Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Moving Into the Sacred World of DMT

Getafix

Banni
Inscrit
18 Avr 2009
"The world of DMT is incredibly vast. What DMT opens in
us is so profound that it is impossible to truly express. I have
been making, using, and initiating people into DMT use, for
around 40 years. I was the one who first discovered that the
free-base could be smoked. It has never ceased to amaze me,
nor have I ever felt that one could fairly arrive at any hard
and fast conclusions about what was happening during a
DMT trip. I do think that there are general rules for approaching
the DMT journey such as diet, preparation, set and setting,
and intention. But DMT is about the beyond. “Beyond
what?

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
are extraction links allowed?
cause i have yet to see one and i wouldnt be suprised to find out that it will get me banned

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
People post extraction teks all the time, feel free (go back far enough through this forum and you will find various methods discussed a few times). As long as the site isn't openly selling drugs of an illegal nature or something. :wink:

Getafix

Banni
Inscrit
18 Avr 2009
Has anyone read it already? I think it's one of the best essays I read in a long time.

"When I read the excerpt in ER from DMT: The Spirit Molecule
by Dr. Rick Strassman, I was struck by what I feel are
a few fundamental misunderstandings that he made, and his
failure to notice the crucial effect that the presence of he and
his crew, as well as the overall environment, was having on
his subjects. I wish to point these out and to put this type of
research back into the vast perspective to which it belongs,
lest this materialistic viewpoint create decades of
misunderstanding.

First off, DMT is not a re-run of the X-Files. There are no aliens
squiggling through psychospace to do experiments on us.
That idea is just plain silly. It is fine to wonder how these
perceptions occur, but it’s another matter to jump to
conclusions. Wouldn’t it make sense to first examine the
environmental design rather than look to alien origins? Over and
over, Strassman’s subjects describe being examined by
numerous strange beings in highly technical environments
during the visual phase of their DMT experience. They are
being examined, discussed, measured, probed, and observed.
They are in high-tech nurseries and alien laboratories. There
are 3–4 people moving around operating machinery according
to some design or agenda.

Now lets look at what the physical surroundings are. These
experiments are being done in a hospital room. There are a
number of people in attendance, helping the one who is in
charge, Dr. Strassman. He has an agenda and an experimental
scientific viewpoint based on intellectual assumptions.
There are people from NIDA, a government agency
overseeing these experiments. They are labelled “Mr. V.

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
Wow, this is a great article!
Right from the Heart & Soul of a true Psychonaut :heart:

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Getafix a dit:
This is your trip. Your mind. Your idea. Your freedom. You take the responsibility for your trip.

This applied program (curing, drug abuse, psychotomimetic model, or whatever) is a linear kind of thing--a control and concept modality that does not even begin touch on the true potential of what can be a very profound multi-levelled experience. It is but one very small window, a tiny part of what is possible

Good stuff, lots of good points in this article! I particularly like this one..

I have been using psychedelics for over 40 years productively and creatively. Of course, how I take them has changed over the years, otherwise it would be senseless repetition. Many people, especially youngsters, take them for a while, change from that experience a bit, and then turn away without discovering the staircase effect that is the practice of consciously choosing the highest level of existence possible at that time of your life, and launching your trip from that place.

Mara

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Avr 2008
Very nice article indeed. But nevertheless I don't regret reading DMT: A spirit molecule. His intent was good. But this article gave me a whole different view of the experiences people had in those hospital rooms.

Do you guys think these trips in the hospital are less important and of less value then experiences of people that trip in forests/livingrooms/sancturaries? I'm still making up my mind about this one.

Getafix

Banni
Inscrit
18 Avr 2009
Mara a dit:
Do you guys think these trips in the hospital are less important and of less value then experiences of people that trip in forests/ livingrooms/ sanctuaries?
Hm, by what criteria will the different experiences be valued? And does your question only concern the DMT flash, or psychedelic trips in general?

If the criterium is the subject experiencing a sense of meaning and inspiration, so as to maximize the usefulness of the effects, then any setting which excludes unnecessary distractions is 'of more value'.

Whether or not the experience is undergone in a hospital isn't that important, but for sure the agenda of the doctor and his colleagues has a strong bearing on the outcome. If the objective of the doctor is to assist the subject in gaining insights into his or her problems and arriving at new levels of self-awareness, such trips could be extremely valuable. But if the doctor simply wants to investigate the effects of a certain drug by administering it to human subjects, it may be valuable for medical science, but useless and perhaps even detrimental for the people undergoing those experiments.

Merely ingesting a substance in nature or in a sanctuary isn't necessarily better either, unless these settings are conducive to full surrender to the experience. Early LSD researchers found out that a (more or less) sacred setting isn't just conducive to having religious (entheogenic) experiences during the trip, but also encourages one to accept and surrender to the unusual "mystical" effects of the drug itself, and thus focus ones attention inward to work on personal issues.

Medical supervision may be a comforting factor for the one undergoing the experience. In most circumstances one doesn't need the medical supervision of a hospital however. If one has a blood pressure monitor, First Aid training, and access to the right tranquilizers etc., and the place isn't too far removed from a hospital, a very safe setting can be created, without the need for 'men in white' (or 'men in black'!) walking around.

I'm not very much in favor of tripping in nature, except on relatively low doses by experienced users. In a sanctuary too the sanctity should be a favorable background, not a distraction, as it may have become in some religious traditions.