Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Mushroom preservation teks

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
There are some old threads about this, i know... don't feel like digging them up.

I have obtained some mushrooms from a friend yesterday, he harvested them last friday.

I put them in a tupperware box with a bag of dessicant in it. I taped the edges to make the box more or less airtight and put the thing in my fridge. The mushrooms are touching each other because of lack of a bigger box...
Anyone has experience with drying in a fridge? Isn't it too cold and moist?

And another tek that has crossed my mind, but i didn't find any info on it:
Can you dry mushrooms with osmosis by putting them into a jar of salt?
My guess is that they won't completely dry, but that you can sotore them very long this way...

Opinions/Ideas/Exp/...??

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I dried mine just in open air (probably not the most efficient) for the most part and then did what you did with the dessicant. This worked great. Kept them for about 8 months and they still worked fine. Most of the fluid will leave the shrooms naturally, it is just for that last part that you really need dessicant in my experience. A small bag of dessicant probably isn't enough, as you need to extract about 90% of the weight of the fresh mushroom as water. I doubt if storing all of this airtight is the right thing to do, though, as the vaporized water will be in the air around the shrooms, which makes it harder to dry them. I suggest refreshing the air at least twice daily.

I only did it 3 or 4 times, so don't pin me down on anything. :wink:

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
I noticed condense on the inside of the box, now i've just put them in open air.
They're just on a ridge above my stove, with the bag of dessicant attached to the wall just above them. Temp is 28°C so this will be just OK :)

There is one big fucker, stem is 1cm thik and cap is (fully open) 6cm diameter.

I'll see how it works out.

But i'm really curious for the osmosis thing...