Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Need help

mrvn

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
Hello psychonauts,

I'm trying to grow some shrooms
and i would like to know
is this baaaad?

many thanks

greets

mrvn

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
No i heard GTA IV is pretty cool!

Don't know about the shrooms though :p

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Your growbox looks good from what i can tell from the picture.
Good luck! :)

skrudge

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
My guess is that you're not sure whether the white stuff should be there or not?
Rest assured, it's totally fine, that's the mycelium growing there.

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
@Soulcatcher : LOL
@Meduzz : thanks
@skrudge : yes that was it thank you I feel much better already!

only one week and my first flush will be ready

can't wait!

mrvn

poisoninthestain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Avr 2008
yeah looks good! i just put my colonized grain into my first casing today(washed compost/cow shit)...hopefully everything goes well since this is my first time attempting anything fungi related...

quick question to those who know: i've read many times on the net that the spawn is ready when the grain turns COMPLETELY WHITE. by this do they mean like cake white as some heavily colonized grain looks or is it still ok if the grain is completely covered in a thin white at the very least and some parts heavier than others? ...i hope that makes sense.

for instance, my grain is pretty white but you can still somewhat see the brown rye through the mycelium...it's just that the mycelium isn't as thick white as i sometimes see on the net.

also when i broke it up to transfer it to the casing it was def. very cakey/chunky in structure. i think everything should be fine. i only hope i didn't transfer too early.

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
From what I hear, for best results remove cake when you can see some red heads starting to push up against the side. The mycelium needs to make the cake in to a single peice.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"i just put my colonized grain into my first casing today(washed compost/cow shit)"

Thats not casing its substrate . Try using turf and chalk mixed together to PH 7 .

Your cakes should be nearly if not completely white , with fat healthy myceleum . Its OK if you can see some grain or a

little browness . If there are big patches that are not grown through its probably bacteria .

"also when i broke it up to transfer it to the casing it was def. very cakey/chunky in structure."

It should be chunky as you say , the cakes should be fully grown through so that when you break them they look like white

chocky with rice crispys in it . But why break the cakes up ? What about sterility ? Did you do it in a glove box or with a

face mask and sterile gloves ?

"From what I hear, for best results remove cake when you can see some red heads starting to push up against the side. "

Thats the latest point to put them out . When they are fully grown through and fluffy its the right time . But thats a matter of experience to know when that time has come . Its only a question for you the first few times you do it , after a while you just feel like its the right time and do it .

Dont waste your time looking on other web sites they will just confuse you . Ask anything you want , no mater if you think its stupid and there are enough people here who realy do it that can answer your questions .

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
Update :D

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Those are some foggy shrooms! :D

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
Shot posted and uploaded whit my mobilephone i don't know how it looks like on a pc/mac i'm amazed that you actualy see a pic! I'll post another(pc) when i harvest and remove the filterbag, and that will not be long Mrvn