Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Need help for mushrooms identification

PsiloMontone

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Oct 2012
hello guys, if you can help me im in doubt with these type of mushrooms. IM NOT AN EXPERT and i think (only making reference to web photos) probably they are a type of Panaeolus. I found it in Italy (appennino tosco-emiliano). In or near cow shit. but i want another opinion about it.

Except the last mushroom (extreme right) the other mushrooms are very similar of Panaeolus, your opinions?

Voir la pièce jointe 8636
Voir la pièce jointe 8635
In this light photo you can see the real color of all the mushrooms.
Voir la pièce jointe 8634
Thanks to everybody for your interest!

...and sorry for the bad english :lol:

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
Try the shroomery :D Google it if you don't know what I'm taking about and write up a good report like where they were growing, spore print etc.

PsiloMontone

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Oct 2012
drizzit a dit:
Try the shroomery :D Google it if you don't know what I'm taking about and write up a good report like where they were growing, spore print etc.

Thank you!! i didn't know this site! i try now!

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
No prob's and good luck :D

Cultosaurus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Sept 2011
They certainly don't appear to be active.

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
sorry it took so long to reply... looks like a formosa to me.

no personal experience consuming them, but knowledge of muscimol dictates that one must re-drink their urine several times to achieve any level of intoxication. this goes for any amanita containing muscimol. as such, they are not commonly used. if you try it, post a report!

Cultosaurus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Sept 2011
Uhm .. I have to disagree with orphiuchus . . you don't have to drink your urine several times to get high off of it. Just eat enough or have enough of the tea to begin with. Certainly, there are those that drink urine to keep the buzz going, but I've never been willing to drink piss. And I've never had amanita, I've taken the advice of several people that I know that don't recommend it. It is rumored that the Berserkers and other barbarian tribes use to take the Amanita before going into battle to make them more ferocious. That's the reason why I stay away from those and prefer the Psilocybes and it's relatives.

That certainly looks like it. I could never remember the var with the yellow colour, now I'll remember.

You can always rely on the mushroom observer for qualified myco IDs.

http://mushroomobserver.org/observer/observation_search?pattern=A.+muscaria+var.+guessowii

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
I think you have to eat about an ounce to feel the effects and vikings rule, its all just set and setting if I ate a bunch of acid before a war id be ready to kill a Titan. And the tripp off these feel vary weak. It feels like your just about to tripp. and if you do drink your piss it will intensify and prolong the tripp. Shaman's use to (and would still I think) eat mushrooms and the participants would drink the shamans urine. Gross but o well blue cheese, tarter sauce and sausage are all sick as hell when you think about it, but delicious :D

What if you were a barbarian and your cheiften has had you eating these mushrooms of the gods since you became a adult in your society? Wouldn't you use this for healing and battle if you lived in times that called for such actions?

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
"I've taken the advice of several people that I know that don't recommend it"

that tends to be the advice generally given.

yes i didn't mean to say that it was necessary to drink ones own urine, but it can certainly be done to reach higher levels of intoxication (without the toxic aspects of the mushroom)

"barbarians"

i haven't been super interested in (consuming) them before this. sounds like it might be a good fit for me though...

Mrjelly

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Août 2012
How do you know if they are active? Just asking because I have never had to identify and it might be some useful information someday!

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
The most known technique is "if its blue its true". psilocybin bruises blue but if theres a lot of blue you've lost a lot of psilocybin. Although there are deadly mushrooms that can also bruise blue. The best bet is spore print it. Write out where it was growing, what it may have been growing on, its colors, its bruising colors, how the stem and cap look, how the stem and cap are attached and THE MOST IMPORTANT PART is a easy spore print. Remove the cap from the stem and place the cap on a piece of paper with a cup over it for at least 30 min, the resulting spores on the paper will be a specific color. If you do all this and take good pictures then post it to the shroomery you'll most likely get feed back within the hour and there's a few other good mushroom ID sites if you'd like to be safe an post your findings to multiple sites.

There's old mushroom hunters and bold mushroom hunters, but never old bold mushroom hunters :) I red that somewhere. Hope this helps jelly its fun writing this stuff :) and i just started hunting this year.

Mrjelly

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Août 2012
Cool! I venture out of the city in the various areas I am in and will be doing this... my newest area of exploration is in Asia. I have been doing some research and found that they grow a lot in this region and will be giving this a shot! I want to be sure though and look forward to trip reports with lots of pictures!

sunset

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Août 2012
the one on the right in th first pic looks like ones iv seen identified on mycotopia before, but im not sure.... theres way to many small brown/tan mushrooms to be sure...

triph4z3

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
7 Nov 2012
hi guy

Sorry but there is no psylo semilanceata on the photo you sent us! The psylo got a boobs clearly marked !

Hark

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
15 Nov 2012
lawn mower mushroom in the us has a low silly simen:smirk:

Cultosaurus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Sept 2011
I'm not an expert, I know that I've seen someone ID them before. They look a bit like Liberty Caps. But I couldn't be sure.
Liberty Caps, Shrooms or Psilocybe Semilanceata the Magic Mushroom
Psilocybe semilanceata - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This one is a great site to ID, but you have to know the Latin names or search a lot.
http://mushroomobserver.org/

The do look a lot like the lawn mower mushrooms that I see around here too. Those are not Liberties though, and I always forget the name for them, Lawn Mower is just the common name because they come up in grass after a rain.

HA !!! . .. found it. I have got to remember that Google is our friend.
Panaeolus foenisecii: The Lawn Mower's Mushroom (MushroomExpert.Com)

The Mushroom Expert site is also an excellent resource.

Hark

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
15 Nov 2012
a good buy is the national audoban socity feild guide to mushrooms

M

mrm450mx

Invité
Well a few months ago I ordered a grow kit and some cube spores and when the jar was fully collonized I went and planted it in my backyard. So I walk out today and find these growing in the grass all concentrated right where I buried the cake a while back. I'm assuming they are cubes but im not too sure...

By the way I live in Houston, Tx.
Also the spore print is definetely blueish purpleish...

Thanks guys..

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
hmm well i don't really know for sure, but i read that especially with psychedelic mushrooms its supposedly very important that they don't get contaminated.. not that i could recognize it from the picture, but just saying... but then again i heard from friends that they collected some psychedelic mushrooms from the woods or some fields or so...
but i don't know for sure... so please be careful... maybe ask some more people that know about mushroonms or try to find something in the internet or mushroom books...
be careful!! better safe than sorry, right??

peace

Cultosaurus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Sept 2011
The prints are certainly the right colour. However, there is a different psilocybe that is common to coming up from cut grass. Do the mushrooms bruise blue? if not, they're not the cubes.

You should just try an indoor grow rather than transplanting to outdoor. Much easier and then you know for sure what you've got.