Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

mushrooms improve eyesight?

gammagoblin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Mai 2007
I am planning to research whether a small dose of mushrooms (3 grams fresh psilocybe cubensis is the dose I'm starting with I think) can improve eyesight, as a school project for biology.

I have heard Terence Mckenna say it does, and that there already was research done on this subject but I can't seem to find any documentation about that research or any other related information.

Does anyone know where I can find, like a report of the research or have more information about this subject?

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Maybe there is a reference to it in Food of the Gods? Haven't got it myself but remember reading about it in that book...

yourownworld

Psycho disparu·e
Inscrit
22 Juin 2006
I think it does. That's why i can draw really better when I'm on mushroom

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
yourownworld a dit:
I think it does. That's why i can draw really better when I'm on mushroom
I think it's because one gets more creative on drugs :)
but I have to say too, that taking mushrooms kinda sharpened my senses. there are people who have said that they could distinguish between different sounds, which they could not to before (when they are in their flat f.e.).

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Its a scientific fact. If you want to know the scientist who figured it out, you have to listen to the food of the gods lectures :) (because I forgot).

Mushrooms DO improve eyeside.

thadivine

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
and hearing and smelling too :) right?
and your iq gets higher...

and you get to know more about life...

I want some mushrooms again, its too long ago..

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
He discusses the (temporary improvement of) visual acuity several times in his lectures, especially the Tree Of Knowledge series (http://www.lancerules.com/terence/)

Do a google search for "visual aquity psilocybin" or "psilocybine" to find good quotes and references to research.

"When a person takes small amounts of psilocybin visual acuity improves. They can actually see slightly better, and this means that animals allowing psilocybin into their food chain would have increased hunting success, which means increased food supply, which means increased reproductive success, which is the name of the game in evolution. It is the organism that manages to propagate itself numerically that is successful. The presence of psilocybin in the diet of early pack-hunting primates caused the individuals that were ingesting the psilocybin to have increased visual acuity." ~Terence

mckennapattied.jpg

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Terence McKenna: "In the Sixties, Roland Fisher at the National Institute of Mental Health gave graduate students psilocybin and then a battery of eye tests. His results indicated that edges were visually detected more readily if a bit of psilocybin was present in the student's body. Well, edge detection is exactly what hunting animals in the grassland environments use to observe distant prey! So here you have this chemical factor; when added to the diet, it results in greater success in hunting."

http://deoxy.org/t_omni.htm

l_51b852b701fe9dbdc41370adac13e19c.jpg

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
When i used to go picking everyone always used to say eat the first few and it will help you see the others , and i always got the impression that it did .

I was out one day on a clear night at full moon and it was 7 - 8 o`clock and i could clearly see the little buggers between the tufts of grass , as if they were luminous or reflecting the moon light .

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
that is the most romantic thing you could post GOD...
actually the most romantic you ever posted:p

aequitas3

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Jan 2008
mycologist Paul Stamets thinks that asian countries are healthier than North American and European countries because of their diets, which are high in mushroom content. Check the book Mycelium Running: How mushrooms can help save the world by Paul Stamets

Creatus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Déc 2007
Of course it does. Why do people see in such higher contrast on mushrooms and lsd, and claim to see new colors? So in that sense, yes you can clearly see better.

At the same time though, these drugs will often do a 'blur/melt' affect that would at the same time make things harder to see. Or does it?

Overrall I'd say it does more good then bad when it comes to seeing well.

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
gammagoblin a dit:
I am planning to research whether a small dose of mushrooms (3 grams fresh psilocybe cubensis is the dose I'm starting with I think) can improve eyesight, as a school project for biology.

I have heard Terence Mckenna say it does, and that there already was research done on this subject but I can't seem to find any documentation about that research or any other related information.

Does anyone know where I can find, like a report of the research or have more information about this subject?
I would love to get that project and read it, I'm quite interested in what you're gonna write :)

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I think the improved eyesight is especially true for very little doses of mushrooms, below the tripping barrier. Later on in a strong trip I sometimes tend to not see things anymore (the moonlight is bright like a blinding sun, but when I look at objects the visuals take over and cover my sight).

I can most definitely say that my color-vision has improved since I have been tripping regularly. I have always had a fluorescent energy saver bulb in my living room, but in the meantime I can't stand the light anymore. It is such a sickly green tone without any "life" in it, it almost makes me go bad on trips, and since I discovered it I also see and feel the "bad vibes" from this light without mushrooms. Sorry environment, but my mental health is more important than you , I switched it for a halogen bulb (which is the most beautiful light you can get).
I also started decorating my rooms with colored draperies because I couldn't stand the ugly white corners anymore (especially while tripping). I can now understand women's desire to always decorate rooms :)