Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

MIND CONTROL MADE EASY! Become a Cult Leader Today!

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Classic!

Pariah

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Mar 2008
Where can I sign up, this sounds great.

:lol:

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Excellent video (and the other one:
). I've seen many of these elements in the groups I have encountered in my life, including programs like Landmark. The psychedelic community is pretty much free from these dynamics, though you'll come across psychonauts who are brainwashed by any of the currently existing cults.

Though the video takes the funny approach of making this an instructional video on how to become a guru, most (new age) gurus were/are brainwashed disciples themselves. Especially the Indian swamis and babas, they're always part of a lineage (with the exception of people like Jiddu Krishnamurti). This seems to give their teachings added 'authority'. The problem, then, is the tradition with its scriptures and clinging to old teachings, not the individuals taking up the role of guru or cult leader.

When I was in the Hare Krishna cult I also lived on a low protein diet and the aim was to sleep between 6 and 7 hours (and then dancing, as well as an occasional spinning around in circles if the music got really fired up), but all of these were part of an ancient tradition, not rules imposed on us by one of the leaders.

The people who purposefully employed the things mentioned in the video were the CIA with their brainwashing programs. But it's also true most cults subject themselves to similar brainwashing curriculums.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I loved it too.
n656410309_606112_5360.jpg

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I invented air!

Funny that quite some words of the vid apply to this forum. Are we a cult?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
yes.

didn't you know?

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
WHERE IS MY MEMBERCARD??

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
You'll get one if you transfer the 300 € subscription fee and complete the exam. But don't get hung up on the membercard, it is just for the outer circle.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"psychonauts who are brainwashed by any of the currently existing cults."

2012 ? Astrology ?

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
the Guru a dit:
You'll get one if you transfer the 300 € subscription fee and complete the exam. But don't get hung up on the membercard, it is just for the outer circle.
Uuh, aren't these 300 € included in the 5000 € and guaranteed legacy I sent you? Dammit.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
There's a surcharge for asking stupid questions. Didn't you read the book? Are you even wearing your green socks?

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
GOD a dit:
"psychonauts who are brainwashed by any of the currently existing cults."

2012 ? Astrology ?
2012 and astrology are not cults. If you think they are, please explain how they are related to the elements shown in the video. I know there are some really whacky 2012 cults (who believe the world is going to end then), but psychonauts are generally optimistic about 2012. At least that's my impression from associating with hundreds of e-hippies over the years.

With cults I mean groups that are too religious and fanatical about a certain way of doing psychedelics, or entheogens rather. I haven't personally interacted with members, but from what I've heard it could be said groups like the Santo Daime have cult characteristics. And the Psy-scene seems to be heavily influenced by Indian notions and beliefs, with some psychonauts ending up in ashrams or visiting Amma's, Baba's and Lama's.

And according to the very liberal Wikipedia entry about who is a psychonaut, sleep deprivation is one of our tools as well:

Other technologies and practices employed include:

* Sleep deprivation
* Isolation tank
* Sensory deprivation
* Sensory overload
* Sex
* Fasting
* Dark-room retreats
* Brainwave synchronization
* Brain wave entrainment
* Glossolalia
* Lucid dreaming
* Hypnosis
* Mind machines
* Dreamachine
* Astral Projection
2012 is a meme that's interpreted in many different ways. There is no single 2012 cult. Likewise astrology is a science with many different schools. Astrology and 2012 are embraced by many different individuals and groups, including cults. But so are computers and brown rice.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
I was just posting about how 2012 can be cult element in the thread on the general psychonautics forum, and I come here to find out GOD agrees with me when I'm not here, but he disagrees with me when I'm there.

How confusing indeed :roll:

Ego death is one extreme that is the major "invisible" cult element, it is nowhere and everywhere !