Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

needle disposal

sanchezL

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Jan 2009
Thought I'd add a quick tip about barrels and pins as mushroom people often aren't too familiar with using syringes.

Ideally use a yellow and red sharps bin and bring to a disposal center (here in the UK some pharmacies will take them, some tattooists will, all drug centres and needle exchanges do)

If using a needle exchange, don't say what they were used for, although the information is anonymous, the figures are used to form legislation and see patterns. Say they were used for fishing - injecting the bait with air, or model making.

If using very few, take the pin off the barrel, then take the plunger out of the barrel too. remove the sleeve from the pin and drop into the barrel with the pin pointing up (i.e. no going to come out the end where you normally put the pin). Now replace the plunger, pressing down hard - this seals the whole thing with the pin inside making it safe.

If using a pot (ie-cream tub or similar) to keep them in, when full, fill with expanding builders foam to make a solid brick.

Take a thought for the guys who collect the rubbish - no-ones wants to see pins or risk an infection. They don't know they were just used for mushroom spores.

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Why not re-use your needles? It's not that you stick them up your arm do you? They can be sterilised.

Mycophile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
30 Juil 2004
To sterilise a used needle is an extra step, so also an extra risk.

Those needles cost nothing, so I guess most people just don't even think about re-using them...

sanchezL

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Jan 2009
Pins are very cheap and come perfectly sterile every time. I'd never consider reusing or trying to sterilise. Also I don't like leaving them unwrapped around the house.

The way the pins are manufactured means that even pushing the needle through substrate shears off metal, they are designed to be used once then discarded.

Also you can get pins free here if you don't want to buy them. I always buy though.

JustinNed

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
The syringes I use the needle is much wider than a hypodermic needle, I suspect the wider needles to clog up less. As there is really no danger in this I freely through mine in the trash after they break.