Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Need help for mushrooms identification

emix

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Jan 2008
Hi, I found some mushrooms today and I was wondering if these are Liberty Caps. I don't think so (I thought they only grew in the autumn, but I'm not sure) They're about 5cm's tall and I found them in a field of grass.

Some help would be appreciated.

grtz

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
High Emix ,

They are definately not liberty caps , and i think that it would be better if you took fotos and didnt pick mushrooms you are not sure of .

emix

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Jan 2008
yeah, I know, but they were at a football field so they would've definatly be stepped on :wink:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
P.Semilanceata grows in autum / fall .

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
they i believe are called haycaps. i ate a lot of them one day before i knew anything. nothing happened. Paneolinus sphinctrinus.they grow in the same fields youd expect to find P.sem so are a good indicator species

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I was thinking about that to but we would at least need have to have a good picture of the gills and how they join the stem to even come near identifying them properly . Haycaps are also known as hay caps and haymakers mushroom . Their latin name is Panaeolina foenisecii sometimes called Panaeolus foenisecii or Psilocybe foenisecii . If they are those they contain Psilocybin and Psilocin , but in VERY small quantitys makeing it not worth taking .

I didnt say anything because i didnt want you to eat them Emix because without me having them in my hand i couldnt garantie that that is what they are . They could be something totaly different .

PLEASE DONT EAT THEM TO FIND OUT IF YOU ARE GOING TO LIVE OR DIE . As i said even if it is them they are so weak that its not worth eating them .

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
when i ate something similar(stupid) i had the feeling of coming up without coming up. and i ate hundreds. the reason i think theyre sphinctrinus is the have the brown ring(chortle chortle).

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
They are the wrong colour and shape to be Panaeolus sphinctrinus and they dont apear to have the "teeth" around the edge of the cap = the remnants of a partial veil . Panaeolus sphinctrinus caps come from redish brown when fresh and almost white or gray and shining when dry . They also dont have the darker ring around the cap like the fotos above do and Panaeolus foenisecii do .

Both Panaeolus foenisecii and Panaeolus sphinctrinus contain from no to very little Psilocybin .

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
i know what your saying but its my experience they are one of the most variable mushrooms around. age, weather and location all seem to make them apear to be different species. however NEVER EAT A MUSHROOM YOU HAVNT POSITIVELY IDENTIFIED unless you have a spare liver lying about :vom:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Panaeolus sphinctrinus

It grows in longer grass than Panaeolus foenisecii and it grows usualy in horse fields . There is another mushroom that is about the same and grows in the same places but its dull red brown . Both have the teeth of the partial veil atached to th edge of the cap where it meets the gills . Its also extremely weak . They both have a different shape of cap to Panaeolus foenisecii . Panaeolus sphinctrinus has a parabolic cap and Panaeolus foenisecii has a conic to hemispheric cap .

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Panaeolus foenisecii doesnt grow in conection with horse shit and grows on lawns and in parks that have short grass .

pooz321

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
12 Juin 2008
hey, shrooms arent my issue so i dont know this one..i have this guy telling my i can trip of this mushroom or fungi or whatever and i say no, who's right, anyway plz post--thanks!

pooz321

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
12 Juin 2008
i probably wouldnt try if i could

BlimeyGrimey

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Juin 2008
That is a polypore which is most likely in the genus Ganoderma.

Ganodermas contain ganoderic acids which are similar to steroids. They are very good medicine for cancer and overall well being.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganoderma

G

Invité
Beautiful genus, always love seeing fungi live in simbiosis with trees :D

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
always love seeing fungi live in simbiosis with trees
Are you sure this one lives in symbiosis? It looks like a parasite (growing on sick or dead trees), but of course I'm no expert. :wink:

sval

Inscrit
5 Déc 2007
CaduceusMercurius a dit:
always love seeing fungi live in simbiosis with trees
Are you sure this one lives in symbiosis? It looks like a parasite (growing on sick or dead trees), but of course I'm no expert. :wink:

That's right it's a parasite.

G

Invité
Well, most fungi that grow on trees actually keep the tree healthy, but it could very well be that this is not the case with this type.

pooz321

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
12 Juin 2008
i love botany...