Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Mexico meth raid yields $205 million in U.S. cash

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
MEXICO CITY — Authorities confiscated more than $200 million in U.S. currency from methamphetamine producers in one of this city's ritziest neighborhoods, they said Friday, calling it the largest drug cash seizure in history.

The seizure reflected the vast scope of an illegal drug trade linking Asia, Mexico and the United States, officials said. Two of the seven people arrested Thursday at a faux Mediterranean villa in the Lomas de Chapultepec neighborhood were Chinese nationals.

The group was part of a larger drug-trafficking organization that imports "precursor chemicals" from companies in India and China for processing into methamphetamine in Mexican "super labs," authorities said. The methamphetamine is eventually sold in the United States.

The raid resulted from an investigation that began in December, when authorities seized 19 tons of pseudoephedrine, a cold medicine that is a key ingredient in the production of methamphetamine, at a Mexican port on the Pacific Coast.

A legally registered Mexican company, listed by a trade association as the country's third-largest importer of pseudoephedrine, was implicated, officials said.

Mexican drug-trafficking organizations have become increasingly important in the U.S. methamphetamine trade, because the U.S. has imposed tougher controls on the sale of the chemicals used to produce the highly addictive drug.

President Felipe Calderon hailed the seizure as a major development in his government's war on drug traffickers, who have ravaged several Mexican cities and towns.

"We are working in a decisive manner to save our country and to keep Mexico safe and clean," Calderon told an audience in Tijuana. "I don't even want to imagine how many young people this gang poisoned with its drugs. But I can assure you, they will do it no longer."

Mexican officials said the cash seized was mostly in U.S. $100 bills and weighed at least 4,500 pounds.

"Kudos for the Mexicans," said Donald C. Semesky, financial operations chief for the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration. "They're very serious in this effort, and we commend them."

U.S. officials said that, if confirmed, the cash seizure would be several times larger than any other made from drug traffickers. A spokesman for the Mexican attorney general's office said that experts were still analyzing the $205.6 million in cash to check for counterfeits but that the bills appeared to be legitimate.

Officials with the attorney general's organized crime unit used a moving truck, guarded by a 25 patrol-car caravan, to take the money to its headquarters.

Authorities said the traffickers were led by a naturalized Mexican citizen of Chinese descent who appeared to have left the country.

Several machines for manufacturing pills were found at the site, but the group did not produce drugs there. The mansion appeared to serve as a financial operations center and cash storage facility.

More at: http://www.latimes.com/news/la-fg-meth1 ... full.story

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
thats a lot of money :drool:

Spidi

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Juil 2006
kcar181 a dit:
Authorities said the traffickers were led by a naturalized Mexican citizen of Chinese descent who appeared to have left the country.

Respect for that guy! I know it's fucking meth, but still getting away is something, well, great!

JosVU

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Juin 2006
Now I sort off have an idea how 200milion looks like..
:lol:
normaly i don't really give a fuck about euro's and dollars but you can make so many people happy with that money.. What does the police do with it?

If they would spend there money on searching this kinda stuff they would have much more proffet then just catch people speeding on the high way..
Here police officers are fired and at the same time lots of people just keep screaming it just ain't safe out here!! I'm sorry I just got an e-mail from the CDA I wrote them about soft drugs and I got the most dumb awnser ever!!!

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
JosVU a dit:
Now I sort off have an idea how 200milion looks like..
:lol:
normaly i don't really give a fuck about euro's and dollars but you can make so many people happy with that money.. What does the police do with it?

If they would spend there money on searching this kinda stuff they would have much more proffet then just catch people speeding on the high way..
Here police officers are fired and at the same time lots of people just keep screaming it just ain't safe out here!! I'm sorry I just got an e-mail from the CDA I wrote them about soft drugs and I got the most dumb awnser ever!!!
I'd actually like to see your and their e-mail, if I may be so rude.

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
this makes my stomach turn. Were have still have a long way to go to have some kind of acceptance of mind and mood altering substances.

they (FBI, DEA et al) forge this money into weapons amongst other things. A few months ago there was this documentory on dutch television about the special police forces dealing with drugs in the US. A law passed in the 80 (?) makes it possible to keep money and assets and those to buy hardware and pay wages. There were only a few person who were willing to comment on the economics of the process.

'quite profitable' was a understatement, I could tell from his body language.