Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

My music(and yours)

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
So i've been expirimenting with electronic music lately, in the pursuit of a loungy dancefloor genre, appealing to the general psychonaut. My aim was to combine minimal/techno-like beats with relaxing ambient-like synths.

Please check out my shit and let me know what you think. You can find two of my latest tracks on my myspace: www.myspace.com/ntophonik (check out ephemer and kosmokrypt, assembly is just an unfinished idea)

There's isn't much of a built-up or climax in either of the two, it's more just melodies to ease your mind, works great when your lying in bed(at least for me)

And also; I know there are lots of musicians here, so feel free to post your stuff as well! (I know there's the yourcreativework topic, but it seems more focussed on visual arts, hence this new topic)

Peace.

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Good . I liked both of them allthough the first one was a bit to minimal for me in a few places . The second one was very nice .

My thoughts / advice :-

What about making them longer ? So that they are 10 - 20 minutes long ? Maybe loop them and add a few more sections that are the same length but a bit different ? Like a pop song is made , verse , verse , chorus , verse , instramental , verse , verse , chorus , verse . I dont mean singing and text , i mean just variations on the theme . A bit like bell ringing where the theme gets changed a bit in each cycle . Now youve made them making them longer should be much easyer .

G

Invité
I really like what I'm hearing !

Do you have any previous experience in music before trying electronic ?

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
Yeah I have previous experience, but than with the bass guitar and guitar. I've been in bands as well.

At GOD: yeah they're a little too short, but it's hard to make ten minute tracks, and not make it sound to dull.

Peace.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"it's hard to make ten minute tracks, and not make it sound to dull. "

I understand what you mean , but i think if you loop it a few times and add other ideas that you have all ready started with it will come from it self . Even join both tracks you made and then try to make bridges between them ? To me expanding the good work that you have already achieved seems to be the next step . Allso maybe you could take what you have already done and just raise the notes an oktave or just a note or a few notes . And/or change the base and trebble = add variations .

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
:thumbsup:

Sounds a bit like bluetech. Good work, keep it up.

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
:prayer: Thank you magickmumu for mentioning bluetech, I had never heard of it, but I really like(at least what i've heard so far)

GOD: true, but still there is the danger of depleting the melody of it's magic by squeezing out every possibillity. But they're definately not finished yet, i'll keep working on them.

Got inspiration now anyways thanks to bluetech 8)

Peace

Oknayd

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Mai 2008
nice sounds there! when i come home (i'm visiting my dad in france now and have to listen on crappy pc speakers) i'll listen to it more carefully (at a louder volume ;) )

i have a crapspace myself
http://www.myspace.com/copacod
but the stuff on it is from 2004 or something, i tried putting more tracks on it but somehow it didnt work (i later found out it was because of the maximum size or something) i'll probally post some new songs on a better site when i'm back home in rotterdam
my last gig incorporated a lot of soundscape ambient stuff, i once had the idea to do a double album with only ambient and soundscapes but living in the city i tend to make more beat/break oriented stuff

good idea to start a new topic for this :thumbsup:

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
Pretty cool tunes oknayd, indeed a lot more beat/break oriented. Not really my thing, but it sounds pretty pro :thumbsup:

peace.

G

Invité
Ambient oriented
http://www.myspace.com/sporeprint/

Good stuff Verus, not completely my thing, but good sound :thumbsup:

Capacod, mad style!
Love it, haven't heard quite something like it before.
Can definitely hear the breakcore influences :mrgreen:
What?! I already had you as a friend on myspace :shock:

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Cool stuff. Also Space, you link does not work. :(

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Copy the adress to your adress bar and take the last slash away and it works .

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Thanks GOD. That is some nice music Space!

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
Wow space! Against grey thoughts is great man!

I'm getting into ambient more and more 8)

Anyone familiar with Murcof by the way? I really like his stuff, eventhough it took me a while to fully appreciate it.

Peace.

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
Yeah, I always get happy from listening to melancholic stuff, I don't know why. But his music has a hypnotizing quality to it, don't you think?

Also flow is great, just flowing sounds, very relaxing. And I like a lot of your drawings as well man!

Peace.

[edit]copa-1 is hectic man! Very autechre/aphex-like, keep it up!

Oknayd

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Mai 2008
thnx! lol, that's actually the first track i did towards more breaky stuff back in 2002 or something (bad memory)
i'm off to amsterdam now, have to perform there

l_1e17ac0fffd21c834fa72c5db815bbd4.gif