Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Need help for mushrooms identification

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Bruising blue is not a fail safe
1. it does not mean they are psychoactive if they are blue
and
2. it does not mean that they aren't if they don't

It is useful, it is some evidence, but it is not an absolute in determining if they are or are not.

Cultosaurus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Sept 2011
The amanita family will not bruise blue and are active with different compounds. However, anything that has psilocybin or psilocin will bruise blue. The blue comes from the chemical compounds oxidizing. Beyond that, I don't know what other actives will bruise like. Biological genera containing psilocybin and psilocin mushrooms include Agrocybe, Conocybe, Copelandia, Galerina, Gerronema, Gymnopilus, Hypholoma, Inocybe, Mycena, Panaeolus, Pluteus, and Psilocybe. There are approximately 190 species of psilocybin mushrooms. John Allen has a list somewhere on here : http://www.mushroomjohn.org/.

agios antonios

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
4 Oct 2011
Hello to all!
I have started growing these mushrooms on the 20th SEptember and now[07/10] they look like the photos i have attached.
Are they Colombian or Mexican? They have white body and a pinhead of brown colour.
Any idea when they are going to be ready?
Thank you

Cultosaurus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Sept 2011
You'll never know.

Before growing, you have to know the strain of the genetics. A lot of cubies look identical. By having an expert examine the spores under a scope, you can come close, but, once grown, it's impossible. It's like finding an abandoned baby and asking what it's name is.

agios antonios

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
4 Oct 2011
well,
i have just harvest my mush's and hopefuly they will give me some nice times in the future.Some of them have a light green/blue shade in some parts, is this ok? What about the thin white cover in almost every mushroom body?
i hope the phots are helpful

Leonidas

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Oct 2010
Hi people !

I have recently purchased a spore print for 1€, which was supposed to be some Panaeolus.
I made my substrate (not sure about the english word for this, sorry) with cow manure and tutti quanti.
Yesterday, I harvested the whole box, but they look like this :
http://www.pixenli.com/images/1318354667069621700.jpg

I'm concerned because they look very close to my old Golden Teachers (btw they did not have any effect, those stupid things...)
One hour after harvesting those pretended Panaeolus, I could notice their colour ; a deep blue, overwhelming the natural colour => MOAR POWER. Anyway, I don't know if they're cubensis or panaeolus, or whatever ?

Please help me if you can.

Cultosaurus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Sept 2011
Although I've never grown any Panaeolus, those certainly don't look like any Pan. They are Psilocybe cubensis. The Panaeolus stem is far thinner on every type I've ever seen. If you're getting a deep blue stain or bruising, yes, they should be quite potent.
However, you'd never be able to find out what strain of cubie they are.

It's also unusual that the GTs were so disappointing. You must have gotten some bad genetics as the GT are very well liked around many OMCs. I'd suggest that you get a different print from elsewhere and try again.

A

Ambit Energy

Invité
I've had a patch of them growing from the grass compost pile growing in my backyard for about 4 years. I've tripped on them quite a few times.

Granted, you have to seemingly eat a TON of subbs, I enjoy them the most.

I've never had any body issues. Infact, for me it's mostly visuals and mind. I tend to get severe cramps in my inner knees with Psilocybes and Gyms, but not with Pans. They're the most visual, social, and enjoyable mushroom I've tried. A+ from me

this is how it looks like to identify the Panaeolus
629518901-010.jpg

:roll:
John Galt
Ambit Energy, Sales Consultant
St. Louis, Missouri

Leonidas

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Oct 2010
Ok thanks bros !
It sounds like they are some Stropharia cubensis
I'll go easy with 1.5 or 1.8g and see what happens :)

Tycho

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
9 Août 2012
Hi all,

I'm in Melbourne, Australia. I went out and found these today, on my first shroom search. I didn't have high hopes at all, as it's the end of the season, but I thought I'd put these here just in case they're something special.

Can anyone identify these species?

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
if i remember right this site docent ID mushrooms for some resin. try the shroomery man :) i seen an Australian mushroom hunting thread in there just the other day :) everyone is vary helpful and open to all questions.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
we just don't have as many people anymore who are that knowledgeable in fungi. shroomery or mycotopia would be stronger resources for fungi identification. but even then, they are going to tell you that the only way to get a positive ID is to check it's spore print under a microscope. i wouldn't just go off of a suggestion or two. fungi are intolerant of stupidity for the most part. if it is poisonous, you will probably have severe issues.

Matthalamew

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Août 2012
The top two are on pine needles - the cap of the top pic looks promising but the gills are the wrong color for (black or purple-black) psybin.
Could be top one is a galarina - very deadly. The second one on pine needles looks like a mycene species - no activity.
The yellow one looks like very young and compact Chantrelles - but you would have to wait till the gills show more - Chantrelle gills look like erodide mountain ridges and extend down the stalk.

There are old mushroom hunters and there are bold mushroom hunters - but there are no old bold mushroom hunters.

Matthalamew

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Août 2012
Those on wood chips are Psilocybe cyanescens while the tropical ones are Panayolus Tropicaneis - the others are likely to be one of the 184+ less know species...

Jackjack

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
15 Mar 2010
Hello everybody! This is my first topic out of the italian section because this time i want also another opinion about it.
Found in Lessinia at 1500m

This the subjects:

2n99dn8.jpg

Maybe panaeolus and the "whiter" one also cyanescens?

Thank you so much to everybody!

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
Not sure about that... I can't see too well, but I don't notice the signature "blueing" of those species. On top of that, there are literally thousands of species of "little brown mushrooms" or lbms. Only way to really tell is spore print...

Jackjack

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
15 Mar 2010
The place where i have found them

2r7ohup.jpg

6f02fc.jpg

29mu8sx.jpg

Always found in cow shit. No idea of the species?

F

francois138

Invité
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and was hoping someone could help me confirm if I had identified these correctly, I've taken the time to label the pictures of the ones I kept and took some shots of where they were taken from.

Amanita muscaria confirmed var pictures by francois138 - Photobucket (meant to title it "unconfirmed...")

All of them gave a white spore print. These were picked up only a week of so ago, as you can see from the pictures, off the side of a city road between 2 lone trees.

On the same note, anyone here experienced with these in the past ? :)

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
Frank

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
nope, sorry. maybe try the shroomery or mycotopia. still though, i wouldn't take their word unless your research leads you to a POSITIVE id. you could end up with brain-damage or dead. mushrooms are no joke. good luck!