Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Need help for mushrooms identification

shrobbinhood

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Juil 2008
now im new as new can be. im trying to identify these, hoping they're the lucky ones that make u trip. can anyone help me?

druglessdouglas

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
maybe Paneolinus sphinctrinus or haycaps. blimeygrimey possibly has a better idea.
if you google haycaps the first entry youl get is me telling someone else the mushrooms they were trying to identify (psychonaut, earlier thread) were haycaps. spooky

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
Nope, you’re out of luck.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
all the ozy mushrooms crawl out of your toilet and bite your nuts anyway.
if its not got teeth and a sting Buffochino wont recognise it :wink:

shrobbinhood

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Juil 2008
im gonna assume you are tripping right now because i have no clue what you just meant

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
just a natural high. Google "haymaker". i think they are Paneolinus sphinctrinus
have a look at images under "haymaker" mushroom, or google Paneolinus sphinctrinus. then let us no if they are the same

BlimeyGrimey

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Juin 2008
The last picture posted seems to be a Panaeolus species, possibly subbalteatus. Take a spore print , it should be JET black. If its brown at all then they are not good to keep. If the print IS black then try looking at the bottom of the stems where mycelium is still attached, there may be some bluing.

EDIT: The rest of the pictures are too blurry to identify and it seems to me like you have a mixed collection of mushrooms. They may not all be Panaeolus.

Nevermind, seems GOD beat me to it. Good advice!

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
all the ozy mushrooms crawl out of your toilet and bite your nuts anyway. if its not got teeth and a sting Buffochino wont recognise it

Thanks for that assessment mate, although my nuts are still intact despite all of those toilet lurking species which you seem to be so familiar with.

Those pictures are quite large, try reducing them.

'Haymaker' seems to refer to Panaeolina foenisecii, which according to this is not psychoactive.

They don’t really look like Paneolinus sphinctrinus either. (refer to pic)

I agree that they could possibly be Panaeolus subbalteatus, although you would have to take a spore print to be sure.

Either way, if you cant be sure its always safer to discard them, or store them until a time when you can be absolutely certain that they are safe.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Hello Shrobbinhood and welcome to the forum .

Please resize the pictures . One program that works well is nero photosnap .

Those mushrooms are nothing that you want to take , and a big rule with mushrooms is dont touch them unless you are absolutly sure of what they are . It looks to me like there are more than one sort of mushrooms in your pictures .

Next time please take fotos from a / or a group of mushrooms growing , then one closeup of a mushroom from the side and one of the stem, where it joins the cap and the gills .

BlimeyGrimey

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Juin 2008
Ganoderma infection of a tree is known as Ganoderma Butt Rot. It is classified as a plant pathogen.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
They are parasites because they live on living wood :p
Fungi on dead wood are called saprofytes

MycoMate

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
21 Mai 2008
I vote Ganoderma too, although it's difficult to tell. I would not consume them.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I vote that we havent got a clue what either of them are . A picture of on what tree they were growing might help + where in the world they were found .

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
i know exactly what it is, genus and species, and what tree it was growing on but im not telling. i make maribou out of that, but im not telling what that is either. anyone at all interested in wild mushrooms- get a book with a key.
no-one could can identify a fungus 100% from a photo. except maybe that one. its easy. google Maribou. i use it for fly fishing

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
""Tortellini Maribou. Spinach Tortellini tossed with roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts ... mushrooms, soy, rice wine vinegar and seasonings, served over ..."

Thats the only thing that i can find with both words . Where can i find the right entry............

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
GOD a dit:
""Tortellini Maribou. Spinach Tortellini tossed with roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts ... mushrooms, soy, rice wine vinegar and seasonings, served over ..."

Thats the only thing that i can find with both words . Where can i find the right entry............

the trout love it....
no its not that.
its a drying pad made out of the dried spongy pores.