Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Negativity, and what to do with it.

GregAndrsn

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Fev 2011
hoy goys.

We all have a bit of negativity, contained from years of living in our countries next to people who have to get to their cubicle on time and don't give a damn about you. Or next to that drunk that doesn't give a shit, or that shitty driver that makes us all pissed off, or on a more serious note, those that hurt us intentionally. Most of us have experienced some kind of bullying at an early age - I think everyone has, so we learn it, whether we wanted to or not.

I have been trying to be a 'good' person for the past two, three years now, in a spiritual sense but i find myself constantly judging others, mostly in a negative way. I always catch myself, and try to changemy view point but it is hard to change my entire judgemental attitude.

The board has been loaded with a lot of 'i'm better than you' attitude in some way or another, including from me, and I want to work to abolish this type of stuff. I often get in the heat of the moment and even after a waiting a day between an arguement I can still be bitter! This shouldn't be.

We are all psychonauts here. We're here for introspection and building our self-perception - whether that is destroying, monitoring, or enlightening the ego. We preach all you need is love, yet we often expel a cruel sludge upon others (again myself included).

I don't want anymore of that guys and girls. We all need to follow ourselves and what we really represent. The first step is to alter emotion, take off the anger goggles. The next step is to toss them out.

ok?

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
Amen. Litteraly.

I freely admit the only reason I am not a total ass hole is because of God. He keeps me in check and often smacks me upside the head when I slip. He doesnt want that. He wants what you want. But I am human and he doesnt treat me like a robot so I make an ass of myself and I hurt people from time to time because of it. I show remorse and I feel sorry and I do my best to apologize but even then emotions are emotions and the more we try to supress them the worse they get so its better to put off dealing with a situation until those emotions are more under control then trying to fly back in even to apologize.

I know this from experience. I have felt sorry for things I have said in the past and then I have flown back into apologize only to trample all over my own apology because the person didnt take it the way I thought they would. Much better to be of full sober mind at an emotional level before doing that kind of thing.

I'll make my official apology here for Crimzen for the bullshit remark in that other thread. That was wrong. I got heated and I took personally something that is your/his personal pain. He has a right to that pain more then likely. Someone has probably abused him and slapped a Jesus Bumper Sticker on it to claim they had a right to say what they said. Ive had that done to me and Ive seen lots of 'Christians' do it.

We all make mistakes but there are also people out there who just dont 'get it' in whatever religion they are in and for some reason the Christian religion attracts I think except for maybe muslim a much larger amount of 'anger' based people. Its like Ive been trying to regularly say. Religion is a fail state, its faith and relationship that sets you straight!

With that Ive spent my time in the Christian 'religion' and it can be very evil and judgemental and I realized after I said that that that was what he/you was firing against and not me personaly. If you truly knew me Crimzen, truly knew what *I* stood for, what *I* believed in you wouldnt think that way atleast about me. Maybe you might move a little more closer to being open minded about Jesus as a person and not as a religion, maybe not, but clearly I made things worse by that remark instead of better and to that I apologize not for the sake of trying to save face but for the sake of hoping you'll find comfort at some point and some time against whoever did whatever to you when. (I guess I am assuming something like that but I havnt yet to date found anyone that just 'grew up' anti-Christian unless they were taught that way by someone or had something happen to them or someone they know.)

So again.

I apologize Crimzen for what I said about bullshit.

So again.

So again.

And thats to make sure its seen.

Crimzen

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
peace love and understanding?
haha

im a pretty relaxed kinda guy, i'll admit when i say things or type them sometimes when i read it back it sounds more...sharp, than i had intended
i just have a problem with certain things, schwanke not everything is emotional, i've never been 'hurt' by the church i've just seen its effects on the world and on individuals
i could go on but it will turn to negativity and thats not what this thread is about

im happy that you realised i wasnt attacking you personally when i said that about christianity
and i just used it as an example, i could have said islam or something but i dont want a fatwa on my head
i have problems with organized religions in general

i didnt grow up anti-christian, i just didnt grow up christian, theres a huge difference as im sure you know
i developed my disdain for it at a later age
when i was a bit younger and a bit more naive i decided i believed in the norse gods (because of cultural heritage) but one day i realised i was fooling myself and ive been better off since then

I'll apologize for letting the 'all roads lead to prison' thread get a little bit out of hand

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
Peace! Yo! lol.

Ok I think we're gettin somewhere lol.

Part of 'the/my' problem is that "Christ" in terms of Jesus the Supreme Being permeates EVERYTHING I do. So like right then I went to write: "I am praying about when and where to respond in the threads that already exist." but then do I not say that because "pray" is a hot button word and you/someone might take it as me trying to lead the conversation back to talking about God?

The problem is EVERYTHING that I do revolves around God. I pray before, during and after every iota of every drug that I do short of sugar and caffeine. I pray when I get up in the morning, I pray before I go to bed, I pray while I eat (not just before), I pray while I drive, I pray in the shower, I pray while taking a shit and piss, I pray while I type, I'm praying now. So if I am praying nearly if not 24/7 then what do I do when I want to say "I will pray.." in an environment where prayer to my particular God is frowned upon?

I might as well say nothing and walk away from the board. In a sense I am doing half of that by walking away from the God threads for the moment and trying to let them peace out for a bit cuz its just overwhelming and too many hot topics all at once in one place.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
thats a fairly extreme way to live man

i dont care what religion you belong to, you can do as you wish
i just dont think its necessary to incessantly subject others to your religious view, especially in threads on the forum that arent related to religion
i have absolutely no problem with making a few religious threads and talking all of that stuff over in those, thats great, i find religion a very interesting topic i just dislike its impact on society

itsscience

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
7 Oct 2010
To get back to the topic and away from religion, again, I think one of the ways to reduce the negativity that you feel is to truly realise that you are not the reason people do things.

