a few buckets pulled before all the tar and wotnot turned the clear bottle brown in no time and I always used to imagine that bottle to be a representation of the amount of tar and shit that goes into those tiny air sacks our lungs are made of. So back to the original post, if :?: all that time I was helping my lungs then "fuck it , think it's time for a Bucket" :idea: if anyone reads all this I will stick a cocktail stick dwn me japs eye cos even though every word is true everyone who smokes knows this anyway, Ive just wasted another half hr of my time on nothing in particular, its the vodka, with the fet it just mkes super fet. not ice :shock: :idea: tho. :shock: