Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Models, frameworks, perspective, and questions

Kai

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
4 Juin 2009
What's your view on those four things? I'm very interested in hearing what you guys have to say.

I feel that the framework of "What in the fuck is reality?!" that spawned from my humble stoner beginnings in high-school is what has successfully directed my life to where I am now in terms of understanding and experience.

I don't know if anyone has read any of Stephan Wolfram's work "A new kind of science" but it's based on the idea that simple functions give rise to immense complexity, I feel like there's a parallel with that in questions. For example, "What is life?" Just three words long; will eventually lead you to infinity, fractals, mathematics, physics, evolution, psychedelics, and everything in-between. Which I assume you all know, is quite a lot.

Sorry I couldn't elaborate more with clearer language, but I figure you guys might be able to understand(;

itsscience

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
7 Oct 2010
Models, frameworks and questions are made by people and are therefore subjective in that they are derived from an individual's perspective.

Or in other words, the perspective of the individual who develops the model, framework or question dictates how that model, framework or question is presented.

Models and frameworks can be useful tools but it is important to realise that they should never be seen as final, they can always be elaborated upon, expanded or modified. In that regard questions become a fantastic tool to continue to develop and refine your models, frameworks and your perception because it is only in asking that we can be led to answers and answers will always generate new questions.

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
models, frameworks, perspectives, questions, names, memes, paradigms, etc are vectors :arrow: for consciousness. they are symbols which generate a certain type of thought pattern that is specific to the given concept. in their design, they are tools for progress, respective to the things the associate with. they can "help" or "hurt", depending on their intent, the way they are filtered and also the way they are interpreted. they are the only thing we know, yet, they consist, physically, of nothing. although they appear as but shells, the reality that they affect is immense, and thus people confusingly associate the "map for the territory".

be aware of the symbolism, it's everywhere. everything can be had from it, even though "everything" is fundamentally, nothing.