Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

New farms?

faithless

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
3 Août 2007
imagesmiguf8.jpg

This is what the farms of the future may look like. The professor Dick Despommier from the university of Columbia says that "in 50 years, there will not be 6 600 000 000 people to feed, but 9 500 000 000. There will not be enough space to feed them all and we have to find a new solution".

(not a sic translation, I apologize ^^ )

Anyway, the guy says it could be great for the environment as we will be able to get new forests to grow instead of food, which could reduce the amount of CO² rejected in the atmosphere.

What do you think about that?

Lion

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
bullshit.
i'm pretty sure this initiative will never be realised.

But he's got a good point on the forest-thing.

faithless

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
3 Août 2007
Lion a dit:
bullshit.
i'm pretty sure this initiative will never be realised.

But he's got a good point on the forest-thing.

I think the forest-thing is more commercial than good. Those 3 billion people will need a place to live. Those forest will never appear, but instead we'll see new towns grow.

I'm hoping this initiative will never be realised, cause i'm sure it will be BADLY realised. Otherwise it could be nice yeah.

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
Why do you think it will be realised badly?
the thought is nice, and it could be realisable.. with a fuckload of money..

faithless

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
3 Août 2007
Because as I said, imho forests won't replace cultures. The main aim of all this is the output, which is not a value I like.

Ans sadly, I am so disapointed by all the new things that are supposed to improve our everyday life that I can't convince myself those farms will bring us something really good.

I mean, what can replace a real farm, a farmer and his family helping him out, and NATURE?

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
Reminds me of one of those generating towers from the machine world in the matrix.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Quite unlikely that this will be realised because the entire Western world should do a major step back in their economical growth. And even have to undergo a decrease and change back in time if they want a REAL fair balance in the world for every individual with 9.5 billion.

The world has already a limited carrying capacity, and it's the humans nature to invest in himself rather than to serve the collective. We are not ants.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
are we not ants??? i am not so sure ...

hmm what about teaching all humans to live of sun energy... i heard about a swiss (??) chemist who found out he could gather sun energy in his body and somehow use it as a replacent for food. thats also what some indians say...
couldn't some of those cloners just elaborate a gland and clone it and implant it in everyone... plants can do it so humans can too ... :D

so food would be like an additive but the essential energy would be drawn from the sun...

also have you heard that in tokyo they want to build a plane of concrete OVER the city because they have no space???

sick shit is this ...

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
BrainEater a dit:
hmm what about teaching all humans to live of sun energy... i heard about a swiss (??) chemist who found out he could gather sun energy in his body and somehow use it as a replacent for food. thats also what some indians say...
couldn't some of those cloners just elaborate a gland and clone it and implant it in everyone... plants can do it so humans can too ... :D

so food would be like an additive but the essential energy would be drawn from the sun...

also have you heard that in tokyo they want to build a plane of concrete OVER the city because they have no space???

sick shit is this ...

a very vague post :lol:
post some links please :>

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
err someone told me that :D so if you want a link i have to research first.

well but for the ants thing its real... look at it from a far out perspective... a plane might do it too... and then think about the comparison again ;)

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
"in 50 years, there will not be 6 600 000 000 people to feed, but 9 500 000 000. There will not be enough space to feed them all and we have to find a new solution".

If the western world stopped eating half a cow and a whole pig per person per day (I'm exaggerating, I know) then maybe the natural farmland will suffice for 9 500 000 000 people...