Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Mimosa hostilis shelf life

acim2

Banni
Inscrit
15 Mar 2007
I'm getting something from a vendor that also has Mimosa hostilis. I'm not planning to use it for at least two-three months.

Will it lose potency?

I was thinking of having them grid it up, since they offer that free....would that reduce it's shelf life?

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
It'll last longer than you.

I prefer to buy mine pre-ground, it won't reduce it's potency or shelf life.

acim2

Banni
Inscrit
15 Mar 2007
Wow...I can get a lifetime supply....

I remember figuring out the volume of 10 year supply of hash when I was young....

An ounce a week (I know, excessive) at 1 cubic inch an ounce (over estimate maybe).

So, 10x10x1/2 inch for a year (take two weeks off since you're smoking an ounce a week and need it.) So, 10x10x5 = 10 years.......

Now this might get some grade schoolers interested in Math....maybe being a math teacher is my calling....I just got an email about getting a diploma on line...maybe that's a good idea?

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
acim2 a dit:
Wow...I can get a lifetime supply....

I remember figuring out the volume of 10 year supply of hash when I was young....

An ounce a week (I know, excessive) at 1 cubic inch an ounce (over estimate maybe).

So, 10x10x1/2 inch for a year (take two weeks off since you're smoking an ounce a week and need it.) So, 10x10x5 = 10 years.......

Now this might get some grade schoolers interested in Math....maybe being a math teacher is my calling....I just got an email about getting a diploma on line...maybe that's a good idea?
heh yeah become a math teacher :P
But before you do get your basic physics in order and learn to use the SI system ;)

acim2

Banni
Inscrit
15 Mar 2007
SI is un-American....

We are too moral and have too much 'conviction' to fall for that propaganda...imagine multiples of 10. We are much happier with 12, 4, 16, 5280...etc. They tried to force us to do that years ago, but we were too smart for that.

We are much happier with our US-centric history, English units, and creationism taught in science class. I could teach you a few things about how the earth is 5000 years old and humans were here before the dinosaurs.

If it wasn't for the US, no one would have ever discovered the Mayans, Aztecs, or the Navaho...they would still be completely lost if not for us.

I think not knowing SI would be an advantage when looking for a Math job in the US.

;)

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I agree.

Our way is always best.

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
A bit back on topic, is there a difference between buying preground and whole mimosa rootbark? My money-making mind thinks that preground is just the rubbish that comes along when digging for whole pieces of quality bark, (especially on a site where grounded rootbark is cheaper).. But maybe i should have more trust in the vendors :wink:

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
I remember on my traineeship in San Diego that it was always very hard to make proper technical drawings with detailed measures. For instance: 324 mm is in SI just 3 characters, in US it is 1'3/4"

The smaller the measures get, the more characters you need. Maybe that's why they build everything bigger in America. :P

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Soulcatcher: interesting thought. You should buy a half kilo of whole bark and one of pre-ground, do an extraction and see which one contains more spice. Do it for science.

Paz: I agree. As a mechanic, I really hate looking into a box of tools such as socket wrenches and seeing shit like 5/8" , 9/16", 1 1/8". It's ridiculous.
I can look at most any size nut or bolt and say "well that's gonna need a 8mm wrench". I wish everything was metric.

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
Paz: I agree. As a mechanic, I really hate looking into a box of tools such as socket wrenches and seeing shit like 5/8" , 9/16", 1 1/8". It's ridiculous.
I can look at most any size nut or bolt and say "well that's gonna need a 8mm wrench". I wish everything was metric.

in DIY markets, some mechanical parts like water and gas pipe fittings are still measured in inches most times. To make matters weirder, the tube diameter is in metric, but the thread and diameter of the fitting is in inches.

working with mixed systems has caused me headaches on more than 1 occasion.

This is in the netherlands, dunno about the rest of europe

(..derailing the topic one step further)

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
for further derailment, without examples springing to mind i remember stuff about maybe an airplane crashing or a building collapsing due to using metric scale combined with the imperial bullshit. Strange too though that the americans didn't jump on the anti english bandwagon and joined SI, after all that war you'd expect something like that :S.

back on topic
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if soul catcher's fear was true, that the preground is just rubbish while digging for whole pieces. I don't have a clue though how Mimosa rootbark weighs/smells/handles/looks so maybe there's something about it I don't know. You people sure have made me curious to do a DMT extraction sometime though :E
edit: I mainly blame you brewmaster! 8) :wink:

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Then I feel like I've done some good.

I think everyone of sound mind should experience this amazing compound at least once in their lives. It's flat-out incredible!

There's no telling how long it will be before the authorites start cracking down and making the sale of dmt containing plant illegal.

I'm stocking up now!

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Brew, I think your 'tripreport' relit the flame of interest in a lot of people (including me)..
We (me and Entheonaut) are actually planning an extraction somewhere this summer, we want to extract a lot so we won't have the fuzz of extracting for a while.. it would be interesting to find out that a chunk of mimosa contained more dmt then the powdered stuff.. But our inexperience with extractions would make our findings no proof for this.

Brewmaster, all in all i think your positive vibes in 'brewmaster tries dmt!' (something like that) thread had a big impact since your such a beloved person on this forum (i think, this says nothing about my personal thoughts :roll: )

8)

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
There he goes. One of god's own prototypes, never intended for mass production.....too strange to live.....too cool to die.

btw, about your signature :p
wasn't it too rare too die??
:D

Greets

PS: this thread is completely derailed now..