Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

MYCOMATE® Edible Mushroom Kit and Edible Sclerotia Kit

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
I found a growkit on the internet, what is really interesting for beginners and for "the lazy man".
If it really does what the information on the website says:

MYCOMATE® Edible Mushroom Kit

The Mycomate® Fast Fungi is a brand new grow kit from Mondo Mycologicals. It is made as an improvement to any other grow kits on the market at this moment. Full colour illustrated instructions, special techniques and more substrate, will cause a yield twice as much as other grow kits do, without the possibility to make any ‘first time’ mistakes. With this kit you will have flush after flush, up to 10 flushes.

One of the secrets for success is the use of the Mycomate® Liquid Culture Vial included into this grow kit. It makes spores germinate quicker and mycelium to colonize the growth substrate bag really fast. The Mycomate® Liquid Culture Vial will reduce the growing process at least with 2 weeks. Mycomate® Liquid Culture Vial is also available separate from the grow kit in 10ml vials.

The Mycomate® Fast Fungi is designed for the use of Sporemate® Edible Mushroom Spore Suspension Vials or Syringes. This combination gives the possibility to inject the spores at any non-sterile place, without having a high risk of contamination and you can now choose for yourself which variety of mushrooms you want to grow.

Growkits:

1 Growkit without spores is € 47,00.
1 Growkit + spores (see the website for species) and Vial: € 69,00.

http://shayanashop.com/Paddos/Paddos_Kw ... owkit.aspx

mycomate.jpg

They also have: Mycomate® Edible Sclerotia Kit (a.k.a. Truffles)

The Mycomate® Underground is another new product from Mondo Mycologicals. This growkit makes you harvest truffles in no time and the only thing you will have to do is waiting. A huge advantage is that the truffles grow in a bag, so they can grow much bigger as in a jar.
When you first inoculate the included Mycomate® Liquid Culture Vial it will save you a week or 2.

The Mycomate® Underground comes complete with full colour illustrated instructions and everything you need to grow truffles, except for the spores. This way you can choose if you want to grow Mexicana, Tampanensis or Atlantis.

If you buy more kits at the same time you don’t need to buy more spores, because 1 Sporemate® Spore Suspension Vial makes it possible to inject 5 Liquid Culture Vials (1 incl. with every kit) and with each Liquid Culture Vial you can at least inject 3 growkits.

Prices from: € 47,00 to € 81,00.

http://shayanashop.com/Paddos/Paddos_Kw ... owkit.aspx

Does anybody have experience with this growkits?

Mycophile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
30 Juil 2004
I don't have any experience with that one.

But it seems you can make only 1 cake out of it. 69 euro for 1 cake is way, way and way too expensive...

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
But it seems that you can get up to 10 flushes?

Mycophile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
30 Juil 2004
10 flushes of what? 1 shroom each flush?

I've seen this same kit in a smartshop in Amsterdam. It's an OK kit, but still, as far as I could see you get only 1 cake out of it. And 69 euro is just way too much for that. Period. And 10 flushes out of 1 cake is not possible.

Sounds the same to me as how cannabis seeds are sold:
Yield: 600 grams per square meter. Might be possible maybe, but almost nobody ever will...

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
Hmm, ok. Thanks for the information.
I really want to grow my own, but I'm pretty worried about contamination and I also don't have an pressure cooker.
So I thought that this is a nice method to grow my own.

Mycophile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
30 Juil 2004
Grow your own shrooms without a kit...

It's really not that hard. Don't worry about contamination. Work clean and you'll be fine. If you read the internet stories it seems you need a lab for success. Well, bullocks. Clean your bathroom, clean your arms, use some gloves and you will have some shrooms...

And then you find out it's not that hard at all and then you know you will be fine for the rest of your life, without depending on some growkits...

I started growing shrooms a few years ago. And yes, the first time I made mistakes, and yes, I even had some cakes contaminated. but still, I ended up with too much shrooms to eat all by myself...

Last but not least. Shrooms you grow yourself from spore to shroom, are the best and most spiritual ones to consume! Call me a hippie if you like...

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
And you don't really need a pressure cooker.
Most of all, I don't think you can learn to grow shrooms from a growbox...

JustinNed

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Mycophile, you hippie. You don't need a pressure cooker, to steralize. Just keep everything clean as you can, use a crock pot (slow cooker) for 10 hours or so if you can, that seems to work quite well.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I do agree growing from spores to mushrooms is the way to go! :D CrockPot sterilization seems to have a 70% rate of jars growing.

Also, is that site a trusted site?

MycoMate

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
21 Mai 2008
Hi,

We made that kit, however you have to match the correct strain to achieve 10 flushes. With Treasure Coast I achieved 10 flushes. Repeatedly. REALLY. The last several flushes were one to three mushrooms, but hey-not bad.
It's a little pricey, yes-but it's easy and it works. It produces desired end results for newbies and people who casn't afford the time or hassle of doing the lab work. It's also not "one cake" but "one large cake" which easily produces 150 to 220+ grams with strains like Amazonian or Treasure Coast. Amazonian produces more of it's yield in the early flushes, while TC flushes on and on (why someone in office wrote this up). However TC can produce larger yields in the end.
The vials of liquid media that accompany the kit also are an improvement to home cultivation kits, and they allow you to store your strain of live mycelium in the refridgerator until required. You also can multiply a single vial of liquid culture and literally inoculate/produce hundreds of other vials, and again store them in the refrigerator until required. This eliminates waiting for spores to germinate, incomplete germination and/or colonization of the substrate (especially advantageous for sclerotia producing species). More spores germinate, and dykariotic mycelium has already been established so the material you inject into the growkit is already in a prolific state of growth.

Additionally, we will ask the retailer to change the advertisement (it's our fault). It will be edited; the text was written up quickly, and went by me without being checked. Sorry. We certainly don't intend to inflate the kit's capacity.

And yes, you can grow them yourself with a little investment of time and money. Depends on your time and other resources. I sometimes make my own pizza dough, tomato sauce, and bake my own pizzas for little money. It takes the day to prepare and simmer the tomato sauce, and the eveing to make the dough, let it rise, and then prepare the rest. Other times I purchase my pizza from a local restaurant.
Peace-

Mycophile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
30 Juil 2004
200 grams fresh = 20 grams dried = 7 portions.

69 euro for 7 portions > Almost 10 euro a portion.

For a homegrow kit that's the priciest thing I've ever seen...

@MycoMate > your kit is nice. But the price is ridiculous.

MycoMate

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
21 Mai 2008
The price fluctuates somewhat between retailers and they have some flexibility in their pricing. It's also based on point of purchase and convenience, ease and discreetness of shipping, etc. Business.

The sclerotia kit produces 150 or more grams. Ten/fifteen or so portions.

I don't want to sound anymore like a commercial post, sorry. Just wanted to defend the products and retailers.
Thanks for the favorable side of your response anyway. It is a good kit.

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
According to your name, it's almost like you're from Mycromate. :wink: