Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Money

grassisgreener

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Juil 2008
Nomada a dit:
War exists, does it need to exist?

yes. and if you don't believe that, simply look to history. has there ever been a civilization not involved in some sort of war? (excluding Switzerland of course, but they are just amazing to begin with)

like someone said before, i think it was GOD, most animals fight in some way (ants and bees especially) , from our human perspective we call it a war.

and perhaps ignorant was to strong of a term

grassisgreener

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Juil 2008
restin a dit:
we haven't got much poverty

how do you figure that? countless sources say that right now, 1 billion children alone (not even counting adults) are living in poverty

restin a dit:
the free market allows fast technological evolution

and "technological evolution" plays a huge part in our dehumanization

restin a dit:
war is minimized

due to the "technological evolution" every time humans go to war, we have improved weapons that kill more people faster

Psyolopher

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
grassisgreener a dit:
restin a dit:

how do you figure that? countless sources say that right now, 1 billion children alone (not even counting adults) are living in poverty

restin a dit:

restin a dit:
war is minimized

due to the "technological evolution" every time humans go to war, we have improved weapons that kill more people faster
The market is not free at all!

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
Psyolopher a dit:
grassisgreener a dit:
restin a dit:

restin a dit:

restin a dit:
war is minimized

huh?

Telico

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
GOD a dit:
We have to have faith that the airoplane that we are sitting in isnt going to crash or we would totaly shit out .

Every time I take a plane I don't get affraid when the plane begins to shake or when it seems like it's going to crash, I'm gonna die, that's all, there is no reason to be affraid.

Nevermind, this is just an example, quite anecdotical. What you've said is true in a way, because sometimes I really get confused by not believing anything, it's quite like à bad trip, excepted that I didn't do any drug. But it doesn't last too much time, it's just a matter of a couple of hours. But I think it's the price to pay to not to believe in something. It seems a reasonable price to me.

I think that is what makes us going mad : hope and expectations.

If you don't give too much importance to your hopes and expectation you won't be stressed now and you won't be depressed or disapointed when the expectation didn't come to reality. If it comes, you'll be satisfied, if it doesn't, you won't be that disapointed. Not expecting too much is a good way of living happy I think. Maybe that's why animals are living in happiness, not worried by what's going to happen.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I`ve never seen money do anything to anyone . People do bad things , not money .

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008

all over the world. This is the part our system is exploiting,not the part of our system ;)

How that? What is human? Attachment to nature that was lost 1000 years ago?

Our weapons can kill humanity. That's why we are in a "War is Peace" situation like Orwell predicted us to. So the only wars that exist are Proxy Wars (Afganistan, Iraq, Vietnam).

Why? Just because we can't deal with drugs?

no.... people AND money together in a system which is about money is the devil...

agreed.[/quote]

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
What about doing a mass experiment . I`ve all ready started , please join in . I`ve had 150 euros on my shelf for 2 years and up till now it hasnt hurt anyone or done anything wrong .

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
GOD a dit:
What about doing a mass experiment . I`ve all ready started , please join in . I`ve had 150 euros on my shelf for 2 years and up till now it hasnt hurt anyone or done anything wrong .

if i had the money i would do the same, but just to keep me out of further trouble..

psm

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
BrainEater a dit:
psm a dit:
...money is the real devil...

no.... people AND money together in a system which is about money is the devil...

ok, let me get more into that here :)

The devil does not exist. money does not exist. it is a system of simple control. an illusion to make people scared, to make them do what you want, to lead their life to your bidding.

while in old days money had a consensual value, defined by gold, or other riches, today's money does not. it is literally not real. it is colored paper without real value and so is book-money, the money the banks work with mostly.

but the pursuit to money is real, because we are made believe, that it is our purpose. we are made believe, that we can be millionaires, that we can be superstars, that we can be famous. and those, that do not really it, or aren't persuaded to follow the golden brick road, have identity crisis, are declared mad and insane, get lost in the depth of an ignorant society.
I regularly burn money in front of others to make them see the real value of money. I must have burned around a 1000 dollars in my life. and it was worth every cent.
the funny thing is the reaction of the people (which alone is worth the bill you just let go off in flames). so weird!
Lets say you are at a party and the conversation comes to money, capitalism or anything similar and somehow you get to the point, where you get to burn a € 20,- bill. Most people go mad! They try to save the bill, shout at you and act like you have just taken away their Precious and destroyed it, thrown into the hurling fires of mount doom...

really funny. sad, but funny, but really sad, but.... funny...

anyway... the same people, if they would see you buying a funny t-shirt (although you have 30 of them at home) or a videogame, a TV, as graphic card, some drugs, a bottle of wine, some hamburgers at McD... they would not even acknowledge it...
and on the other hand, that € 20,- could mean a month life to some poor family in a third world country. it's just bizarre.

nonetheless, it is your money. they should not mind what you do with it, but their reaction is... well similar to... LotR :)

You know the scene where Frodo wakes up at Rivendel and his uncle Bilbo talks to him? he asks to see the one ring, only one more time and suddenly his face goes b-movie-monster? that is the best way to describe the looks of the people seeing you burning a piece of colored paper...

Money:
Ash nazg durbatulûk / ash nazg gimbatul
ash nazg thrakatulûk / agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

[One thing to rule them all / one thing to find them
one thing to bring them all / and in the darkness bind them]

... and no, I am not that geekish, I do not speak the black speech of mordor I googled it. :D

Telico

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Really nice talk ! + 1 !

Subtle_Nod

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
12 Nov 2007
Snap out of it. :lol:

As pleasing an argument as it seems to make, you have to have faith in the first place or you would never have got on the plane - that's why you wouldn't freak out, you got on it thinking you would live through it and as it shakes you are still thinking that.

As for free market psht. Of course it isn't free. I say this from the inside.

Unless you have a lot of money, a solid plan and a lot of luck you will not break into an existing market. Think you can take out coke and pepsi? Put down that thought right now.

The market supports itself - Coke and Pepsi are not at war. They get 50% each and that is enough.

Money is needed to gain money. The more you have the more you can gain. Who do you think STARTED with the most money? The people who were better at war - they inherited the land.

War - Technology does not prevent it, it enables it. Shit - are you saying back in the days when you would have had to walk from France to China there was MORE war? Surely you do not really believe that?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I shall go down to the supermarket and take what i want and tell them there is no money , money isnt real amd see what they say .

Subtle_Nod

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
12 Nov 2007
GOD a dit:
I shall go down to the supermarket and take what i want and tell them there is no money , money isnt real amd see what they say .

I think they would have you institutionalized.

If you are replying to me I am lost.

If you are replying to then - I think he meant the *value* of money is symbolic rather than actual, but I can't really speak for him.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"If you are replying to me I am lost. "

I wasnt replying to you .

Subtle_Nod

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
12 Nov 2007
GOD a dit:
"If you are replying to me I am lost. "

I wasnt replying to you .

I didn't think so, that's why I included the second reply.

Erm... money?

Money only has real value if you trust the government issuing it to really have the gold to back it and you trust the government not to lie.

EG: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7294665.stm

Discuss.

psm

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
Subtle_Nod a dit:
Money only has real value if you trust the government issuing it to really have the gold to back it
Which is simply not the case for about 90 years and even more so for 70.

Subtle_Nod a dit:
and you trust the government not to lie.
Which is simply pointless for about 12.000 years and even more so for 106.

psm

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
GOD a dit:

just because people believe in its value, does not make it more substantial.
same thing as with GOD... just because people believe in it, it does not make it more substantial.
it might make it true to those that believe in it, but reality is far from truth.