Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

mold advice?

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
i found this white powder like mold stuff on only one stem of a plant and cleaned it off immediately so i have no photo, but i know i should keep close eyes on it. ive read other people refer to it as powdery mildew.
i think its cause i watered off schedule in the evening and the soil stayed moist all night causing fungi. so what treatment plans are recommended guys? its a bushy indica one i kinda have to dig through leaves to find the bottoms of branches barely seeing spikes of her flowers. much thanks

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
uh... well you can either use isopropyl alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, or vinegar from the pharmacy counter, one will work, and shouldn't harm your plant too much. Just make sure if you use these that you put it on a towel, and then plaace the towel on the infected area, trying not to touch leaves or buds.

Mildew killers and anti-fungal agents are nasty if inhaled or smoked, I would only use those VERY carefully. Don't want to be smokeing that shit. Actually "Neem oil" doesn't seem too dangerous - however it make girls infertile if taken orally... :lol:

im1badpup

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Sept 2008
get more air circulating to prevent it in the first place.
plants at that stage id spray with one of the above ijesuschrist said, the affected parts. 30mins before light goes off. or get a fungicide what "safe" to spray on vegetables ( bearing in mind it breaks down to harmless chems in 14 days) but dont apply anything like that once buds developed.
id also remove stems that arnt going to get no light when the plant is developed- after treating with fungicide-

remember prevention is better than cure! air circulation ;) if your having mould already.. you may have trouble later

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
Thanks guys, iv'e been watching her and im trying to avoid adding any fungicides unless i have to. if i do, neem oil i think is the way to go. i moved her closer to the sun for one day and then back to her normal spot because i read that raising the heat makes it inhabitable for mold. i also changed the watering schedule to once a morning (i thought watering at night would help flowering throughout the night).

the spot where mold once was has now become callused and brown like a scab or how the bottom main stem looks as it gets old. and i scan the plant everyday for new spores trying to form but a new thing is making me worried. every morning i go to water her, she is so drooped she looks like shes going to die. After watering, she perks up but should she be looking that bad in the morning? i know their leaves droop a little during night to save energy but ive never seen them droop like this. she is not root bound

was it that day in the sun 3 days ago?
is it under-watering?
is my plant weaker maybe from the mold?
those are the only things im aware that i changed since she started drooping. i hope shes fine. thanks again

im1badpup

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Sept 2008
if its sickness or lack of water id try this, feel your plant when its perky, are the stems and leave branches solid in feel? if you stroke the growing tips to one side do they feel springy n healthy?

now feel your plant an hour before lights on when its droopy, is it soft in stems, soft leaves, soggy feel, or is it still although drooped solid leaves and stems feel?

if its really soft by comparison then its either lack of water or sick..

if its not lack of water,

check the ph
check for salt buildup with ppm reader
(flush if either are massively out)

the plant looks healthy nute wise though..

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
thanks man, if your asking about nute problems, i see no discoloration whatsoever except tiny bottom leaves turning pale yellow and falling off but that was there before the mold.ill post a check up tomorrow