More often than not the way people act and what they say is as a result of something that has happened to them earlier in their lives or some belief they hold that is not connected to you. So many of our knee jerk emotional responses are as a result of shit we are not even conscious of that developed in us between the ages of about 2 - 8. I know it happens to me all the time and was the cause of the demise of my marriage. My wife would say something to me like "can I help you with your business?" because she could see I was stressed and she just wanted to help me but I didn't see that. What I heard was, "you're not good enough at your job" because I grew up with a very critical and domineering Father and nothing I ever did was good enough for him so I became over sensitive and retreated to that part of my mind that developed the defence mechanisms to protect myself from his criticisms. For the same reasons people become the class clown or the fighter or whatever.

This is a great thread topic and I think it is important to be aware of our emotions because as Greg says, we are in control of them. It is much easier to control our emotions once we understand what it is that is really creating them.

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
Schwankee who or what is 'Jesus the Supreme Being'? Is it a specific person? ie Jesus of Nazereth

GregAndrsn

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Fev 2011
There is nothing wrong with showing emotion, but to cast it on the person of conversation is not what should be done.

Show emotion, but don't hit with it.

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
Thread's goin all over the place but hey the Thread that can be known is not the true Thread. :D

1. Jesus (two comments to respond to).

Anytime any person talks on a forum they immediately subject everyone else to their opinion. Even if its a question they are subjecting the other person to the idea that they have a question about something.

Your currently subjecting me to the idea that I shouldnt be subjecting people to my religion.

Other people subject other people to their personal beliefs about the weather.

Etc. Etc. Talking on a forum is 100% about subjecting people to your beliefs.

Now what would you do if someone told you your subjecting them too too much talk about psychedelic things. Then it started to happen everywhere you went and everyone you met. That every time you remotely hinted at the fact that you enjoyed psychedelic things people immediately started telling you to stop talking about your religion so much. Thats what I get EVERYWHERE.

NOW! What would you do if you had such a deep personal powerful moving experience with psychedelics that it changed your core EXISTENCE and that you could no longer even conceive of how its possible that you existed WITHOUT that experience? (This is usually known as a 'religious experience', well now call the psychedelic experience a religion and you have a psychedelic religious experience) if you were even ABLE to not talk about it then it obviously wasnt as moving as you thought it was.

A true 'religion' psychedelic or otherwise permeates your whole existence. If you go for one iota of your life NOT thinking about that religion in some way or another then you are NOT a devout follower of that religion. If you can put your psychedelic experiences up on a shelf and take them out on the weekends to play with for a few hours then your just a trippy toy person and not a true psychonaut. Not a true 'follower' of the 'psychedelic religion'.

Now. Add to that that after someone has started to move into experiences with their religion, they begin to realize that the religion is missing a key ingredient and that is authenticity. That there is something lacking. Its nice to smoke a few bowls of 20x salvia on the weekend but after a while its just another thing to do. But THEN during one of your experiences you MEET someone on another PLANE and develop a relationship with that someone. NOW every time you smoke salvia you end up talking to that person and over time you begin to even talk to that person smoking less or even none at all.

Thats FAITH and RELATIONSHIP. Religion is just ideas and beliefs, faith and relationship is interacting with the being/person on a regular basis and having conversations with them, getting to know what they like and dont like, what they want to help you with or you help them. Whatever. Isnt that what people with Salvia are searching for? That 'being' that everyone talks about? How fucked up would it be if that being turned out to be Jesus? :D

As for who the Jesus the Supreme Being is, I am refering to Jesus of the canonical bible however it would take a whole nother book of discussion on Jesus to explain why the fact that he was human or the fact that he lived on earth for a time or is even called by particular five letter word isnt important to the experience of having the relationship.

My whole point is if your telling me that I cannot talk about God as much as I do then maybe its time I left. I came here because I thought I would find a place to be myself and to be around like minded free thinking individuals. Maybe only the psychedelic religion is allowed here and that all other religions should leave. Apparently cant be a psychonaut unless your an Atheist because of course there is only one way to be a psychonaut and thats without talking to mythical beings that you see in visions. Oh wait. :p

Its always going to come up. As any life changing experience would and you/anyone always has the option to just ignore me. Its not that hard to go 'oh look there's that Jesus word again better scroll past it.' Or if you really need to, just ignore my posts all together. There may even be a way to mute me in the forum console, some have it.

2. Emotions

As for the emotions. I just know that things got out of hand for me and that happens sometimes and I am hoping they are back in hand and I am glad that we are having this entire conversation and I think the religious stuff needs to be had as well. Maybe its time we sorted out once and for all whether or not I am welcome here or not. I seemed to have had a really rather welcomed welcoming experience for the first month and half then all of a sudden BOOM shut up about your Jesus all over the place. I didnt change. I didnt talk more or less about him. Maybe the first week I was hesitant because I was feeling things out but after about week 2.5 to 3 I was just me and felt very natural and very comfortable being myself.

If someone cant be themselves here then maybe they shouldnt be here and maybe thats me. Didnt IJC just have this conversation? lol. :D

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
Schwanke668 a dit:
As for who the Jesus the Supreme Being is, I am refering to Jesus of the canonical bible however it would take a whole nother book of discussion on Jesus to explain why the fact that he was human or the fact that he lived on earth for a time or is even called by particular five letter word isnt important to the experience of having the relationship.

but is Jesus of the canonical bible a particular human being? Is the bible a historical document about real people (who exist separately from the bible)?

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
max can you take this to another thread?
do i have to be the one to make the thread that i wont post in?